What are the characteristics of an armed person???

If you believe you have been treated improperly, a street confrontation is not the way to handle it. Take the officer's name and badge number. You can go to the station and fill out a complaint. You can also ask for one to be sent to you. Then the matter will be taken up by internal affairs.

Quite often, Internal affairs is the cops boss, who is likely to be his cousin, just like Barney and Andy.

That's how people get shot. But they can feel superior as they lay leaking in the street.

A man just got publicly executed by men sent from the government with guns and for no other reason than they didn't like the way that he looked. He did nothing to anyone. He was minding his own business. And they executed him on the spot. In America.

Well yes. You should know that. Have you had any training at all? It was the first thing I learned. If you are armed and approached by police officer, you immediately inform the officer that you are carrying a weapon. You are required to inform the officer what kind and where on your person it is concealed. Same thing if you are stopped with a weapon in your car.

All praises to the NRA.

No. The first thing you do is ask the cop if you're free to go. That's the first thing you do. The second thing to as is if you're being detained.

After that, you can say you're armed if you're told you're being detained.

And if the cop asks you why you didn't tell him you werre armed in the first place, you tell him because it was none of his god damn business.

And the NRA does more against the 2nd than they do for it. All the while trashing the 1st, 5th, and 10th amendments.
Now you have raised every hackle the cop has. You have also made it a good shoot.

The NRA fought for the right to do exactly as Natural Citizen said. So you and the cops can piss off.
That's how people get shot. But they can feel superior as they lay leaking in the street.

Yes. I know cops often shoot people who are just exercising their rights, and make some shit up to get off. Too bad they don't understand and respect the rights that the NRA fought so hard for.

A man just got publicly executed by men sent from the government with guns and for no other reason than they didn't like the way that he looked. He did nothing to anyone. He was minding his own business. And they executed him on the spot. In America.
You misquoted me. That was someone else. :)

The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

"He looked like he may have something on him," Guglielmi said. "They go to question him and at that point a confrontation ensues and he is shot."

The man, who was armed, was taken to an area hospital where he died, Guglielmi said.

Officials: Chaotic scene erupts with angry crowd after fatal police shooting in South Shore
-------------------------------------------------------

do they mean armed after they put a gun on him, or armed while walking down the street? Do investigate everyone who is exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

left out of the story....

Was the individual in fact, a criminal.

Was the individual carrying the gun legally.

Was the individual complying with police orders.

That you fail to list these important facts show you aren't interested in the truth, just attacking gun owners and the police.

Well yes. You should know that. Have you had any training at all? It was the first thing I learned. If you are armed and approached by police officer, you immediately inform the officer that you are carrying a weapon. You are required to inform the officer what kind and where on your person it is concealed. Same thing if you are stopped with a weapon in your car.

All praises to the NRA.
Not all states require you to notify a LEO you encounter that you're armed, but I've found that it's generally considered a courtesy to do so. Then there are others who would never reveal their armed status.

These days I suspect our law enforcment officers have instant access to that information. I recently read that the Maryland State Patrol uses licence plate scanners that allows them to tell if the registered owner has a concealed carry permit. The one thing I wasn't clear on though is if they are restricted to Maryland only or if encompasses other states as well.

It's very simple.
If a police officer confronts you, obey his orders and keep your mouth shut and you won't get shot.

So they said. If he was doing nothing wrong they should not of approached him. Was he DUI walking, maybe a shoe's light was not working properly. (you know some shoes have lights on them now)

You don't care wether the individual was actually a criminal with an illegal gun....but you post hundreds of posts at a time going after law abiding gun owners who don't use their legal guns for any crime.......

Your attitude is why there is so much crime in democrat controlled cities.... the police, who get tired of dealing with these situations, simply stop pro active police work, and that thug goes on to shoot one or more people, often times innocent people.

USA Today just did an article on the increase in gun murder in Baltimore after asshats like you went after the police for the death of the thug freddy grey...

Why should they put their lives on the line, the welfare of their families..... when all they are required to do is respond to 911 calls....which means the victims are already dead or robbed or raped, and all they have to do is fill out paperwork, drinking coffee, and waiting for the M.E....

Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killings followed.

“Immediately upon the riot, policing changed in Baltimore, and it changed very dramatically,” says Donald Norris, an emeritus professor at the University of Maryland Baltimore County, who reviewed USA TODAY's analysis. “The outcome of that change in policing has been a lot more crime in Baltimore, especially murders, and people are getting away with those murders.”

Police officials acknowledge the change. "In all candor, officers are not as aggressive as they once were, pre-2015. It’s just that fact," says acting Police Commissioner Gary Tuggle, who took command of Baltimore's police force in May.

Tuggle blames a shortage of patrol officers and the fallout from a blistering 2016 Justice Department investigation that found the city's police regularly violated residents' constitutional rights and prompted new limits on how officers there carry out what had once been routine parts of their job. At the same time, he says, police have focused more of their energy on gun crime and less on smaller infractions.

-------

But some officers drew a different lesson: “Officers no longer put themselves on the firing line,” says Victor Gearhart, a retired lieutenant who supervised the overnight shift in Baltimore’s southern district before he was pushed out of the department for referring to Black Lives Matter activists as “thugs” in an email.

“These guys aren’t stupid. They realize that if they do something wrong, they’re going to get their head bit off. There’s no feeling that anybody’s behind them anymore, and they’re not going to do it,” he says. “Nobody wants to put their head in the pizza oven when the pizza oven is on.”

------

Where once it was common for officers to conduct hundreds of car stops, drug stops and street encounters every day, on May 4, 2015, three days after city prosecutors announced that they had filed charges against six officers over Gray’s death, the number fell to just 79. The average number of incidents police reported themselves dropped from an average of 460 a day in March to 225 a day in June of that year, even though summer weather typically brings higher crime. By the end of last year, it was lower still.

Oddly, there is such a thing as characteristics of an armed person.

U.S. Secret Service Training Guide: Characteristics of the Armed Individual | Public Intelligence

Recognizing armed persons is part of training. It must work because the person was certainly armed.

So they say he was armed, I'd be armed as well in that neighborhood. So anyone armed or suspicious of being armed can be approached by police???

Sure.... it's called probable cause. If he was a law abiding gun owner, he tells the police, they check his record for convictions and warrants..... if he has none....they wish him a good day and he goes on with his business.....

Notice how that doesn't involve him fighting with the police, disobeying lawful commands....and also notice it didn't require licensing the law abiding gun owner or doing a universal background check...

Ah, Chicago. It IS illegal to carry there, I hear.
The dude ran because he didn't want to go to jail; betcha anything he had priors or an outstanding warrant. However, that is NOT a capital offense, I keep telling you. We do not shoot to kill for that reason. You know what I think? Instead of target practice, these cops need to run a couple miles a day. They're too fuckin lazy to chase these guys down when they run. Instead they just plug them in the back.

All this "OOOOHHHH I think I thought I maybe saw him reach for his gun" is the part BLM and the protesters are talking about.

You can get a concealed carry permit..... I have one....

If I had no money and was in that area, I would beg , borrow or even steal a gun, and I'd run from police esp if I were black.

You have no chance of not going to jail for having an illegal gun and blacks fill the jails up.

You don't know Chicago..... they have a revolving door policy for gun felons......they let them out over and over again......

The incident began when patrol officers on foot saw a man exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

"He looked like he may have something on him," Guglielmi said. "They go to question him and at that point a confrontation ensues and he is shot."

The man, who was armed, was taken to an area hospital where he died, Guglielmi said.

Officials: Chaotic scene erupts with angry crowd after fatal police shooting in South Shore

do they mean armed after they put a gun on him, or armed while walking down the street? Do investigate everyone who is exhibiting characteristics of an armed person.

You can tell how they walk or more importantly how they run.
People carrying a fire arm tend to hold it against their body when they run to keep it from falling out of their waist band.
This is more pronounced if the person isnt using a proper holster.

No... you can't say that because we don't know the details of the case..... they likely had body cams too.....

People carrying a fire arm tend to hold it against their body when they run to keep it from falling out of their waist band.

The FBI actually keeps statistics on where criminals carry their guns.... a fun fact, most criminals do not use a belt and holster because it takes to long to ditch all that evidence if they need to get rid of it..... the baby momma's purse is a better option for them...

The FBI actually keeps statistics on where criminals carry their guns.... a fun fact, most criminals do not use a belt and holster because it takes to long to ditch all that evidence if they need to get rid of it..... the baby momma's purse is a better option for them...

I was referring to an inside the waste band type holster.
Which of course gangbangers dont bother with,they just stuff em in their pants.
Which of course makes running rather difficult.

Odd indeed. I just don't get it. The cops shot one of the apes and the rest of them start going crazy. Why didn't they get upset over all the other blacks getting shot by other black scum?

All praises to the NRA.

No. The first thing you do is ask the cop if you're free to go. That's the first thing you do. The second thing to ask is if you're being detained.

After that, you can say you're armed if you're told you're being detained.

And if the cop asks you why you didn't tell him you were armed in the first place, you tell him because it was none of his god damn business.

And the NRA does more against the 2nd than they do for it. All the while trashing the 1st, 5th, and 10th amendments.

You have to give the cops your CCL along with your drivers license when stopped.
Anyone with a CCL will cooperate because they are law abiding citizens.
And for you to say the NRA has done more harm to the 2nd is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back