What are you listening to?

The Velvelettes "Needle In A Haystack" released on 7" in 1964 on V.I.P. Records the B Side is "Should I Tell Them" V.I.P. was one of Motown Records subsidiary labels and was set up in 1963.

Pogo I mentioned Son House the other night re. Hambone Willie Newbern.

The White Stripes "Death Letter" from the album "De Stijl" released in 2000 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

Son House "Death Letter" recorded in April 1965 and from the album "The Legendary Son House Father of Folk Blues" released in 1965 on Columbia Records.

^^^^ "Death Letter" is a basic reworking of Son Houses "My Black Mama Part II" recorded in August 1930 and released on 10" Shellac 78RPM in 1930 on Paramount Records this is the B Side the A Side is "My Black Mama Part I"

The Velvelettes "Needle In A Haystack" released on 7" in 1964 on V.I.P. Records the B Side is "Should I Tell Them" V.I.P. was one of Motown Records subsidiary labels and was set up in 1963.

The White Stripes "Death Letter" from the album "De Stijl" released in 2000 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

Son House "Death Letter" recorded in April 1965 and from the album "The Legendary Son House Father of Folk Blues" released in 1965 on Columbia Records.

^^^^ "Death Letter" is a basic reworking of Son Houses "My Black Mama Part II" recorded in August 1930 and released on 10" Shellac 78RPM in 1930 on Paramount Records this is the B Side the A Side is "My Black Mama Part I"

Shirley Collins and Davy Graham "Hares On The Mountain" from the album "Folk Roots, New Routes" released in 1964 on Decca Records.

Oosie, we mentioned Joni Mitchell's horrendous CD with orchestra the other day -- here she is in a setting that works far better, Herbie Hancock's CD "River: The Joni Letters" released 2007 on Verve

Peggy Lee "Black Coffee" from the album "Black Coffee" released on 10" in 1953 on Decca Records.

Yesterday Kid A aged 4 years of age and me listened to the three best albums from The White Stripes in ONE sitting, MEGA, "The White Stripes" (1999) "De Stijl" (2000) and "Elephant" (2003) the latter sans Track 1 "Seven Nation Army" which is to be avoided of course as it's basically crap by Jack White's standards.

Kid A has loved The White Stripes since I first introduced them to him at age 3 years of age, I have this boy totally trained, we will be having NO Taylor Swift type Pop Music in this household, I have corrupted the next generation in the right musical direction.

Pogo you should like them, if you don't you should, fantastic dirty Blues mixed with the most chaotic of Garage and Jack White is also just a great guitarist.

The White Stripes "When I Hear My Name" from the album "The White Stripes" released in 1999 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

The White Stripes "Ball and Biscuit" from the album "Elephant" released in 2003 on XL/Third Man Records.

The White Stripes "Little Bird" from the album "De Stijl" released in 2000 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

Last edited:
Yesterday Kid A aged 4 years of age and me listened to the three best albums from The White Stripes in ONE sitting, MEGA, "The White Stripes" (1999) "De Stijl" (2000) and "Elephant" (2003) the latter sans Track 1 "Seven Nation Army" which is to be avoided of course as it's basically crap by Jack White's standards.

Kid A has loved The White Stripes since I first introduced them to him at age 3 years of age, I have this boy totally trained, we will be having NO Taylor Swift type Pop Music in this household, I have corrupted the next generation in the right musical direction.

Pogo you should like them, if you don't you should, fantastic dirty Blues mixed with the most chaotic of Garage and Jack White is also just a great guitarist.

The White Stripes "When I Hear My Name" from the album "The White Stripes" released in 1999 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

The White Stripes "Ball and Biscuit" from the album "Elephant" released in 2003 on XL/Third Man Records.

The White Stripes "Little Bird" from the album "De Stijl" released in 2000 on Sympathy For The Record Industry Records.

I shall put an ear on them as soon as this page finishes loading which, if Oosie keeps posting so many videos, should me about mid-March. :slap:

Meanwhile, props out to a company that would name itself "Sympathy for the Record Industry Records" :laugh2:

I shall put an ear on them as soon as this page finishes loading which, if Oosie keeps posting so many videos, should me about mid-March. :slap:

Meanwhile, props out to a company that would name itself "Sympathy for the Record Industry Records" :laugh2:
I am listening to John lennons album "Mind Games" right now. Likely a James Gang album when over.

I like the Etta James clip too. I was into that music when I was about 10 years old. There was a t.v. show with band leader Johnny Otis and he had Etta James on a lot. That was in the mid 1950's

Peggy Lee "Black Coffee" from the album "Black Coffee" released on 10" in 1953 on Decca Records.

The pages are loading better for me now when I delete previous post and that is helping.

Yes I agree and also Sympathy for the Record Industry are 30 years old in 2018.

Sympathy for the Record Industry - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back