The U.S. ranks 1st in prisoners;
The U.S. ranks 2nd in ignorance;
The U.S. ranks 2nd for approval of drone strikes;

The U.S. ranks 145th in slavery;
The U.S. ranks 101st in peace;
The U.S. ranks 44th in health care efficiency;
The U.S. ranks 19th in national satisfaction;
The U.S. ranks 14th in education.

Yet too many people believe the US is the greatest country to live in. I love my country and therefore I am not afraid to admit we are in trouble. What is being done though to solve the above mentioned discrepancies between reality and our expectations? Not so much.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,266,800 adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.94% of adults in the U.S. resident population. -Wikipedia

Less than one percent of the population is incarcerated.

We are the third most populous country on earth.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,266,800 adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.94% of adults in the U.S. resident population. -Wikipedia

Less than one percent of the population is incarcerated.

We are the third most populous country on earth.

and......... Game set match on that. Now what's really the OP's point he's really trying to make.......

And we sure won't be a developed first world country without giving a damn about infrastructure, science, r&d, education and law enforcement. You people are a bunch of sick fucks.

Who isn't for those things? Oh that's right the teachers unions. Can't even incorporate online technology computer learning due to teachers that feel like they are losing their jobs to computers, LOL! CPA's/accountants who are supposed to know way more than taxes will be protesting and saying a flat tax is taking our jobs away!!! Imagine the money government could save by letting computers apart of the public school system or IRS. Way less teachers. I learned algebra thru calculous in 1 month of studying at Kahns acedemy of online math learning. That for some reason takes the public school system 6 years to accomplish. Imagine the possibilities. My kids will NEVER go to public schools, EVER for this reason.

The point is over time technology changes things and society is FORCED to adapt. Mathew I thought you'd appreciate me saying this since you are all for technology and all. ;)

The U.S. ranks first in incarceration;

Yet too many people believe the US is the greatest country to live in. I love my country and therefore I am not afraid to admit we are in trouble. What is being done though to solve the above mentioned discrepancies between reality and our expectations? Not so much.
Care to share the yardstick used to measure this idiocy.

I would like to see the 144 nations that are 'better' than the US in 'slavery.' Whatever that is supposed to mean.

I would like to see the 144 nations that are 'better' than the US in 'slavery.' Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Are you a constitutional conservative or libertarian?

It just can't be. I've got the big floppy foam hand with one finger pointing upwards that says "We're Number 1"

We're not No. 1

That's true. The liberals who put such things in place, are more like No. 2.

C'mon Brian, we're waiting...lol

C'mon Brian, we're waiting...lol
I'm also waiting how you come out with all these numbers Brian. We are not number on FEW of those items but not far from number one.
Education, why is it that people from all over the world comes here to get educated more than anywhere in this world?
That goes with the rest.

Sick of seeing people die from cancer and seeing suffering. Sick of seeing humanity not on the moon or mars as our clock ticks on down..History shows that we will be wiped out if we don't.

Well, Sonny, let's hope that if we are going to be "wiped out" that you are one of the first "wiped". You have a one track geek mind. Stop watching so many Star Trek episodes. It's warping your little head....

Two things:

1. Thanks for your opinion
  2. Fuck Off.

Again, thank you

Forum List

Back