West Virginia Might Become 26th Right to Work State

If Unions are such a great idea, they should be able to convince people to pay into them without a mandated closed shop.

If Unions are such a great idea, they should be able to convince people to pay into them without a mandated closed shop.

I'm very anti Trade Union, what you call Labour Unions. I believe that people should be given option to join Union or not, most times Unions run by thugs, where if someone doesn't want to join Union, they face bullying tactics and shaming.

This is just not right.

I'm very anti Trade Union, what you call Labour Unions. I believe that people should be given option to join Union or not, most times Unions run by thugs, where if someone doesn't want to join Union, they face bullying tactics and shaming.

This is just not right.

I have nothing against private unions, my issue is with public unions. In some cases, like the construction industry they make sense, in fact they provide cost certainty by taking over the responsibilities of pension and health care costs for fixed payments by the construction companies. The issue is when they are protected from competition. That's when they come lazy and hotbeds of graft and corruption.

And unions bussed thousands of protesters to the state capitol. Hopefully the GOP legislators will ignore them and approve the Workplace Freedom Act. Story with lots of links @ Ready for a 26th right-to-work state?

Is West Virginia mainly Republican or Democrat? Please.

West Virginia was, for a very long time, solidly Democrat with large unions having great powers in politics.

Obma's War on Coal has decimated jobs and left tens of thousands without jobs. People are turning away from unions and seeking change in joining the GOP.

Senate

House of Representatives

And here is their political patriarch

Robert Byrd
Former United States Senator
Robert Carlyle Byrd was a United States Senator from West Virginia. A member of the Democratic Party, Byrd served as a U.S. Representative from 1953 until 1959 and as a U.S. Senator from 1959 to 2010.

He was also a ranking member of the Klu Klux Klan

Forum List

Back