We're going to scrub the bill thoroughly

It's dead jim

Leonard_McCoy_A.jpg

I have to wonder what kind of misleading terminology they will use to pass this 'new version' of the BILL? Should be interesting how this plays out, it does beat the soap operas on TV however. :lol:

The difficulty all along has not been Republicans but Democrats. What version of Obamacare will they pass? Every version has had to have kickbacks, payoffs and compromises to please someone to vote for it, in the process pissing off someone else.
I can't see Democrats voting for it, much less Republicans.
How many times has Nancy Pelosi declared "we have the votes"??

Mitch McConnell, quoted on what will happen if the Dems try reconciliation.

Obama calls for reconciliation to prevent filibuster on health-care reform

Barrycare is dead, whatever manages to pass will be nothing.
The Republicans will need to show strength and resolve in the face of a 24/7 onslaught of media reports calling them obstructionist to "what 99% of the American people voted for". They'll lie in order to make the Republicans look bad.

Go Mitch, go John! Fight the good fight; the American people are behind you.

It will be interesting to see which Dems in the House fall for the trick.

They will be asked to vote for the Senate Bill as it now stands, with the promise that it will be "fixed" AFTER Obama signs it via Reconciliation.

Those "fixes" will never happen - and the under the bus count will go up.

It will be interesting to see which Dems in the House fall for the trick.

They will be asked to vote for the Senate Bill as it now stands, with the promise that it will be "fixed" AFTER Obama signs it via Reconciliation.

Those "fixes" will never happen - and the under the bus count will go up.
LOL This won't be the first time the Senate left the poor Democrat Congressmen with nothing but their dick in their hands. The House would be stupid to go first and then HOPE the Senate and Obama won't change their minds at the last minute.

Hopey Changey should just take Scott Brown's advice and go back to the drawing board on this debacle. It's a 2,800 page nightmare. Not even Democrats understand it. In fact i doubt that most Democrats have even read it. They will likely vote for it in lockstep without even reading it. That seems to be what Congress does these days. Just scrap the debacle and start over. Reconciliation or the Nuclear Option just wont cut it.

There are, I believe, 12 Democrats saying they absolutely will not sign with the current abortion wording. If they change that, they'll lose other votes. What to do? What to do?

Ya can't please everybody.

The last passed senate bill cannot pass the house and nan knows it.

They should just drop all of this, it was a waste of time to begin with.

From the article:

Under the plan taking shape, the House would pass the legislation approved Christmas Eve by the Senate. Both chambers would then pass a reconciliation bill that consists of fixes, being negotiated by Democratic leaders, to address House concerns with the smaller and more moderate-leaning Senate bill.

Did this dude flunk Civics 101, or what?

OK, class....What happens next, when the HoR votes to pass a legislative bill that the Senate already passed?

Anyone?

Beuller?

I think it's safe to say most Americans are now suffering from 'Health Care Fatigue.' I know i am. I'm completely sick of hearing about it and the Media really is embarrassing themselves with their stale round the clock obsession with it. It's a 2,800 page Nightmare and most Americans understand this. Scott Brown has it right. The Dems need to scrap their debacle and get back to the drawing board. I think most Americans agree with Brown on this. The People have already spoken on this. The Democrats are just being stubborn and partisan at this point. They will likely try to force it through and they'll definitely pay for that. I say just do it and get it over with. I'm completely sick of hearing about their debacle. Let em force it through and then force them out of office. Make 2010 count people.

I think it's safe to say most Americans are now suffering from 'Health Care Fatigue.' I know i am. I'm completely sick of hearing about it and the Media really is embarrassing themselves with their stale round the clock obsession with it. It's a 2,800 page Nightmare and most Americans understand this. Scott Brown has it right. The Dems need to scrap their debacle and get back to the drawing board. I think most Americans agree with Brown on this. The People have already spoken on this. The Democrats are just being stubborn and partisan at this point. They will likely try to force it through and they'll definitely pay for that. I say just do it and get it over with. I'm completely sick of hearing about their debacle. Let em force it through and then force them out of office. Make 2010 count people.

They've managed to make it a lose-lose proposition. If they don't pass something, they'll have wasted a whole year on this with nothing to show for it. If they do pass something, they'll have the American people pissed off at them for passing a POS bill. In either case, large portions of their base will be disappointed.
Leave it to the Democrats to screw up a supermajority.
Obama is truly the most incompetent president we've ever had. And that includes Warren Harding.

Forum List

Back