'We're Not Going to Let Our Campaign Be Dictated by Fact-Checkers'

They're not going to let it be dictated by delegates either :rolleyes: :lol:

562848_190877024378927_829538558_n.jpg

Last edited:
This issue has really been both a good and bad part of this campaign. Good, in that the media has finally become willing to step up and say "that's not true". Bad, because Democrats are really starting to engage in post-truth politics themselves (see: the ad where it's implied Romney killed the dude's wife).

FACT:

"If the Obama administration believes in work requirements, why write something so broad?" Besharov asked me. "If I believed in the work requirements, I wouldn't put in language encouraging states to lift them all."
That's the suspicion of Douglas Besharov, a public policy professor at the University of Maryland, who in 1996 helped persuade Hillary Clinton to support the law.

So what is wrong with asking people on welfare to at least apply for a low-wage job????...

Why is it important to attach work mandates to welfare checks?
One reason is that it weeds out people who are poor because they prefer not to put up with the demands of an employer.
Weeding those out saves money.

Another is that it pushes recipients to do something that may be unappealing in the short run -- take a low-wage job -- but will serve their interests in the long run. Even in today's slow economy, notes Mead, only 12 percent of the nonworking poor say they can't find a job.

The Truth About Obama and Welfare Reform | RealClearPolitics

So as the Professor asked.. If you support as Obama said he did "work requirements for welfare" then why are they making it easier to NOT work and get welfare check?

So as the Professor asked.. If you support as Obama said he did "work requirements for welfare" then why are they making it easier to NOT work and get welfare check?

Governors asked for leeway on the rule.

Fact.

R Governors, mind you.

Get a life.

This issue has really been both a good and bad part of this campaign. Good, in that the media has finally become willing to step up and say "that's not true". Bad, because Democrats are really starting to engage in post-truth politics themselves (see: the ad where it's implied Romney killed the dude's wife).

FACT:

"If the Obama administration believes in work requirements, why write something so broad?" Besharov asked me. "If I believed in the work requirements, I wouldn't put in language encouraging states to lift them all."
That's the suspicion of Douglas Besharov, a public policy professor at the University of Maryland, who in 1996 helped persuade Hillary Clinton to support the law.

So what is wrong with asking people on welfare to at least apply for a low-wage job????...

Why is it important to attach work mandates to welfare checks?
One reason is that it weeds out people who are poor because they prefer not to put up with the demands of an employer.
Weeding those out saves money.

Another is that it pushes recipients to do something that may be unappealing in the short run -- take a low-wage job -- but will serve their interests in the long run. Even in today's slow economy, notes Mead, only 12 percent of the nonworking poor say they can't find a job.

The Truth About Obama and Welfare Reform | RealClearPolitics

You should really read the articles you post in full, so you don't end up posting things that start with this:

"The old line is that there's a simple way to know a politician is lying: His lips are moving. Odds are good that any lurid charge leveled against a candidate is largely fraudulent. So it was no surprise that when Mitt Romney accused Barack Obama of gutting welfare work requirements, fact checkers said his trousers were conspicuously aflame.

They have a point. Romney claims that under the new Obama policy, "You wouldn't have to work... They just send you your welfare check." In fact, no such changes have been made. As written, the policy merely gives states more leeway in their enforcement of work rules, subject to federal approval."

So, the very source you quote attempting to defend Romney admits that his campaign's repeated claim is a lie.

I do enjoy that the Romney camp is pushing this line within a month of their candidate saying "You know, in the past, when people pointed out that something was inaccurate, why, campaigns pulled the ad. They were embarrassed. Today, they just blast ahead."

That ad did not come from the Obama campaign and nothing the guy SAID in the ad was a lie. He told HIS personal story about Bain.

Conversely, the lying Welfare came from and was approved by Romney.

It's not "same same".

That ad did not come from the Obama campaign and nothing the guy SAID in the ad was a lie. He told HIS personal story about Bain.

It's not "same same".

I'm not beholden to anyone, so I don't feel a need to defend things I think are wrong. Yes, the Obama campaign didn't technically have control over the ad, but if you really think Super PACs aren't coordinating messages with campaigns, you're extremely naive.

Get back to me when the MSP actually refutes one of Obama's lies.

Funny how that gets overlooked by the ranting leftist twits.

It's not "same same".

Bullshit. It was on Obama's fucking website, you dumb hack.

Oh, and.... that guy did lie in that ad... his 'personal story' was as true as fucking Harry Potter - utter fantasy.

It's not "same same".

I'm not beholden to anyone, so I don't feel a need to defend things I think are wrong. Yes, the Obama campaign didn't technically have control over the ad, but if you really think Super PACs aren't coordinating messages with campaigns, you're extremely naive.

If they are coordinating, I hope they're caught. It's illegal.

It's not "same same".

Oh, and.... that guy did lie in that ad... his 'personal story' was as true as fucking Harry Potter - utter fantasy.

Do you have a link? I think you're full of shit.

Coming from the "Romney is a felon and killed my wife Party" the OP is comedy, right?

Coming from the "Romney is a felon and killed my wife Party" the OP is comedy, right?

Romney did perjury himself at some point, since he said under oath on one occasion that he was CEO of Bain until 2002, and on another occasion said he was resigned as CEO in 1999. Two statements which can't both be true, and both made under oath.

Romney did perjury himself at some point, since he said under oath on one occasion that he was CEO of Bain until 2002, and on another occasion said he was resigned as CEO in 1999. Two statements which can't both be true, and both made under oath.

Yeah, he took time off to kill that asshole's wife.

Nothing else fits the Obama Context Filter cover story

Oh yeah, but he should've given her some brain eating bug from Africa just for kicks....

It's not "same same".

I will echo the request for the link for that video on Barack Obama's website.

What were the lies the man told?

I don't know what his role at Bain was during that time. Either explanation seems possible to me (that he just a name on the door after 1999, or that he was still actively engaged while running the SLC games), but they can't both be true, which is the problem, because he's made both claims under oath.

Forum List

Back