What about TORTURE at the hands of Americans?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Let me preface this by telling you that I am a veteran. A life member of the VFW (I qualify 5 different ways) and the DAV. I support our troops and I support our veterans in practically everything I do. Note that I didn't say "they do", either as troops or veterans. After all, I'm an American first, a veteran as a result of being American.

Tell me what you think about torture being commited by Americans in the name of ANYTHING American?

Is torture by the other side justification? Before you answer that, give me your opinion on this phrase, "Circular Firing Squad."

I was raised up in very modest, even meager means. I was raised up believing in the "American Way" as depicted from my parents, in my schools and presently I base my opinions in those and from my own experience. I don't believe for a moment that true Americans can tolerate torture of anyone. Period.

Anyway, what do you think?

Psychoblues

Dems Gotta Keep On Truckin'

Psychoblues said:
Let me preface this by telling you that I am a veteran. A life member of the VFW (I qualify 5 different ways) and the DAV. I support our troops and I support our veterans in practically everything I do. Note that I didn't say "they do", either as troops or veterans. After all, I'm an American first, a veteran as a result of being American.

Tell me what you think about torture being commited by Americans in the name of ANYTHING American?

Is torture by the other side justification? Before you answer that, give me your opinion on this phrase, "Circular Firing Squad."

I was raised up in very modest, even meager means. I was raised up believing in the "American Way" as depicted from my parents, in my schools and presently I base my opinions in those and from my own experience. I don't believe for a moment that true Americans can tolerate torture of anyone. Period.

Psychoblues

Psycho, I have to go with SE on this. You are PRESUMING torture, I'm not.

Isn't most torture "presumed?"
How many people have actually witnessed torture on either side? Or do they just go on eyewitness accounts or survivor accounts?

Gabriella84 said:
Isn't most torture "presumed?"
How many people have actually witnessed torture on either side? Or do they just go on eyewitness accounts or survivor accounts?

Gabby you are torturing me, really! One more screed for an al Jazeera source and I'll pee in my pants, causing me irreparable psychic harm and I will sue you for a gazzilion dollars!

I honestly ask the question, Sir Evil and Kathianne. I assume that you both believe that torture has not and is not committed by the "American" troops. In that case I don't know who to fault most, yourselves or the lack of media coverage. In either case I don't believe your answers were completely honest. Are you in favor of American (either inspired or committed) torture? By your comments so far I would assume that you are. Please correct my assumption if it is indeed incorrect.

Psychoblues

Gabby you are torturing me, really! One more screed for an al Jazeera source and I'll pee in my pants, causing me irreparable psychic harm and I will sue you for a gazzilion dollars!

If the response doesn't fit, you must acquit! :stupid:

Psychoblues said:
I honestly ask the question, Sir Evil and Kathianne. I assume that you both believe that torture has not and is not committed by the "American" troops. In that case I don't know who to fault most, yourselves or the lack of media coverage. In either case I don't believe your answers were completely honest. Are you in favor of American (either inspired or committed) torture? By your comments so far I would assume that you are. Please correct my assumption if it is indeed incorrect.

Psychoblues

Psycho, there has been no CREDIBLE torture at gitmo. Where there have been 'instances of non-compliance' the offenders have been removed. What the F do you want?

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

my son is an american------if he was missing and you knew where he was, I would gladly tolerate anyone torturing you.

Dang, what a firestorm here. I didn't mean to create that.

Once again, I am a VETERAN OF FOREIGN WARS. I have seen torture. I did not and I do not condone TORTURE under any circumstances. Americans are bigger than that. In all my wars, travels and involvement in foreign lands I've kept the American Constitution in mind. And the Geneva Convention agreements as well. Why? Because they are as correct as any documents I've ever been fortunate enough to have read and understood. Do you understand?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:

Once again, I am a VETERAN OF FOREIGN WARS. I have seen torture. I did not and I do not condone TORTURE under any circumstances. Americans are bigger than that. In all my wars, travels and involvement in foreign lands I've kept the American Constitution in mind. And the Geneva Convention agreements as well. Why? Because they are as correct as any documents I've ever been fortunate enough to have read and understood. Do you understand?

Psychoblues

No I do not understand. What the hell was your point?

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

sure---you don't like torture-----it's pretty easy to figure out

Sir Evil said:
One who is member at VFW come home drunk and make silly posts! :D
So, Psycho is now indicting the troops, based on what? :rolleyes:

I did Viet Nam, 3 times. Grenada conflict, Panama conflict, and Persian Gulf I. I also have 2 years 1 month and 10 days active duty in South Korea which to this day qualifies for VFW membership. You may question, as dishonest as your question may be, my contributions in war to this great country but somehow I suspect you are questioning my patriotism. I would submit that you are the one without patriotism and further without complete understanding of the reasons that I went to war for you.

Psychoblues

Sir Evil said:
For a so called veteran you should know damn well that torture methods have almost always been used in wartime. Nobody is saying that it has'nt happened, nobody is really condoning it! You just want to bring it up as if it is a fucking catastrophy of some sort, and therefore it's just something else that you can hang on the Bush administration. Guess what? the story is old, abused, misused and just plain boring the hell out of me at this point!

Why don't you just come out and admit you enjoy the prospect of someone you dislike being tortured? That you wish you were someplace right now where you could personally torture some of those raghead murdering terrorists.
No one here would think lesser of you for it. :death: :whip3:

Gabriella84 said:
Why don't you just come out and admit you enjoy the prospect of someone you dislike being tortured? That you wish you were someplace right now where you could personally torture some of those raghead murdering terrorists.
No one here would think lesser of you for it. :death: :whip3:
Gabby, unwarranted and flamming, once again.

Psychoblues said:
I did Viet Nam, 3 times. Grenada conflict, Panama conflict, and Persian Gulf I. I also have 2 years 1 month and 10 days active duty in South Korea which to this day qualifies for VFW membership. You may question, as dishonest as your question may be, my contributions in war to this great country but somehow I suspect you are questioning my patriotism. I would submit that you are the one without patriotism and further without complete understanding of the reasons that I went to war for you.

Psychoblues

Thanks dude---were you tortured?

I would'nt mind torturing you either

Your posts generally serve that purpose.

"go lick a nutsack"

That would leave you out of it... :trolls:

OK, Flaming ceasefire has now been declared.
Resume normally demented tone of conversation. :p:

Interesting. I don't know Psycho or Gabby. I do know Evil and Kathi. Judging from the apparently unwarranted attacks by E&K, I would have to assume that P&G did something on other threads that carried over. Since I respect E&K immensely that says bad juju about P&G.

But I am a uniter, not a divider, so I will answer P's question. If you flame me, I will stalk you and curse you in about six languages. I will make fun of you until you shrivel like junior in ice water. So be nice and keep it civil OK? That goes for Gabby as well.

Torture, actual physical torment, is wrong. Pointing it out in our enemies is a call for revenge but not justification to repeat it. Simply soak em with drugs and play mind games.

You are confusing (I believe) news reports purporting to be "abuse". Abuse and torture are as far apart as Somalia and Antarctica. Also, since they are living in conditions that rival the various "club feds", people are getting a bit ticked. It doesn't help that we fund their religion when the ACLU is attacking Christianity on the home front. I think you are picking up on a groundswell of righteous indignation because in most cases they are safer, better fed, and better cared for than the soldiers that defeated them in battle.

Forum List

Back