What are the Top 10 Religious Intolerant Countries - Hint think Islam!

The funny thing is:

What were the most succesfull Moslem states:

1. Ottoman Empire:
Was so big nasty and powerfull, that it took several alliances of nearly all of Christian Europe to keep them at bay. Religiously tolerant? You bet, home to a lot of Jews that fled from Spain.

2. Mamelucks: Fairly tolerant actually, allowed christian pilgrims to reach Jerusalem, didnt pursue the Jews a lot, got pwned by the ottomans later.

3. Marocco: Was so damn succesfull in raiding and pirating other nations that the US Marines used specific gear to have a better fighting chance (the leatherneck thingies were made to protect themselfs from scimitar slashes by berber pirates). Was fairly tolerant, first country to diplomatically recognice the USA.

4. Mughal Empire:
Was quite tolerant to Hindus while it lasted.
Suffered the fate of most "minority rule" nations later.

Currently, the most succesfull Moslem states are turkey and Indonesia, and both of them are on the tolerant side of Islam.

I would like to mention an example from teh past where Islam flourished and Muslims and Jews lived together in a golden age under Islamic rule
Sephardim
Golden age of Jewish culture in Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The past is the ONLY time Islam fourished. Muslim nations have contributed nothing to the world in the last 300 years. Muslims are murderous, intolerant people, but i dont need to tell you all that, because everyone already knows it.

As an atheist, i can rate religions in a non biased way, because i think they are all stupid. With that said, Islam is the worst religion on earth and their followers are poison to the world. Are there a few peaceful ones out there? Maybe, but they are still poisonous. Anyone who would spread that religion deserves bad things to happen to them.

I bet there were some saints in the Nazi party, but i dont excuse them either. Its funny how many similarities muslims have to the Nazis. Both of them share the same murderous and hateful background, and both of them deserve the worst things in life. Maybe theres something to Karma, because Muslims live in bullshit countries, with their bullshit lives and bullshit rules. Its fun to watch that murderous bunch kill each other though. Thye just cant help themselves, because murder and hate is in their blood.

The part i love most about these discussions on the USMB, is watching clowns like Sunni try and excuse the bad behavior of muslims. It pleases me to see him in a no-win situation.

It's seems that you didn't read the articles in the above post or read much about Islam or Islamic history.

Again this is not about how the Muslims treated the Jews historical. Because if you are going to compare how treatment of the Jews and other religions by the Christians and the Muslims, there is no comparison. The Christians have historically be 100 fold worse! But nowadays Muslim Countries are 100 fold more intolerant to ALL RELIGIOUS MINORITIES, not just Jews, than any other type of country.

True, North Korea is high on the list but its doomed to fail and be reunited with South Korea (a country that has an industrialized economy, democracy and free society). The rest is dominated by intolerant Muslim countries! TAS you seem like a decent and tolerant person, but face the facts that Islamic countries have market cornered on religious intolerance!

The funny thing is:

What were the most succesfull Moslem states:

1. Ottoman Empire:
Was so big nasty and powerfull, that it took several alliances of nearly all of Christian Europe to keep them at bay. Religiously tolerant? You bet, home to a lot of Jews that fled from Spain.

2. Mamelucks: Fairly tolerant actually, allowed christian pilgrims to reach Jerusalem, didnt pursue the Jews a lot, got pwned by the ottomans later.

3. Marocco: Was so damn succesfull in raiding and pirating other nations that the US Marines used specific gear to have a better fighting chance (the leatherneck thingies were made to protect themselfs from scimitar slashes by berber pirates). Was fairly tolerant, first country to diplomatically recognice the USA.

4. Mughal Empire:
Was quite tolerant to Hindus while it lasted.
Suffered the fate of most "minority rule" nations later.

Currently, the most succesfull Moslem states are turkey and Indonesia, and both of them are on the tolerant side of Islam.

I would like to mention an example from teh past where Islam flourished and Muslims and Jews lived together in a golden age under Islamic rule
Sephardim
Golden age of Jewish culture in Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GHook93
Thank you for your complement.
I agree with you that some "Islamic" nations (now, most of the Islamic countries are secular, not Islamic) are intolerant to any minority. But we should not blame Islam for what they are doing. We have a historical example of how Islam can be tolerant to the degree that the minorities were able to succeed, thrive and flourish

What I hope is for people to know about the beautiful past that we lived in so that they can see that there is room for understanding and living together peacefully. I hope that your people and my people see that glorious past and instead of focusing on the negative, we focus on the positive. Let's try to live peacefully with respect to everyone. We did it before and we can do it again.
Peace

I agree with you that some "Islamic" nations (now, most of the Islamic countries are secular, not Islamic) are intolerant to any minority. But we should not blame Islam for what they are doing.

Islamic nations have unique problems that other nations dont have, and you admit they have them, so why wouldnt you blame islam? You are EXCUSING Islam, but that doesnt mean the rest of the world has to.

Muslims are shitty people, so they always have shitty societies. It seems like a simple concept to me, so i dont understand why you dont get it. I mean lets be honest, if the vast majority of people in your village, town, city, nation, etc. were good and decent people, they wouldnt have these massive problems. You dont think they have shitty countries? Then why are Muslim nations one of the last places on earth that tourists want to go to? No one wants to take a trip to those fucking hell holes. Muslims suck balls and the whole world knows it.

If you are going to point out the exceptions to this rule, dont bother. The few exceptions dont count, thats why you call them "exceptions".

Last edited:
I agree with you that some "Islamic" nations (now, most of the Islamic countries are secular, not Islamic) are intolerant to any minority. But we should not blame Islam for what they are doing.
That is far from the truth!

Islamic nations have unique problems that other nations dont have, and you admit they have them, so why wouldnt you blame islam? You are EXCUSING Islam, but that doesnt mean the rest of the world has to.
I agree with this

All religions are intolerant, even a causal reading of Christian history would demonstrate that fact. When you possess a knowledge without questions, getting along with others can be a bit tough. Consider Christian feeling towards gays, abortion rights, or science. Glass houses appear on all sides in this debate.

All religions are intolerant, even a causal reading of Christian history would demonstrate that fact. When you possess a knowledge without questions, getting along with others can be a bit tough. Consider Christian feeling towards gays, abortion rights, or science. Glass houses appear on all sides in this debate.

Buddhism seems not to be! Its not predatory that is why it will never be the dominate religion in the world, but the world would be a better place if there were more buddhist!

I mostly agree but. "In Sri Lanka the 20th century civil war between the mostly Buddhist Sinhalese majority and the Hindu Tamil minority has cost 50,000 lives."

BBC - Religion & Ethics - Buddhism and war

PLEASE, see below from your own article! Religion is still practiced among men and therefore its going to be open to flaws. Buddhism is an old old religion, but if you compare it to the other religions history of tolerance, peace and actually practicing what they preach, there is no comparison. It is and has been the most peaceful religion the world have ever seen! The best you can show is the Sri Lanka civil war or the uprising against the Mongols? Amazingly thin my friend! :cool:

Buddhism and war
Non-violence is at the heart of Buddhist thinking and behaviour. The first of the five precepts that all Buddhists should follow is "Avoid killing, or harming any living thing."

Buddhism is essentially a peaceful tradition. Nothing in Buddhist scripture gives any support to the use of violence as a way to resolve conflict.

In times of war
Give rise in yourself to the mind of compassion,
Helping living beings
Abandon the will to fight.
One of Buddha's sermons puts this very clearly with a powerful example that stresses the need to love your enemy no matter how cruelly he treats you:

Even if thieves carve you limb from limb with a double-handed saw, if you make your mind hostile you are not following my teaching.
Kamcupamasutta, Majjhima-Nikkaya I ~ 28-29
Figures like the Dalai Lama (who won the Nobel Peace Prize) demonstrate in word and deed Buddhism's commitment to peace.

"Hatred will not cease by hatred, but by love alone.
This is the ancient law."
Many Buddhists have refused to take up arms under any circumstances, even knowing that they would be killed as a result. The Buddhist code that governs the life of monks permits them to defend themselves, but it forbids them to kill, even in self-defence.

For Buddhist countries this poses the difficult dilemma of how to protect the rights and lives of their citizens without breaking the principle of nonviolence.

The pure Buddhist attitude is shown in this story:

A Vietnam veteran was overheard rebuking the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, about his unswerving dedication to non-violence.

"You're a fool," said the veteran - "what if someone had wiped out all the Buddhists in the world and you were the last one left. Would you not try to kill the person who was trying to kill you, and in doing so save Buddhism?!"

Thich Nhat Hanh answered patiently "It would be better to let him kill me. If there is any truth to Buddhism and the Dharma it will not disappear from the face of the earth, but will reappear when seekers of truth are ready to rediscover it.

"In killing I would be betraying and abandoning the very teachings I would be seeking to preserve. So it would be better to let him kill me and remain true to the spirit of the Dharma."

Here is a start:

Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel.
Iran also has the only Jewish population in the middle east outside of Israel.

And about 80% of Iran's Jews have emigrated since 1979. I wonder what happened then?

There are Jews in Egypt, Syria, Turkey, and several other Islamic countries.

Here is a start:

And about 80% of Iran's Jews have emigrated since 1979. I wonder what happened then?

Egypt- 100 Jews
Syria- 100 Jews
Jews in Turkey (which is secular, unlike the arab countries or Iran) 17,415.

These are tiny numbers.

Egypt- 100 Jews
Syria- 100 Jews
Jews in Turkey (which is secular, unlike the arab countries or Iran) 17,415.

These are tiny numbers.
Actually, it's 17,615 too many!!

Actually, it's 17,615 too many!!
I'm not sure what you mean. You don't think Jews should be allowed to live in Muslim countries?
I think all Jews need to have their own island somewhere in the world.

They should be allowed to live peaceably on that island, but never be allowed to leave.

Then the whole world would be a nicer and safer place to live for all people. :eusa_angel:

Here is a start:

When the Jews in a country don't top 1% of 1% of the population. If there are more people on the North Pole, then in the Islamic country, then it doen't count!

Forum List

Back