what a scumbag

Not sure I agree with the 9th on this one. No compelling reason to ban lying about having the Medal of Honor? How about it debases the Medal and serves to dishonor those who earned it legitimately?

Although, laws which, basically, make it illegal to lie, seem a little 1984-ish in general.

It's not about the lie, it's about the subject. People should not be able to dishonor those who actually won it by lying about it.

These kind of people disgust me.

Agreed, but there's one thing ten times more despicable than claiming to be a decorated veteran and that's parading as a decorated vet. Seems we have our share of posers too.

This fucker was spotted on a Remembrance Day parade a couple of years ago. Not even a Rambo would have been able to have accumulated that weight in gongs and if you're going to wear them, you'd better make fucking sure they're mounted in the correct order. Oh, and all topped off with a SAS beret. It wasn't difficult to see the guy was a fake and he was reported to the police and arrested. Turned out he'd never even served.

Here in the UK it is a criminal act to wear any military decoration, badge, wound stripe or emblem without authority.

waltmedals.jpg

It is here too.

this guy merely claimed the honor.

Hes an utter scum for doing so.

But this case is far more important this just this scumball

I have many awards and metals. I earned all of them in my 22 years of service. There are probably a few I deserved I didn't get, and never will, but such is life. That doesn't mean I'll ever wear any ribbon, medal, or badge that was not properly presented to me.

I have them all on my "I love me" wall.

Anyone who lies about what they earned is scum and should be prosecuted......

I have many awards and metals. I earned all of them in my 22 years of service. There are probably a few I deserved I didn't get, and never will, but such is life. That doesn't mean I'll ever wear any ribbon, medal, or badge that was not properly presented to me.

I agree. It's disgusting that some asshole would wear something he didn't earn.I can spot a "poser" a mile away - as you can.

Not sure I agree with the 9th on this one. No compelling reason to ban lying about having the Medal of Honor? How about it debases the Medal and serves to dishonor those who earned it legitimately?

Although, laws which, basically, make it illegal to lie, seem a little 1984-ish in general.

Bit of a dilemma.

If the government could simply argue lying dishonors others, and that gives them a right to interfere, then they could eventually argue that all lies are illegal. On the other hand, lying about the Medal of Honor is pretty low.

Unless the guy is making money off of the lie I don't see it as a criminal act.

I can't say I earned all of mine. I "earned" a unit commendation once because my ship picked up some refugees while I was in my rack with the flu.

I can't say I earned all of mine. I "earned" a unit commendation once because my ship picked up some refugees while I was in my rack with the flu.

Yeah, I think one of my Army Achievement medals was a gimme because the COL wanted to present so many during an exercise and I was the new Sergeant at Brigade Operations.

Forum List

Back