AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
I'm talking about movies you were shown (i.e., by a parent or sibling) when you were too young to choose what movie to watch. These aren't necessarily the most nostalgic movies for me, but they're some of my earliest memories that had the biggest impact on me at the time.

1. King Kong (1933):

I never saw this movie in theaters, but my dad had this on beta max when I was a kid. I used to watch this movie over and over and over again after my dad first showed it to me.

2. Modern Times (1936):

I have MANY memories of watching Chaplin movies as a kid. My dad owned just about all of them on beta max. Chaplin may have been a pinko commie child molester, but he made some very memorable movies. My favorite of his movies is definitely Modern Times, and it had the biggest impact on me as a kid.

3. E.T. (1982):

According to my parents, this is the first movie they took me to as a kid. While I have many memories watching this on video, I don't remember seeing this in theaters. According to my parents, the movie had such an impact on me that I said "goodbye E.T." as we walked out of the theater or something.

4. Snow White (1937):

This may be a false memory, but I have this memory of seeing this on a school field trip as a kid. Obviously, I wasn't alive when it first came out, so it must've been a theater re-release or something if it did happen.

5. Mysterious Island (1961):

I think we had a VHS copy of this movie. I used to watch it over and over and over again. It remains one of my all time favorite movies from when I was a kid.

Last edited:
6. Jason and the Argonauts (1963):

This movie holds up so well, and it still looks better than anything Hollywood puts out today. We had this on VHS as well.

7. Clash of the Titans (1981):

Another favorite from when I was a kid. I prefer Jason and the Argonauts, but there were many great scenes in this movie. The medusa scene looks better than anything I've ever seen done with CGI.

8. Return to Oz (1985):

This movie legit freaked me out as a kid, but I loved it.

One of my first movies I remember is when my mum took me to see a double feature of 'Great Race' and 'Cat Ballou' -- total running time 4 hours and 17 minutes.

'Cat Ballou' was a little above me at that age. But, I remember 'The Great Race' being one of the all time great movies and I still think so. To this day, Jack Lemmon doesn't look right without a mustache.

great-race.jpg

My earliest memories of movies are Follow That Bird which was my first time seeing a film in the theater. A Christmas Story, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Karate Kid 2, The Great Muppet Caper, Its A Wonderful Life, Ernest Goes To Camp, and Mary Poppins came after.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Watching saturday matinee double features on TV while staying with my grandparents. They used to air in the afternoon after cartoons.

Elvis
John Wayne
Shirley Temple
Jerry Lewis

Mary Poppins!

The Sound of Music

The Great Race

Shirley Temple- "Good Ship Lollipop"

Pippi Longstockings :oops:

When I could watch what I wanted, Godzilla and Ultraman. (after cartoons or late Saturday night)

Last edited:
Mary Poppins!

The Sound of Music

When I could watch what I wanted, Godzilla and Ultraman. (after cartoons or late Friday night)

I definitely watched a lot of Sound of Music and Mary Poppins as a kid. My parents were huge fans of Sound of Music. I watched Godzilla marathons a bit later when I was still a kid.

Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns at the local drive in during summer and the smell of the real popcorn loaded with salt and soaked with butter.
Last drive in my area closed years ago.

Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns at the local drive in during summer and the smell of the real popcorn loaded with salt and soaked with butter.
Last drive in my area closed years ago.

The movies I associate most with the drive in are the Back to the Future movies and The Burbs. I saw all of them at the drive in lol.
In my late teens it was Cheech and Chong movies with a lot of beer and weed involved. Drive ins were awesome party spots.

Watching saturday matinee double features on TV while staying with my grandparents. They used to air in the afternoon after cartoons.

Elvis
John Wayne
Shirley Temple
Jerry Lewis

My Mom & I would do that often. I've seen nearly all the movies associated with the stars you mentioned, as well as Ma & Pa Kettle movies, Our Gang, Lassie, National Velvet, Black Stallion, Flicka series, etc

The earliest in memory??? Had to have been early 60's movie about people inside of a giant bee hive, but can't remember the name or find it at the moment,,,

I'm talking about movies you were shown (i.e., by a parent or sibling) when you were too young to choose what movie to watch. These aren't necessarily the most nostalgic movies for me, but they're some of my earliest memories that had the biggest impact on me at the time.

1. King Kong (1933):

I never saw this movie in theaters, but my dad had this on beta max when I was a kid. I used to watch this movie over and over and over again after my dad first showed it to me.

2. Modern Times (1936):

I have MANY memories of watching Chaplin movies as a kid. My dad owned just about all of them on beta max. Chaplin may have been a pinko commie child molester, but he made some very memorable movies. My favorite of his movies is definitely Modern Times, and it had the biggest impact on me as a kid.

3. E.T. (1982):

According to my parents, this is the first movie they took me to as a kid. While I have many memories watching this on video, I don't remember seeing this in theaters. According to my parents, the movie had such an impact on me that I said "goodbye E.T." as we walked out of the theater or something.

4. Snow White (1937):

This may be a false memory, but I have this memory of seeing this on a school field trip as a kid. Obviously, I wasn't alive when it first came out, so it must've been a theater re-release or something if it did happen.

5. Mysterious Island (1961):

I think we had a VHS copy of this movie. I used to watch it over and over and over again. It remains one of my all time favorite movies from when I was a kid.

This is the first movie I can remember seeing in the theater. I can't remember too much about the plot other than the main character Tom Horn wants to get some money back.
MV5BZmZmMzYxMjEtOTAwOC00NDliLThhNmUtNTlkYjBhNzIxZTQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA2NDc4OA@@._V1_.jpg

My parents used to go to drive ins, I remember the movie "The 7th dawn" . with William Holden. There was a playground in front of the screen,being in my PJ's and falling asleep after romping around. Anyone in Denver remember the old Monaco drive in?

New Topics

Forum List

Back