What are you listening to?

Checkerboard Strangler - have to thank you for introducing me to this duo :)

Huh?? Gene Clark was a founding member of The Byrds...him and Roger McGuinn?
You remember, don't you?

Here, have another Gene Clark tune...this one might just choke you up a little.
It's one of those tunes that might make you want to drive your car off a cliff (LOL)
No, not really, but I swear, that Gene Clark died of a broken heart.

Checkerboard Strangler - have to thank you for introducing me to this duo :)

Huh?? Gene Clark was a founding member of The Byrds...him and Roger McGuinn?
You remember, don't you?

Here, have another Gene Clark tune...this one might just choke you up a little.
It's one of those tunes that might make you want to drive your car off a cliff (LOL)
No, not really, but I swear, that Gene Clark died of a broken heart.

Yes - I know him from The Byrds (a favorite group of mine) but I've never heard him and Carla Olson together :) That is a beautiful song....

Time to change it up a little and go back to my hard rock hippie past in Minneapolis!

The James Walsh Gypsy Band - Gypsy Queen Pt. 1
If you like Hammond B3 organs ROARING to life against a backdrop of hard driving guitar duos, you will love this band.

For my ex:

Marion Morrison Pogo some excellent trumpet from Clark Terry on the below, Sonny Rollins on tenor saxophone, Paul Chambers on double bass and as ever excellent drumming and some Timpani from Max Roach.

Thelonious Monk "Bemsha Swing" from the album "Brilliant Corners" released in 1957 on Riverside Records.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Today I have had Kid A listening to Nina Nastasia, all six albums of, he likes her, the below "This Familiar Way" musically is obviously a Tango, there is something wrong with people who do not like Tango.

Nina Nastasia "This Familiar Way" from the album "Outlaster" released in 2010 on Fat Cat Records.

Pogo you should check Nina Nastasia I think you will like, I should add that 90% of her recordings is not Tango but more a combination of Neo-Folk, Chamber Music and Neo-Classical often all together in one song.

Nina Nastasia - Wikipedia

some excellent trumpet from Clark Terry on the below,

I must say, of all the below players I've heard, nobody out-belows Clark Terry. :scared1:

I agree with perhaps the exception of Don Cherry with his rapid fire solos for Ornette Coleman.

Actually I was just joking on the word "below".... playing the below, get it?
Whew, tough crowd here.

But here's the closest thing to playing the bellows as we probably get ---

Forum List

Back