Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Robin Williams Funeral

What a bunch of bastards. It's a shame Fred Phelps, conveniently, didn't get a funeral. I hope the response to the WBC's embarrassing vitriol is epic. At least as epic as when they got their tires slashed and every auto shop in the vicinity refused to fix them up (After tires slashed, Oklahoma townsfolk refuse to help ?God Hates Fags? protesters). These people are sick. :mad:

The Westboro Baptist Church is seeking to picket Robin Williams’ funeral after saying the actor is “going to hell” and was “hated by God”.
The homophobic hate group created placards with slogans and photos of the late actor as news of his death spread on Tuesday, using the hashtags #NoObedienceNoPeace and #MustPicketFuneral.

“God hates divorce”, one read, and another said “Robin in hell” with a picture of his head in flames.

In a stream of hate-filled tweets, the WestboroBaptist Church said Williams “mocked God” with his comedy and “according to all evidence” he was hated by God and in hell.

One tweet said: “He was a hot mess! Given great talent then #cursed 'coz he didn't give glory to God!”

if there really is a God and he really is as full of hate as this cult seems to think He is?
How could we tell the difference between Him and Satan?

Was just thinking the same thing.

There wouldn't be any radical RW slimebags in heaven.

They say they're against westboro scum but you won't find RWs standing up for gays women, children.

No, they're a bunch of lawyers looking for a payout. They hope something happens so they can sue cities, police departments, property owners, local businesses, and anyone else with deep pockets. Their anti-gay stance is just for show.

Bingo. They're trial lawyers, one of the most generous political lobbies who favor the Democrats.

This is their schtick. Like the saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity.

Yet they hate gays and they favor Dems? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Good one!

They don't hate gays. They love money. They're just using hatred of gays as away to get that money. If it wasn't gays, it would be abortion or guns or GMO crops or some other hot button issue.

If they do not want people busting in on their gatherings, they shouldn't go busting in on the gatherings of other people.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. By the way, has such a thing happened yet? People showing up at a Westboro gathering to give back what it is that them people love to throw?

Try homophobic hate group Republicans, so it IS your problem.

I'm not a Democrat, so no Westboro is not my problem:

Phelps ran in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[73] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[74] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[75][76] and 1997.[77]

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election. . . . . .

Phelps earned a law degree from Washburn University in 1964, and founded the Phelps Chartered law firm.[16] The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims.[7] Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were ****** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.[17]

Phelps took cases on behalf of African-American clients alleging racial discrimination by school systems, and a predominantly black American Legion post which had been raided by police, alleging racially based police abuse.[18] Phelps' law firm obtained settlements for some clients.[19] Phelps also sued President Ronald Reagan over Reagan's appointment of a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican, alleging this violated separation of church and state. The case was dismissed by the U.S. district court.[19][20] Phelps' law firm, staffed by himself and family members also represented non-white Kansans in discrimination actions against Kansas City Power and Light, Southwestern Bell, and the Topeka City Attorney, and represented two female professors alleging discrimination in Kansas universities.[17]

In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients

1960's

1970's

Today Phelps and his beliefs are most closely associated with the far-right.

Keep in mind "Christian" homophobes -- (hate the sin, love the sinner) you all are just a watered down version of Freddie boy.

So you waved your magic wand and made them republicans? In reality they have demonized both left and right.

Oh God, not these vermin again. Will someone please burn down their church? Please, with sugar on top.

What?

Are you saying you disagree with them now?

Most of your posts are exactly what they preach.

Earth to dumb shit, no, I don't believe God hates fags, vets, Robin Williams or anyone. What I KNOW is that these fools do this for profit and they make it OOOOOH so easy.

I don't like fags at all, but I'm not going to show up at a gay funeral and hurl hate at them for a profit! These aren't Christians. They're a psychotic cult that abuses the 1st amendment and then some. They hate everything!

What a bunch of bastards. It's a shame Fred Phelps, conveniently, didn't get a funeral. I hope the response to the WBC's embarrassing vitriol is epic. At least as epic as when they got their tires slashed and every auto shop in the vicinity refused to fix them up (After tires slashed, Oklahoma townsfolk refuse to help ?God Hates Fags? protesters). These people are sick. :mad:

if there really is a God and he really is as full of hate as this cult seems to think He is?
How could we tell the difference between Him and Satan?

Was just thinking the same thing.

There wouldn't be any radical RW slimebags in heaven.

They say they're against westboro scum but you won't find RWs standing up for gays women, children.

Cheney did a 180 pretty quick on the subject actually.

The Westboro Baptist Church is seeking to picket Robin Williams’ funeral after saying the actor is “going to hell” and was “hated by God”.
The homophobic hate group created placards with slogans and photos of the late actor as news of his death spread on Tuesday, using the hashtags #NoObedienceNoPeace and #MustPicketFuneral.

“God hates divorce”, one read, and another said “Robin in hell” with a picture of his head in flames.

In a stream of hate-filled tweets, the WestboroBaptist Church said Williams “mocked God” with his comedy and “according to all evidence” he was hated by God and in hell.

One tweet said: “He was a hot mess! Given great talent then #cursed 'coz he didn't give glory to God!”

Know why Westboro endures like they do? Because Americans are pussies. If they said one bad thing about Mohammed they'd all be killed.

They will protest, people will bitch about it, and they will again become a topic only discussed on message boards until the next celebrity funeral they protest.

WBC is the price we pay for the first amendment.

What is interesting to me, is that so many like you, keep giving these quacks, more and more attention.

They keep doing this garbage, because you keep pointing them out. They are feeding on the attention you give them.

Oh well. Continue.

Androw self diagnoses himself, "What is interesting to me, is that so many like you, keep giving these quacks, more and more attention. They keep doing this garbage, because you keep pointing them out. They are feeding on the attention you give them. Oh well. Continue."

Westboro isn't a bunch of discussion board trolls, they're a cult comprised of lawyers (not a joke.) They're not as easy to 'put on ignore' as some nutjob in his in-home church comprised only of his own inbred kids. They're a serious threat and should at least be respected for being threatening.

Westboro isn't a bunch of discussion board trolls, they're a cult comprised of lawyers (not a joke.) They're not as easy to 'put on ignore' as some nutjob in his in-home church comprised only of his own inbred kids. They're a serious threat and should at least be respected for being threatening.

The only threat they pose is some otherwise law abiding citizen(s) losing it and either beating the crap out of them, or plugging a few of them.

Otherwise they are a nuisance, nothing more, and should be treated as such.

People die every day but these nut cases have to pick a high profile celebrity to get their 15 minutes of fame. The judges ruled that they had the right to demonstrate at the funerals of Military heroes who were killed in battle so I guess it goes for celebrities also. Ignore them or laugh a their antics.

I do not support the usage of guns, but for these scum, if anyone wanted to blow these morons away, go for it. I'd give you a pat on the back.

These people need hugs. Hugs from straights and hugs from gays.

Perhaps Libberhoids can show up at the funeral and give the WBC folks a lesson in civility, respect and peace. Or, perhaps they can just fucking join them, since their warped beliefs are similar.

Try homophobic hate group Republicans, so it IS your problem.

I'm not a Democrat, so no Westboro is not my problem:

Phelps ran in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[73] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[74] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[75][76] and 1997.[77]

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election. . . . . .

Phelps earned a law degree from Washburn University in 1964, and founded the Phelps Chartered law firm.[16] The first notable cases were related to civil rights. "I systematically brought down the Jim Crow laws of this town," he claims.[7] Phelps' daughter was quoted as saying, "We took on the Jim Crow establishment, and Kansas did not take that sitting down. They used to shoot our car windows out, screaming we were ****** lovers," and that the Phelps law firm made up one-third of the state's federal docket of civil rights cases.[17]

Phelps took cases on behalf of African-American clients alleging racial discrimination by school systems, and a predominantly black American Legion post which had been raided by police, alleging racially based police abuse.[18] Phelps' law firm obtained settlements for some clients.[19] Phelps also sued President Ronald Reagan over Reagan's appointment of a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican, alleging this violated separation of church and state. The case was dismissed by the U.S. district court.[19][20] Phelps' law firm, staffed by himself and family members also represented non-white Kansans in discrimination actions against Kansas City Power and Light, Southwestern Bell, and the Topeka City Attorney, and represented two female professors alleging discrimination in Kansas universities.[17]

In the 1980s, Phelps received awards from the Greater Kansas City Chapter of Blacks in Government and the Bonner Springs branch of the NAACP, for his work on behalf of black clients

1960's

1970's

Today Phelps and his beliefs are most closely associated with the far-right.

Keep in mind "Christian" homophobes -- (hate the sin, love the sinner) you all are just a watered down version of Freddie boy.

Because Lawyers are one of the top occupations of the 1%. When you start submitting yourself to the golden calf you compromise your morals. But when you notice the things you take with you in your casket, you tend to become a little more human.

God says; "Do not judge or be judged". But we all know Westboro, driven by a family of 1% Lawyers HOPING for a lawsuit, is all about judgement.

Forum List

Back