Welp s0ns....so much for electric vehicles!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
So we are always hearing here......from the climate k00ks........about how Americans are about to buy big on EV's!!!

Ummm............:oops-28:

In Bloomberg today.......

Americans Are Back in Love With SUVs and Pickups

by
Justin Fox

"......then there's climate change. Transportation is responsible for close to a third of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions,
according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Better fuel efficiency combined with a weak economy to drive a 10 percent decline in transportation-sector carbon emissions from 2005 to 2012. Since then, they've been rising again"

Who's not winning?:spinner::spinner::spinner::spinner:

So we are always hearing here......from the climate k00ks........about how Americans are about to buy big on EV's!!!

by
Justin Fox

"......then there's climate change. Transportation is responsible for close to a third of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions,
according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Better fuel efficiency combined with a weak economy to drive a 10 percent decline in transportation-sector carbon emissions from 2005 to 2012. Since then, they've been rising again"

ChevroletCamaroZ28_1969.jpg

Before a decade is out, Tesla will have a pickup EV for sale.

Tesla all-electric pickup truck | Electrek

CEO Elon Musk has been talking about Tesla making an all-electric pickup truck for years now, but he said that third generation vehicles, the Model 3 and Model Y, were the priority for now. When revealing his ‘Master Plan Part Deux‘, Musk confirmed that Tesla has been working on a pickup truck but that the company is still in the ‘early stages of development’.

Nonetheless, he later added that we should expect an unveiling of the concept in “6 to 9 months”, which should end up being in early to mid-2017. It is expected to be in production within the next 3 to 4 years (2019-2020).

by
Justin Fox

View attachment 134870
My baby!

God, I miss that car.

by
Justin Fox

View attachment 134870
My baby!

God, I miss that car.

The lines are just haunting.

Electric pickup trucks are coming and not only from Tesla

This week, we learned that Tesla’s electric pickup truck is still at least two years away, which is opening the door for other companies to be first to market with their electric pickups currently in development.

Workhorse has one of the more promising programs to bring a plug-in electric truck to market and it released new pictures and details of its platform this week.

Just the beginning.

Yeah but how many are they building now...........about 27?

Electric cars are a joke.......total sales for last year were in the area of 150,000 ( I may be being generous ). Ford sold over 1 million trucks alone!! Just Ford!!:2up::eek-52::eek-52:

A new Tesla S is about $130,000.........lmao. For that, I can have a new Dodge Demon which does a 9 second 1/4 mile PLUS a tricked out Ford Raptor truck. 98 out of 100 American men are going to take the latter s0ns!! duh

And who are the two men buying Tesla S's? Rich snobby types who never got picked for the team and are compelled to be eccentric. We all know them.......they want to show everybody else that they are more concerned about the environment than you are. Ghey

Tesla delivers 25,418 vehicles in 2017’s first quarter as EV market grows

On Sunday Tesla said that it had delivered 25,418 cars in 2017’s first quarter, which is a record for the company. This sales figure puts Tesla on track to meet its stated goal of delivering 47,000 to 50,000 Model S and Model X vehicles in the first half of 2017.

FURTHER READING
30% of US buyers consider electric cars; only 3% buy. Can this change?The company’s electric vehicle (EV) deliveries have been closely watched after suffering manufacturing setbacks in 2015 and 2016 and repeatedly posting losses in quarterly financial reports. Last year, CEO Elon Musk made a point of talking about building the most efficient manufacturing process possible, calling Tesla’s factories “the machine that builds the machine.” Tesla had hoped to deliver 50,000 vehicles in the second half of 2016, but it just missed that goal—the company delivered 24,500 vehicles in Q3 and 22,200 vehicles in Q4, bringing its total to 46,700 for 2016’s second half.

Over 400,000 $1000 deposits on the Tesla 3. And I am betting that if you buy the hottest Tesla 3, it will give the Demon a run for it's money for less money.

Before a decade is out, Tesla will have a pickup EV for sale.

Tesla all-electric pickup truck | Electrek

CEO Elon Musk has been talking about Tesla making an all-electric pickup truck for years now, but he said that third generation vehicles, the Model 3 and Model Y, were the priority for now. When revealing his ‘Master Plan Part Deux‘, Musk confirmed that Tesla has been working on a pickup truck but that the company is still in the ‘early stages of development’.

Nonetheless, he later added that we should expect an unveiling of the concept in “6 to 9 months”, which should end up being in early to mid-2017. It is expected to be in production within the next 3 to 4 years (2019-2020).

New thread -- coming up in this forum. Tesla Battery production aint' nowhere's green. You're gonna be sad when you read it..

I believe that if the limitations are overcome, which batteries now impose, that we will quickly see internal-combustion-engine-powered cars become obsolete. Once we get up to comparable economies of scale, an all-electric vehicle ought to cost less to manufacture, and therefore cost less to the end buyer, than a comparable internal-combustion-engined vehicle. They are mechanically much simpler, and ought to be more reliable and require less maintenance, and have a longer usable life.

The problem is the batteries.

At the Campbell Soup factory where I worked, until they shut it down in 2013, I drove a forklift that weighted a total of about 12,000 pounds. It was electric, powered by a battery that was about a cubic yard in size, and which, by itself, weighed about 3,500 pounds. I got it into my head, once, to wonder how much gasoline it took to contain a comparable amount of energy to this battery's capacity.

Based on the markings on the battery, I determined that it had a capacity of approximately 40 kilowatt-hours of energy. Keep in mind that this battery weighs more than an average modern automobile. On doing some research, I learned that a gallon of gasoline, has, on average, about 33.7 kilowatt-hours of energy that can be released by burning it. So this battery, that weighs more than a car, doesn't hold much more energy than one gallon of gasoline. And with special high-speed chargers that we installed during my time, there,and special fast-charging batteries to take advantage thereof, it took most of a day to fully recharge a battery, if it was allowed to run to almost empty.

Imagine if your car held only a gallon of gasoline, and it took most of a day to pump that much fuel into your car. That is why we are still using internal-combustion engines to power our cars, instead of driving pure electric cars.

Well, the battery in your fork lift was almost certainly a lead acid battery. The present lithium ion batteries far surpass that battery in energy density. Still well below that of gasoline, however. The same engineer that developed the lithium ion battery has now helped develop a sodium battery that has three to four times the energy density of the lithium ion. Cheaper, faster charging, no chance of explosions, and getting near to the energy density of gasoline.

But the batteries do not have to match the energy density of gasoline to be superior in usable energy to gasoline. When you go down a hill, or take your foot off of the gas, an ICE just continues to put gasoline into the motor. And EV puts electricity back into the battery. That makes a big difference.

Forum List

Back