What are the chances that Comey empanels a Grand Jury?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Based on last Monday's testimony by Comey, where he stated that he was authorized by the DOJ to further the investigation on Trump "associates" ties to (or collusion with) Russians who meddled in our election, the NEXT crucial step would be the empaneling of a Grand Jury to determine if there's enough evidence to proceed.

Perhaps this is why Comey was summoned to the WH last week, since such an event (as empaneling a GJ) would precipitate a halt on any executive branch future policy proposals.

The chances that Sessions would authorize Comey to go forward may be slim, since Sessions is a former Trump campaign adviser; perhaps the "compromise" will be the halting of Grand Jury empanelment.....IF.......Nunes steps down from chair on the House committee....OR......the appointment of a special prosecutor...

What do you think?

I think your head is going to explode when they name Obama's mole in the NSA.

Last edited:
ZERO! The FBI does not have the authority to empanel a grand jury. That can only come from the DOJ with the approval of Attorney General Sessions.

• Banned
Interesting quote from Rep. Mike Quigley of Ill...on the evidence....so far....

As an old trial attorney I'd say there is probable cause to believe there was coordination.

• Banned
The FBI does not have the authority to empanel a grand jury. That can only come from the DOJ with the approval of Attorney General Sessions.

Reading comprehension issues....again???

I wrote above

".......The chances that Sessions would authorize Comey to go forward may be slim, since Sessions is a former Trump campaign adviser....."

Based on last Monday's testimony by Comey, where he stated that he was authorized by the DOJ to further the investigation on Trump "associates" ties to (or collusion with) Russians who meddled in our election, the NEXT crucial step would be the empaneling of a Grand Jury to determine if there's enough evidence to proceed.

Perhaps this is why Comey was summoned to the WH last week, since such an event (as empaneling a GJ) would precipitate a halt on any executive branch future policy proposals.

The chances that Sessions would authorize Comey to go forward may be slim, since Sessions is a former Trump campaign adviser; perhaps the "compromise" will be the halting of Grand Jury empanelment.....IF.......Nunes steps down from chair on the House committee....OR......the appointment of a special prosecutor...

What do you think?
The chances are zero, dumbfuck. It's more likely that Comey will be the one facing a grand jury.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

What do you think?

See post #4 for your answer. You really are rather ignorant.

The FBI does not have the authority to empanel a grand jury. That can only come from the DOJ with the approval of Attorney General Sessions.

I wrote above

".......The chances that Sessions would authorize Comey to go forward may be slim, since Sessions is a former Trump campaign adviser....."

Most people read your title to the thread.

To the best of my knowledge, zero. Doing that is what a prosecutor does, not what a cop does. Comey is the nation's "top cop" and not a prosecutor of any sort. He used to be a prosecutor, but he's not now.

I think your head is going to explode when when they name Obama's mole in the NSA.

Yes, his head will explode...but considering its contents, it will just be a small "poof" of air.

How will he empower a grand jury once he flees the country?

What do you think?
The chances are zero, dumbfuck. It's more likely that Comey will be the one facing a grand jury.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Baghdad bripat is more likely to face a GJ for libel than is Comey for any reason.

What do you think?
I think the American people know the whole Russian hacking thing is a smear campaign by the Democrats and will make them pay a big price in 2018.

What do you think?
I think the American people know the whole Russian hacking thing is a smear campaign by the Democrats and will make them pay a big price in 2018.
:rolleyes-41:

I wrote above

Whatever authorization Comey and the FBI receive from the DOJ, it won't be authorization to empanel a grand jury. Strictly speaking, in fact, grand juries are ordered by courts.

To the best of my knowledge, zero. Doing that is what a prosecutor does, not what a cop does. Comey is the nation's "top cop" and not a prosecutor of any sort. He used to be a prosecutor, but he's not now.

I should have phrased it better......but, here is a short synopsis of how the process works.

The FBI routinely conducts major investigations in collaboration with Justice Department prosecutors — usually from the U.S. attorney’s office in the district where potential crimes occurred. That is because the FBI needs the assistance of a grand jury to proceed and since the FBI is part of the DOJ, I...perhaps poorly phrasing my thread's title, assumed that that the interrelation between FBI and DOJ was understood.

It is always "interesting" when right wingers on here profess to represent and speak for "the American people".......They're usually dumber than a spent book of matches...LOL

Forum List

Back