"we're getting soft!"...Kentucky Governor criticizes American schools for closing due to the snow

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
do you agree?

"forecasters predicted wind chill temperatures of -20 degrees in Kentucky"

Too dangerous for children to be out in weather such as this. A missed school day isn't the end of the world

do you agree?

The governor should force all of the school kids (at gun point) to go out into the cold & get frost bite.

Those kids need to learn how to 'grow up'

20 Years ago the Mayor of Toronto called in the military to deal with the snowfall. Not THAT'S soft. Missing a day of school for kids is nothing.

*Sure I lost a finger tip, but at least the Governor Bevin doesn’t think I am a pussy.*

:lol:

*Sure I lost a finger tip, but at least the Governor Bevin doesn’t think I am a pussy.*

:lol:

I can't imagine a bus breaking down in a rural area with 30 to 40 children on board when its 20 below zero out.

We didn’t have wind chill factors to scare people when I was kid. It gets cold in the winter.
As a school patrol, on extra-cold days, we were served hot chocolate in the school cafeteria for having stood out in the cold all morning. Those of us who had that job wished for cold so we’d get the hot chocolate and a delay to the start of school!

Kids need to show the governor how tough they are by standing at the bus stop getting frostbite.

All the kids in my area either get driven to school by a parent or driven to the bus stop by the parent. They then wait in the climate controlled car for the bus to come. No interaction with other kids while waiting. If I had done that, I would have been at the least taunted, and ridiculed, and at the most beat up.

do you agree?

Too dangerous and also adds unnecessary expense to a school. You have to keep a building a lot warmer when it's full of people than you do simply to keep the pipes from freezing and such.

Also, teachers work too many days and need more days off .

i think that the USA is getting soft . But nowadays its too cold or too hot and drink plenty of water . And don't breath too deep in 50 below weather which never affected me in many days of 50 below weather as i was going to school or outdoors work on the RailRoad in the great area known as the UPPER Peninsula of Michigan , Marquette area on the shore of Lake Superior . If the roads are clear and the Buses start , its off to work or School . Dress warm , don't go to sleep in your bathing suit in a snowbank and a person will be fine .

Poor little babies get everything handed to them.

We give them food, buy them clothes, put their butts in the car and haul them everywhere.

They get health care. And they pay nothing.

Where is their skin in the game?

Forum List

Back