What a thoughtful 15 year old daughter I have~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
She just got back from a babysitting job. She made 40 bucks so far.

She asked me what I wanted for my birthday, said she wanted to spend it all on me for my birthday.

I told her to save her money and make me another painting and a homemade card like she always does.

She said, "No mom, I want to buy you something nice with my money."

I said no.

We compromised, I told her she could spend $20 on me, but I still wanted that painting!

She's a cool kid.

That's wonderful! I think that kids like to be able to buy 'store bought' presents when they first start to make some decent money. It's sort of hard to remember how hard it was to save up $20 from an allowance of $1 or even $5 dollars a week. So much to buy, so hard to save. :lol:

But with a first check or substantial cash job, they can and want to. Kudos for raising such a girl!

That's wonderful! I think that kids like to be able to buy 'store bought' presents when they first start to make some decent money. It's sort of hard to remember how hard it was to save up $20 from an allowance of $1 or even $5 dollars a week. So much to buy, so hard to save. :lol:

But with a first check or substantial cash job, they can and want to. Kudos for raising such a girl!

Thank you Annie and Maddie.

She makes me so proud, I am blessed to have such a great gal!

check under her bed for a pod :eek:

ttile%20invasion%20of%20the%20body%20snatchers%20UNDEFINED-1%281%29.jpg

15 yer is a hell of age, that great though echo, its sweet and thoughtful, its says much that kids at that age, the age of self involvement some say that she wanted to do that for you. Good for you and her..:)

My daughter who is 23 now, wowed me last year when she told me "I was right," and apologized for the times she was a horror and self absorbed while a teen....she wasn't that bad but it touched me she made that mental leap and verbalized it, she goes out her way top do things for me now, when she was 16 I had to yell to get her down out of her room for Sunday dinner.

15 yer is a hell of age, that great though echo, its sweet and thoughtful, its says much that kids at that age, the age of self involvement some say that she wanted to do that for you. Good for you and her..:)

My daughter who is 23 now, wowed me last year when she told me "I was right," and apologized for the times she was a horror and self absorbed while a teen....she wasn't that bad but it touched me she made that mental leap and verbalized it, she goes out her way top do things for me now, when she was 16 I had to yell to get her down out of her room for Sunday dinner.

Thanks, and yeah, people keep telling me, "Just wait"-well, wait for what?

We shall see I guess. The thing is, I was a teen girl too once,,,,so I have that over her! :D

Experience Trumps All!

We shall see I guess. The thing is, I was a teen girl too once,,,,so I have that over her! :D

Experience Trumps All!

Great kids are awesome. My son is 18 and as sweet now as when he was 5. Right now he's up making grilled cheese sandwiches before he goes to work because his sister likes his grilled cheese better than mom or dad's. now tell me, how many 18 y/o boys would get up an hourly early from sleep to make lunch for their almost 3 year old sister when mom and dad are both here, but sis likes brother's sandwiches better?

Experience Trumps All!

Great kids are awesome. My son is 18 and as sweet now as when he was 5. Right now he's up making grilled cheese sandwiches before he goes to work because his sister likes his grilled cheese better than mom or dad's. now tell me, how many 18 y/o boys would get up an hourly early from sleep to make lunch for their almost 3 year old sister when mom and dad are both here, but sis likes brother's sandwiches better?

Men making sammiches for women?

What the hell is this world coming to!

Experience Trumps All!

Men making sammiches for women?

What the hell is this world coming to!

I do MOST of the cooking at my house. Probably 80% of the dinners. I happen to enjoy cooking and am pretty good at it. My wife can cook a little, but doesn't enjoy it. She loves to mow the lawn though, on the riding mower, so go figure.

She just got back from a babysitting job. She made 40 bucks so far.

She asked me what I wanted for my birthday, said she wanted to spend it all on me for my birthday.

I told her to save her money and make me another painting and a homemade card like she always does.

She said, "No mom, I want to buy you something nice with my money."

I said no.

We compromised, I told her she could spend $20 on me, but I still wanted that painting!

She's a cool kid.

Very cool!

Forum List

Back