What are you listening to?

some excellent trumpet from Clark Terry on the below,

I must say, of all the below players I've heard, nobody out-belows Clark Terry. :scared1:

I agree with perhaps the exception of Don Cherry with his rapid fire solos for Ornette Coleman.

Actually I was just joking on the word "below".... playing the below, get it?
Whew, tough crowd here.

But here's the closest thing to playing the bellows as we probably get ---

"Actually I was just joking on the word "below".... playing the below, get it?"

No I didn't, Clark Terry a great trumpet player so I agree but add with the exception of Don Cherry, I am having the disconnect somewhere though with playing the below, I Googled but it did not help so you'll just have to tell me the answer ogo.

I must say, of all the below players I've heard, nobody out-belows Clark Terry. :scared1:

I agree with perhaps the exception of Don Cherry with his rapid fire solos for Ornette Coleman.

Whew, tough crowd here.

No I didn't, Clark Terry a great trumpet player so I agree but add with the exception of Don Cherry, I am having the disconnect somewhere though with playing the below, I Googled but it did not help so you'll just have to tell me the answer ogo.

Aggggh.

I'm treating the word "below" as a noun. "Plays the below", as in "plays the trumpet", "plays the clarinet" etc.

I forgot, Teutons have no sense of humour. :scared1:

Dorothy Ashby: "Charmaine" --- Prestige LP "Hip Harp" 1958

Dorothy Ashby one of the rare Jazz Harpists, the Harp not known as being a Jazz instrument ever she also on some recordings used a Japanese instrument the Koto.

Koto (instrument) - Wikipedia

Prestige Records was a great label among others Miles Davis started on Prestige with his first album "The Musings of Miles" (Oscar Pettiford on bass and Philly Joe Jones on drums) released in 1955.

Whew, tough crowd here.

Aggggh.

I'm treating the word "below" as a noun. "Plays the below", as in "plays the trumpet", "plays the clarinet" etc.

I forgot, Teutons have no sense of humour. :scared1:

No now more confusing.

Um we have our own humour which is very humourous and also weird sometimes.

"Pipeline" played on triple-tracked Guayaguems :)

Today again I have had Kid A indulging in my obsession with 1960s Girl Groups so we have been listening mainly to The Shirelles one of the greatest of the Girl Groups.

The Shirelles "Putty In Your Hands" from the album "Baby It's You" released in 1962 on Scepter Records.

Forum List

Back