West Point Cadets Taught Patriots Are Terrorists

I spent some time in the military police and some of our training included crowd control. We used rifles and bayonets in the training. Would we have fired if ordered, no question of it. I wonder if there has ever been a time when troops did not obey the order to fire?
Did your scenarios label the crowds as American citizens?

Well since this was in California I imagine Californians would have been the enemy? There is no doubt in my mind that to a man we would have fired. It was not our job to check citizenship, intentions, or other, it was to obey orders. As I said, does anyone know of a time when the military faced American citizens and told to fire did not fire? Think of all the labor strikes put down when labor was trying to get recognized.

I spent some time in the military police and some of our training included crowd control. We used rifles and bayonets in the training. Would we have fired if ordered, no question of it. I wonder if there has ever been a time when troops did not obey the order to fire?
Did your scenarios label the crowds as American citizens?

Well since this was in California I imagine Californians would have been the enemy? There is no doubt in my mind that to a man we would have fired. It was not our job to check citizenship, intentions, or other, it was to obey orders. As I said, does anyone know of a time when the military faced American citizens and told to fire did not fire? Think of all the labor strikes put down when labor was trying to get recognized.
If it happens, America is lost forever.

Of course, some of you Americans would have no problem with that.

(Snicker) SOME people in this thread appear to be the very kind of extremist's who think the government is out to get them that the quoted article talked about.

And, they don't even see it! (Snicker)

(Snicker) SOME people in this thread appear to be the very kind of extremist's who think the government is out to get them that the quoted article talked about.

And, they don't even see it! (Snicker)

Will you still be snickering when you find out you're wrong?

I'm a conservative Christian gun-owning veteran who supports smaller government. This Administration has considered me a potential domestic terrorist for years.

But that doesn't mean we should shovel prog horseshit into cadets' heads.

The far left is far more violent.

The Earth Liberation Front are on the left. Should be be on the lookout for liberals in general to engage in terrorism?

Or do you like the broad brush to be applied to only one side?

There's no "broad brushing" going on. That only exists in your head, and the author of your Op-Ed.
Horseshit.

"Even more specifically, Perliger asserted that other so-called extremists fall into the categories of anti-federalists, fundamentalist Christians, survivalists, gun-rights advocates, libertarians, pro-lifers, and those who oppose high taxation."

According to this leftist whack-job, that's an awful lot of "extremists".

How about we teach West Pointers the basics of military leadership and leave the prog indoctrination out of it?

You understand there's a logical difference between extremists falling into those categories and those categories falling under extremists, right?

History repeats

most of them will fire
:(

Your "cop mentality" training aside, most of our military have not been indoctrinated to be aggressive against US citizens. MPs are special. Sometimes an MP has to use force to protect a base against US citizens and/or has to deal with rogue brothers in arms. That perspective is not given to the rest of the military and your training if it did eventually result in force against a citizen is not the same as deploying battalion of infantry against civilians and you know it.

If you don't, well you got some damn shitty training. You were Army, right?

There's no "broad brushing" going on. That only exists in your head, and the author of your Op-Ed.
Horseshit.

"Even more specifically, Perliger asserted that other so-called extremists fall into the categories of anti-federalists, fundamentalist Christians, survivalists, gun-rights advocates, libertarians, pro-lifers, and those who oppose high taxation."

How about we teach West Pointers the basics of military leadership and leave the prog indoctrination out of it?

You understand there's a logical difference between extremists falling into those categories and those categories falling under extremists, right?

You understand West Point is not a suitable venue for prog brainwashing, don't you?

No. It doesn't look like you do.

Moron.

Your "cop mentality" training aside, most of our military have not been indoctrinated to be aggressive against US citizens. MPs are special. Sometimes an MP has to use force to protect a base against US citizens and/or has to deal with rogue brothers in arms. That perspective is not given to the rest of the military and your training if it did eventually result in force against a citizen is not the same as deploying battalion of infantry against civilians and you know it.

Most suppression of civilians by the military was probably carried out, not by MP's but by regular or national guard units. These are historical events that can be checked out. George Washington dealing with the Whiskey Rebellion was probably our first and Perhaps Kent State the last.

Most suppression of civilians by the military was probably carried out, not by MP's but by regular or national guard units. These are historical events that can be checked out. George Washington dealing with the Whiskey Rebellion was probably our first and Perhaps Kent State the last.

True, Kent State was a travesty. But there were no orders given to fire, some idiots got scared and didn't have the proper training. During the L.A. riots in 1992 there were no such events because the military changed their training.

These threads are always entertaining.

Are you claiming that there are no "terrorists" who consider themselves "patriots"?

I would go so far as to say that all terrorists consider themselves "patriots", or something comparable.

Something is wrong....the OP is one aspect.

Here is another:
"US ARMY TRAINING MATERIAL REFERS TO CATHOLICISM AS “RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM”
(UPDATED) US Army Training MATERIAL Refers to Catholicism as ?Religious Extremism? | CatholicVote.org

Is there a pattern?
Who is in charge?

Those damn liberals must be running the Army and West Point.

These threads are always entertaining.

Are you claiming that there are no "terrorists" who consider themselves "patriots"?

I would go so far as to say that all terrorists consider themselves "patriots", or something comparable.

Something is wrong....the OP is one aspect.

Here is another:
"US ARMY TRAINING MATERIAL REFERS TO CATHOLICISM AS “RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM”
(UPDATED) US Army Training MATERIAL Refers to Catholicism as ?Religious Extremism? | CatholicVote.org

Is there a pattern?
Who is in charge?

Those damn liberals must be running the Army and West Point.
There has been liberalism creeping into the military for years. Obviously.

Unless you'd like to make the case that the idiot Perliger is a conservative...?

Good luck with that.

Horseshit.

You understand West Point is not a suitable venue for prog brainwashing, don't you?

Moron.

Should I take that to mean that you don't know the difference?

I'll try to simplify it for you.

"3 is a number" isn't logically equivalent to "all numbers are 3".

Moron.

I was right. You DON'T understand that West Point is not a suitable venue for prog brainwashing.

Y'know, if your side's views and opinions were acceptable, you wouldn't have to force them on people and lie about them. Just sayin'.

Moron.

I was right. You DON'T understand that West Point is not a suitable venue for prog brainwashing.

Y'know, if your side's views and opinions were acceptable, you wouldn't have to force them on people and lie about them. Just sayin'.

The "prog brainwashing" is a figment of your imagination. It's not reality, it's fantasy.

As I've pointed out, your op doesn't say what you claim it does. You keep trying to avoid that, but ignoring it won't make it go away.

I guess the "prog brainwashing" of the Army goes back a lot farther than anyone thought!

“There was some terrific fighting between the regulars and the insurgents; streets were swept again and again by grape, houses were stormed at the point of the bayonet, rioters were picked off by sharpshooters as they fired on the troops from housetops; men were hurled, dying or dead, into the streets by the thoroughly enraged soldiery; until at last, sullen and cowed and thoroughly whipped and beaten, the miserable wretches gave way at every point and confessed the power of the law.” —A New York diarist, recording the quelling of the New York draft riots by Union troops in July 1863.

Helluva a conspiracy, huh? 150 years of "prog brainwashing!"

Attachments

• $NewYorkDraftRiots.gif
    $NewYorkDraftRiots.gif
    80.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
West Point Cadets Taught Patriots Are Terrorists

At West Point where cadets are groomed into officers, a new 148-page report released on January 15 is urging enlisted men and women to be on alert for “terrorists” in the form of those who consider themselves patriots.

--

In his own words, Perliger placed a bulls-eye on those who “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights.”

Even more specifically, Perliger asserted that other so-called extremists fall into the categories of anti-federalists, fundamentalist Christians, survivalists, gun-rights advocates, libertarians, pro-lifers, and those who oppose high taxation.​

When progressives are done reshaping our military, even Monaco will be able to invade us.

This no more than has been earned by the rightwing. All rightwing movement have lead to genocide and crimes against humanity. Good for the Army to be proactive for the first time in history.

What did you think would happen when you built stock piles and had those beer filled training sessions on the weekends. You trained for war. So get ready.

FORWARD

Forum List

Back