What are you listening to?

Robert Johnson "Terraplane Blues" recorded in 1936 and released on 10" Shellac 78RPM in 1937 on Vocalion Records the B Side is "Kind Hearted Woman Blues" Vocalion Records was a subsidiary of Brunswick Records.

Robert Johnson recorded these songs on November 23 1936 in Room 414 of the Gunter Hotel, San Antonio, Texas.

upload_2017-12-6_19-28-47.png

upload_2017-12-6_19-29-21.png

Around here it's been snowing about 18 hours and expected to go well into tomorrow. The world is covered with a magical velvet fluff of unexcelled beauty, And for our celebration I give you the incomparable... Kate Bush.

Around here it's been snowing about 18 hours and expected to go well into tomorrow. The world is covered with a magical velvet fluff of unexcelled beauty, And for our celebration I give you the incomparable... Kate Bush.

This is an example of a cover version being much better than the original. The original being the Bo Diddley version of "Who Do You Love" which was released on 7" in 1956 on Checker Records the B Side is "I'm Bad", Checker was a subsidiary of Chess Records.

Ronnie Hawkins and The Hawks "Who Do You Love" released on 7" in 1963 on Roulette Records the B Side is "Bo Diddley"....Ronnie Hawkins backing band The Hawks, the 1957-1964 line-up later in 1964 changed their name to The Band and then became Bob Dylan's backing band.

upload_2017-12-9_19-39-16.png

I did not know that anyone in America would have heard of Kate Bush, of course ogo I thought that if any did though it would be you.

This is an example of a cover version being much better than the original. The original being the Bo Diddley version of "Who Do You Love" which was released on 7" in 1956 on Checker Records the B Side is "I'm Bad", Checker was a subsidiary of Chess Records.

Ronnie Hawkins and The Hawks "Who Do You Love" released on 7" in 1963 on Roulette Records the B Side is "Bo Diddley"....Ronnie Hawkins backing band The Hawks, the 1957-1964 line-up later in 1964 changed their name to The Band and then became Bob Dylan's backing band.

View attachment 165137

Thelonious Monk "Humph" from the album "Genius of Modern Music: Vol. 2" released on 10" in 1952 on Blue Note Records.

I did not know that anyone in America would have heard of Kate Bush, of course ogo I thought that if any did though it would be you.

Oh I've been following her since about 1980. Kate's first several albums weren't released here (guess what -- same label that didn't release the Beatles here thinking they wouldn't sell) so we had to buy imports from Canada or the UK (tell us EMI, why would she sell in Canada but not the States?). My favourite one is still The Dreaming. An exhausting project for her but a masterpiece of production.

Forum List

Back