What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Either way, what are you most proud of ?

Most everyone is going to answer something about family, don't you think? There are a lot of petty and vain answers but yours touched on what's really important.

Your right about the family thing. For me (aside from my kids) im pretty proud that my word is so good in a city this big. And my name is mentioned among ones that CAN. Does allot for my ego.

THAT is what I wanted to read. We all know about the family thing. I wanted to know more about YOU (general you) and what you are proud of that you accomplished. And vandals comment about school. Stuff like that.

I am proud I joined the Marine Corps and attained the rank of GySgt. My navy shrink said I never should have been able to finish Boot Camp. Yet I spent almost 16 years as a Marine and made GySgt.

Most everyone is going to answer something about family, don't you think? There are a lot of petty and vain answers but yours touched on what's really important.

Your right about the family thing. For me (aside from my kids) im pretty proud that my word is so good in a city this big. And my name is mentioned among ones that CAN. Does allot for my ego.

THAT is what I wanted to read. We all know about the family thing. I wanted to know more about YOU (general you) and what you are proud of that you accomplished. And vandals comment about school. Stuff like that.

He's a General?! I didn't know that. Now that is something to be proud of!

Take it easy folks, just kidding...

I am proud I joined the Marine Corps and attained the rank of GySgt. My navy shrink said I never should have been able to finish Boot Camp. Yet I spent almost 16 years as a Marine and made GySgt.

I'm proud and grateful that you did so. Thank you.

I'd tell you what I'm most proud of, but I'd have to kill you......

th

and that's all I can tell you about that underway

So anyway, aside from family (to which any other considerations must come a very, very distant second), I'd say I'm pleased to have done a little something to contribute to the future success of several thousand students and others from literally every corner of the globe. It's a rewarding thought. I have a few others that are more of the vain and less significant variety.

1. Being a mom of two fantastic kids...a beautiful adult daughter making her way in the world who calls me every day and makes time to fit me into her busy life, and a teenage son who greets me every day when I walk in the door with a hug and "How was your day?". He has a good head on his shoulders and continues to make smart choices.
2. My years spent teaching first graders and helping to lay that critical foundation for how they would perceive school...my proudest moments were watching the light bulbs go on when teaching them how to read, and hoping to have assisted in developing a life-long love of books. It's very special that so many have kept in touch over the years...I've had invitations to graduations and weddings.
3. Successfully changing career paths in order to solely support my son after my ex decided that after being together from ages 15-40, he had missed out on his youth, and didn't want to just not be a husband anymore, but also a father. I've worked hard to balance everything in order to provide my son not only my love and attention, but I didn't want him to miss out on anything, whether it was participating in band with the hundreds of dollars in fees, going on vacations, saving for his college, etc...I just wanted him to continue to have as normal a childhood as possible and not see his mom struggling to take care of him. I'm so lucky.

^^^^Look Sherry.....all of that stuff is really good....but how about the time you made me cry. Kinda balances the scales....doesn't it?

babycrying.jpeg

I was instrumental, as Chair of our city's Historic Preservation Commission, in saving a 1917 Post Office building from certain ruin. 18 months I spent on that shit.

Another 18 months of my life I spent in trying to attract a bio-diesel facility to our community.

I and my business partner brought the Solar Powered Hat to the 1982 World's Fair. As seen live on the Today Show.

4 kids, one grandson.

Nuff sed.

Last edited:
Getting my certificate of potty training and getting my driver's license. I can't forget it because I got them both the same day.

I was in USA Today twice as an arthritis expert.

I am also proud that my two husbands (consecutive, not concurrent) both love me and are good friends with each other. Makes family occasions smooth as silk. It is a rare and desirable state of being.

Regards from Rosie

possum most proud o' eatin' two stacks o' Granny's pancakes fer breakfast once...

... she said, "My, my, my - lil' fella musta been hungry."
:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and many of you have a superior eduction. What I am proud of is how I got my degrees.

I dropped out of school at the beginning of the tenth grade. I found whatever jobs I could to help support my family (mom, dad, older brother and younger sister). I enlisted in the Marine Corps two days past my seventeenth birthday and got my GED while serving. After my tour, I went to work at a variety of jobs. When I was financially able I went to college earning an MBA at the age of forty-two and a JD at forty-five. Here is the rest of the story:

While going to law school during the day, I also worked full time at night. I lived in one city, worked in a second city and went to law school in a third I so I spent a lot of time on the road. I finished the three-year program in two and one-half years by going to summer sessions and taking a heavy class load. Two things helped a lot. First I was a speed reader and second my off days at work were Tuesday and Wednesday so that there were never more than three days a week that I had both school and work. With holidays and annual leave from work, many times I had only one or two days each week of both work and school.

Most people don't believe me when I tell them and I know it may be hard for some of you to swallow, yet in a way what i did wasn't that different from what many of you have done. As I said, I am not the brightest guy around. Anyone on this forum could have done the same thing if they had really wanted to. I just wanted it bad enough to do whatever it took. We are each given twenty four hours a day. How we spend it is up to us.

Hmmm.... most proud.

At work.. when I was 27, I built a small software company from the ground up, at one point I had the top floor of the boca bank building, then sold it; I have hundreds of patents; I've been leader of dozens of very large and successful software projects from operating systems to insurance & finance software.

At play with my kids... I coached dozens of youth teams in football, baseball, basketball, and soccer. The championship & tournament wins... the kids excelling after tons of hard work, HUGELY PROUD OF THAT STUFF.

At home teaching the kids, I raised every single one of my kids to be top students while also having fun with whatever recreation they enjoy and working part time to fund their recreation. My youngest graduates this year and has won a full ride scholarship, he's gonna be a physician. My oldest is an RN. My middle kid is studying to be an Engineer.

I was the architect & general contractor of my ranch house; I put about half the nails in it myself, I do all the clearing & maintenance of the land myself.

When I was 20 I could do 25pullups, 80military pushups, bench my weight 3sets of 10, curl 120 3sets of ten and run a 5min mile. I was pretty proud of that.

Last edited:
Oh, and I also earned my master's degree while working two jobs, neither of which brought in tons of money.

Forum List

Back