What are they thinking in Russia?

Nothing can unite Americans like the fear or Russia and mutually assured distruction. This is what bad leaders do. When they suck, they start trouble with other countries. Then all the SHEEP in this country rally behind the President. We forget how poorly the guy has been doing because "we are all Americans".

So McCain is manipulating you. Are you falling for it? I say this story shows McCain is a war monger and has no diplomacy skills.

Sealy -- The #1 quoter of Russian Propaganda. No need to bring back TASS with Sealy around. Uncle Vlad thanks you. :clap2:

With this whole Georgian thing going on, I've doing more research into what is actually happening in Russia. I guess I should have known this, but I was not aware of the Putin Youth. They are known as Nashis. "Our Guys" They provide "street presence" for Putin in political demonstrations. They also specialize in terrorizing and breaking up the non-Putin political rallies. You could think of the SA with the Nazis and you wouldn't be far off.

There is an estimated 120,000 Nashis operating in Russia with funding from the Kremlin. They take their orders from First Deputy Ivanov. So, what's on their mind?

The reaction to this in places where note has been taken of it, is that this is an indication of a return to totalitarian rule. There is too much information on this to post links, just Google it.

These are probably the same guys reported as plundering raping killing and burning in Georgia, too.

Political monsters seldom have much trouble finding minions, do they?

Dude you just can't let it go that Bush won back to back elections can you....You conveniently forgot one big thing the UN voted for force as well.

Dude, bush has given the GOP a kiss of death. His actions as president come as close to a proclamation of a kingdom as any WH inhabitant in US history. His legacy will be to hand the Democrats a Super Majority in Congress and the White House. That will NOT be good IMHO. Any party with such total unbridled power is going to abuse it. But thanks to george, it is going to happen.

Did the UN authorize w to attack Iraq? I think not.

The War on Iraq: Legal Issues

Didn't the Hitler youth serve the same purpose in Nazi Germany before and during WWII?.
I hear also that there are a lot of Skin heads racists in Moscow and all over Russia.
There still not many Black Russians, or many other minorities living in Moscow.The Ethiopians that have lived in Moscow, say the Russians are very racists.

Last edited:
Dude, bush has given the GOP a kiss of death. His actions as president come as close to a proclamation of a kingdom as any WH inhabitant in US history. His legacy will be to hand the Democrats a Super Majority in Congress and the White House. That will NOT be good IMHO. Any party with such total unbridled power is going to abuse it. But thanks to george, it is going to happen.

The Democrats will abuse their upcoming super majority because they cannot help it ? I guess we need to prepare ourselves for more excuses like this, huh ?

The UN authorized force in Iraq back in 1991. What was in effect after Persian Gulf I was a CEASE FIRE. Any single violation of that cease fire would give full and legal cause for renewed military action. Sadaam violate the cease fire over 1200 times, any ONE of those was ample reason to resume hostilities. And forget about the next 16 UN resolutions, all violated by Sadaam and all carry the legal use of force to back up.

And that is if you even think the UN has any authority over what the US does in it's own national interest. It doesn't.

Dildo, I never said they couldn't help it. It is the nature of politics. When gw was elected with GOP control of congress, they were passing legislation, spending money they didn't have, and allowing special interest to run rampant in DC BECAUSE the Democrats did not have power over the agenda nor did they have standing to even challenge some of the GOP power plays. The results? bush never vetoed one bill during that period. The GOP was drunk with power.

Well, they have had their very brief hay day and now it is the Demo's turn. They will eventually accomplish the same travesty of unchecked power. If bush had even had a reasonably good administration or if the GOP had not become gluttens of special interest, the Executive and Legislative branches could possibly have been more balanced after November. But is is becoming more obvious everyday that the Democrats will have absolute power.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902)

Dildo, I never said they couldn't help it. It is the nature of politics. When gw was elected with GOP control of congress, they were passing legislation, spending money they didn't have, and allowing special interest to run rampant in DC BECAUSE the Democrats did not have power over the agenda nor did they have standing to even challenge some of the GOP power plays. The results? bush never vetoed one bill during that period. The GOP was drunk with power.

Well, they have had their very brief hay day and now it is the Demo's turn. They will eventually accomplish the same travesty of unchecked power. If bush had even had a reasonably good administration or if the GOP had not become gluttens of special interest, the Executive and Legislative branches could possibly have been more balanced after November. But is is becoming more obvious everyday that the Democrats will have absolute power.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902)

And that has a lot to do with the price of rice in Bangladesh...

And there was mistake #1 after 9/11. Trying to be a good 'international neighbor', went after the resolution which passed unanimously in security council, followed by our ally, France saying it didn't mean what it said it did, so go after another, which they in concert blocked. It wasn't the administration trying to be unilateral, on the contrary.

After the deception, they called on the earlier mandates, went to Congress, went to war. Not illegal.

And there was mistake #1 after 9/11. Trying to be a good 'international neighbor', went after the resolution which passed unanimously in security council, followed by our ally, France saying it didn't mean what it said it did, so go after another, which they in concert blocked. It wasn't the administration trying to be unilateral, on the contrary.

After the deception, they called on the earlier mandates, went to Congress, went to war. Not illegal.

Folks also have to remember the French, Germans and Russians were Sadaam's major partners in the oil for food scandal and that, more than anything else, led France and Germany to so bitterly oppose use of force....it meant the end of their sweatheart dealings with Sadaam...

All on false premise. Then Powell, who most Americans trusted, was told to go to the UN and tell more bush lies. He was so embarassed by the administration's lies, he resigned and will probably be out of politics forever. He would have been a better candiate against Obama than McCain but he was used as a pawn by your boys.

Y'all can whine and cry about freedom fries all you want, and you can make up any excuse you want for why the french didn't want to invade.

The fact is, the french and germans were right: there wasn't any need to invade iraq. No WMD, no alliances with al qaeda, no urgent threats to the united states or europe from iraq.

The UN authorized force in Iraq back in 1991. What was in effect after Persian Gulf I was a CEASE FIRE. Any single violation of that cease fire would give full and legal cause for renewed military action. Sadaam violate the cease fire over 1200 times, any ONE of those was ample reason to resume hostilities. And forget about the next 16 UN resolutions, all violated by Sadaam and all carry the legal use of force to back up.

And that is if you even think the UN has any authority over what the US does in it's own national interest. It doesn't.

this has been covered a thousand times, and people still don't understand it.

The cease fire in 1991 was between the United Nations and Iraq.

NOT between the United States and Iraq.

The US did not have the legal authority to unilaterally declare a resumption of hostilities. That power was vested in the UN Security Council, not the United States.

The US did not have the legal authority to unilaterally declare a resumption of hostilities. That power was vested in the UN Security Council, not the United States.

Is the US presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law ?

Y'all can whine and cry about freedom fries all you want, and you can make up any excuse you want for why the french didn't want to invade.

The fact is, the french and germans were right: there wasn't any need to invade iraq. No WMD, no alliances with al qaeda, no urgent threats to the united states or europe from iraq.

They violated the terms of their cease fire over 1200 times. Violated UN resolutions over 1100 times. He gassed his own citizens, maintained rape rooms, that's more than reason enough.

And, of course, we now have some very large bases on Russia's southern flank and near Iran's front door. A VERY good reason to invade all by itself.

Sure we did. The cease fire was violated. We reacted because we had the only sizable troop concentrations left in the area to enforce the accords.

And in case you have forgotten. The United States does not need ANY approval from the UN to do anything. Never have, never will.

Didn't the Hitler youth serve the same purpose in Nazi Germany before and during WWII?.
I hear also that there are a lot of Skin heads racists in Moscow and all over Russia.
There still not many Black Russians, or many other minorities living in Moscow.The Ethiopians that have lived in Moscow, say the Russians are very racists.

No, that was the Sturmabteilung, 52nd Street, AKA the SA

When Hitler reached power, he formed the SS to counterbalance their power, and then after the the night of the long knifes took out most of the SA leadership, Hitler had complete in control of his so called "party".

You can read about that gang of paramilitary thugs here

Sturmabteilung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think, for what's it worth, we should try to stop using the word Fascist, when what we really mean is authoritarian.

While every police state (or criminal police state for that matter) is authoritarian, not every police state is Fascist.

Russia is not fascist, it is an authoritarian state, I suspect.

I realize that to many of us this is a distinction without a real difference, but it confuses some people when we use these words interchangably.

STALINIST Russia, Moa's CHINA, Hitler's GERMANY all of them authoritarian police states.

The political justifications these monsters used to justify their horrible governments is really completely irrelevant.

Exactly

If any other country had acted unilaterally, as we did, we would be ready to throw them out of the UN.

Is bush back in Texas yet?

Forum List

Back