What are you reading?

The Kings Depart - The Tragedy of Germany: Versailles and the German Revolution by Richard M. Watt

The subject of the book is the state of Germany in 1918-1919. World War I was over, the Kaiser had fallen and the Versailles conference had convened. In Paris, the victorious Allies set out to remake Europe in Woodrow Wilson's vision, while in Berlin - starving and defeated - the pattern of future events was set by frightened and bewildered men, caught up in the realities of revolution, anarchy, and violence.

1918 was the moment when - briefly - the Allies might have imposed democracy on Europe. The Kings Depart is the story of their failure to do so.

214713.jpg

With the Old Breed by E. B. Sledge ,To America by Stephen E. Ambrose,Truman by David McCullough ,and
The Life of Andrew Jackson by Robert Vincent Remin should all arrive at the house tommorow.probably gonna read them in this exact order.just finished citizen solders and ike's boys by mr ambrose last night.

Finished The Hunger Games series, now reading Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Supposedly it's about The Rapture (but maybe not). Reading it on a Kindle Fire. Still prefer 'real' books but hey, free book was free!

Game of Thrones Book V about 700 pages into it. It's not as good as Lord of the Rings, more like the Simarillon but I can't put the fucking book down. I read it every chance I get and I going to hate waiting for VI and VII

Fuck you George RRRRRRRR Martin

Giant Fuck You!

So I just found out that the book I'm reading, Left Behind, is the first in a series ... of either 12 or 16 books. :eek: And it is about the Rapture. I thought it was going to be about the Bermuda Triangle or something. :lol: No wonder Amazon offered it for free, get you hooked so you purchase the rest in the series. Nah, I'll either buy them off of ebay or get re-acquainted with the library.

The Silver Eagle by Ben Kane. It's a work of fiction that tracks the movements of the Lost Legion: a force made up of prisoners taken by the Parthians after their victory over Crassus at the Battle of Carrhae. The theory that such a legion existed has been leant mounting credibility after a Roman legionary helmet was discovered by archaelogists in China. The helmet had "the prisoners" etched into it.

Its Even Worse Than it Looks: How the Amerian Constitutional System Collided With The New Politics of Extremism, by Thomas Mann and Noram Ornstein. Long title, short book.

Game of Thrones Book V about 700 pages into it. It's not as good as Lord of the Rings, more like the Simarillon but I can't put the fucking book down. I read it every chance I get and I going to hate waiting for VI and VII

Fuck you George RRRRRRRR Martin

Giant Fuck You!

I read all five of the Fire & Ice books last fall. Couldn't put them down.

And yes, George RRRRRRRR Martin is VV Annoying. At the rate he is writing this series, it will be 2040 before The Final Battle.

Just finished the second book of the Left Behind series.

Went to the library today and got the next two books in the series plus a Stephen King one I hadn't read yet (Full Dark, No Stars).

I can't believe I'm reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer.........

That's how I'm going to feel whenever I get around to trying out the Hunger Games. :tongue: My little sister insists they are good, so I'll open the first one, but I'm expecting tweeny crap. Actually, that's probably what I'd expect from the Abraham Lincoln, too....

I'm currently reading some Battletech books.

Forum List

Back