Were the Sons of Liberty Violators of Liberties?

I am shocked. SHOCKED.
Yep. Little propaganda artists. And then they did everything they could to control those lower class folk.

Were the Sons of Liberty Violators of Liberties? Did they go after people and intimidate them or worse, into going along or shutting up?
Interesting question.
There weren't a massive army of them and their 'leaders' (from what I've read of them) weren't big hulls of men.....not very intimidating, IOW.
Persuasive? Sure
"Silver tongue devils"? Obviously
But not the bullying types one would imagine.
Disir was probably close to the truth when he called them propaganda artists

Were the Sons of Liberty Violators of Liberties? Did they go after people and intimidate them or worse, into going along or shutting up?
Interesting question.
There weren't a massive army of them and their 'leaders' (from what I've read of them) weren't big hulls of men.....not very intimidating, IOW.
Persuasive? Sure
really? First thing they did with Committees was forcefully disarm their neighbors. They demanded loyalty oaths and tests. Hmmm...

Ever read up on John Adam's defense of the troops at the so-called Boston Massacre? Tar and feathering in some areas? Attacks on persons and property -- some vicious meant to intimidate those would were on the sidelines and those who might think of voicing a different view?

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure
Oh, I bet you have Samuel Adams in mind -- :laugh: Don't you just love patriotic myths?

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure
Oh, I bet you have Samuel Adams in mind -- :laugh: Don't you just love patriotic myths?
Payne was the mousey , bookish linguist
:p

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure
really? First thing they did with Committees was forcefully disarm their neighbors. They demanded loyalty oaths and tests. Hmmm...

Ever read up on John Adam's defense of the troops at the so-called Boston Massacre? Tar and feathering in some areas? Attacks on persons and property -- some vicious meant to intimidate those would were on the sidelines and those who might think of voicing a different view?
True
Good points

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure
Payne was the mousey , bookish linguist
:p
Paine was a reactionary doofus and Adams and others used his screed while recognizing his ideology was dangerous --- see French Revolution

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure

True
Good points
Harumph! :lol:

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure

True
Good points
You've never known me to argue for argument's sake.
When someone is right, they're right

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure

True
Good points

Who are a few of your favorite...wait....

Interesting question.
Persuasive? Sure

True
Good points

Who are a few of your favorite...wait....
Not from "Sleepy Hollow", and I can't recall his last name, but I recall an Ebenezer in the early formation

I am shocked. SHOCKED.
Yep. Little propaganda artists. And then they did everything they could to control those lower class folk.
Huh? You truly are an idiot. The Sons of Liberty went after teh wealthy class of Tories

gawd, usmb is infected with dumb-itis

Yeah, right. But, only to so they could have ALL of it.

They weren't wealthy at all. So says the tax lists.

No smuggling going on there with Hancock at all......

And Thomas Jefferson didn't use the the British as a way to redirect attention away from the protests and riots in his own back yard.

I am shocked. SHOCKED.
Huh? You truly are an idiot. The Sons of Liberty went after teh wealthy class of Tories

gawd, usmb is infected with dumb-itis

Yeah, right. But, only to so they could have ALL of it.

They weren't wealthy at all. So says the tax lists.

No smuggling going on there with Hancock at all......

And Thomas Jefferson didn't use the the British as a way to redirect attention away from the protests and riots in his own back yard.
The wealthiest people in most colonies were Loyalists

did Jefferson found the Jeffersonian Republicans party??
of course not

let the record show...
....that Dante is a shameless idiot liberal who is afraid to back up what he says. What does he learn from his fear?
go away

Forum List

Back