What about our elderly citizens?

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
I work for an agency that provides non-medical in-home services to elderly ppl who no longer can take care of themselves in their homes. Most of them are low-income. Our goal is to keep them out of nursing homes, so we bathe them, do light housekeeping, shopping, laundry and run errands. We also relieve their caregivers by staying with the elderly client so the caregiver can do things they need to do. My problem is that our state government cannot appropriately fund the contracted agency we work for so that we can provide the service, which results in a very long list of elderly ppl waiting to be served. For example, I received paperwork on a client whose service was opened but when I called the daughter she told me the client had been placed in a nursing home several months earlier. It is truly sad. These are ppl who were once teachers, laboreres, farmers, etc. What is even sadder is that a lot of these ppl have children who only see them when they receive their social security check. You know the reason why. What can I do to help these ppl. I've written Mitch McConnel who is our state's Senator but it doesn't look like he's paying my e-mail any attention!

Because he doesnt care about these people.

In home care is cheaper but the people who own the HOMES for the elderly make big bucks.

Which is the way your hero Norquist wants it.

Government shrunk to the size that they can kill it

It makes me wonder how much income and wealth were taxed away from these people so that they don't have the means to pay for their own care.

What you idiots fail to recognize is it is CHEAPER to treat these people at home.

What you idiots fail to recognize is it is CHEAPER to treat these people at home.

I have a hard time walking, my feet and legs hurt all the time. I do not take good care of my diabetes because of my depression. I do not eat right cause I do not care.

And yet I drive myself to weekly appointments. I shop for myself , I make said appointments and take care as best I can of myself. WHY is it the Governments job to care for me? They provide through retirement my medical coverage and my medicine coverage. Yet you want them to provide me a care giver, a nurse and more. WHO exactly pays for that? And why is the Federal Governments job?

You want help? TALK to the State level Representative from your district. Find out who your local Senator is. Call them, Call the Governor. Start a petition, join a STATE or LOCAL gr5oup. This is a State Issue.

Good for you.

This is not about you

It is a STATE issue, take it up with your STATE Reps. You know you have 2, right? You know you have a Governor right?

As for medical coverage you are aware the Democrats and Obama CUT Medicare and medicaid in order to claim their universal health care coverage was paid for right?

Further Medicaid is run at the State level. Take it up with the appropriate people.

Making a guess you have no clue who your State reps even are.

It is only a state issue in your mind

Look, you dumb ass, you want help? Talk to your State, THEY not the Federal Government run the programs. Even under the new insurance scam by Obama and Democrats that has not changed.

Are you incapable of independent thought or taking advice?

Here let me break it down for you. YOU have more power at the State level. Less congressional members and ALL from your local State. You have a direct link to one Representative and one Senator as well as a DIRECT link to the Governor of the State.

Do a little research on the matter if you just can't bring yourself to believe a Republican. TALK TO YOUR STATE REPS. They control the funds, the budget and the programs you want. And YOU have more direct power over them then an Federal Senator that is just one vote ( 2 if you get both aboard) in a 100 seat Senate with 50 DIFFERENT ideas on what is needed.

Dear idiot, The feds have and can do something about this care.

Because you dont like them doing this does not mean they cant

Forum List

Back