Votes: 1 2.2%
  • A Viscious Cycle that breeds dependency

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Private Charities can do it better

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Necessary to Civilization

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Is government-run welfare really necessary?

Can private charities do a better job of taking care of the less fortunate?

Is it better to give a man a fish to hold him over until he can afford steak, or to teach him how to fish?

Are we talking about Romney's welfare for the wealthy?

But now you're running into the.old conundrum......

Amy hit it dead on. There will ALWAYS be a certain percentage of our population who simply have an attitude problem, are lower on the IQ scale, difficult to teach the most basic of skills, or whatever combo of DNA that ends up creating some form of misfit.

What to do with them? No, you can't just ignore them and let them slowly starve.

But I do agree that welfare, no matter the program, should be controlled by the states. They know the conditions in their states far better than any central government could.

I remember when Gov Tommy Thompson of WI signed his work for welfare law. Healthy people were required to either work a certain number of hours per week or get approved job training. That helped immensely in getting people off the dole because, as you and many have said, the majority of people prefer to work.

But those who were not about to dirty their hands with honest work simply packed their bags and headed south.....to Chgo.

And now you know why Chgo has the problems they do. When it comes to spending, they think money grows on trees. Now, between welfare and pension fund problems, along with a monstrous crime problem, they've raised taxes to help get their budget in order. And now businesses are heading north.........to WI where Scott Walker has lowered taxes.

The only enemy we have is...............we.

The real welfare....

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

There is a common misconception as to what constitutes ‘welfare’ or those receiving public assistance.

For the most part citizens receiving public assistance are the elderly, disabled, and children. Still more receive assistance as low-income working families. Those not employed are required to job search, perform community service, or be enrolled in a training program as a condition of on-going eligibility.

Public assistance is necessary as a temporary benefit for families where a job loss occurs through no fault of the working adult or adults, such as a layoff, injury, or illness.

No. Private, non-profit entities lack the resources or policy knowledge necessary to administer state and federal programs adequately. In situations where a non-profit does administer a government program, such as Goodwill Industries with regard to job placement and training, those services can only be provided with comprehensive Federal funding.

The problem is that although most public assistance programs require and provide education and training designed to get people off of public assistance and become self-sufficient, such as the Workforce Investment Act (‘WIA’), many of these programs are under-funded or not funded at all.

Often this is the result of budget restraints realized by state and local governments, sometimes this is the consequence of politicians hostile to these programs for partisan reasons.

But the laws, policies, and programs are in place designed to retrain displaced workers and return them to the workforce – that these programs aren’t being utilized is not the fault of those receiving public assistance, but the fault of politicians and voters unwilling to fund and support them.

So Big Government is the know-all and end-all for all that ails it's constituents.
:confused::confused::confused:

There was some discussion, further back, about the 'shame factor'.

One needs only to log in, fill out a form, and get a check from a nameless and faceless entity.

Require them to personally show up, to a live person, with their hand out and wait and see how long that continues

Nah, don't you have to show up or stand in the gubmint line?

To apply, not always. However depending on the benifits once you are accepted you get a case manager and have to go down, talk with them, have meetings etc etc.

Is it better to give a man a fish to hold him over until he can afford steak, or to teach him how to fish?

People who are more successful than you really piss you off don't they? :lol:

serious question... Why would democrats want people to be on welfare?

votes

Total.Bullshit.

Seriously. 1st I know you right wingers love to pretend that all poor people are dems but it's just not true. 2nd, poor people have very very low voter turn out, so even if 60% of them are dems, only 25% of those will actually vote.

So Big Government is the know-all and end-all for all that ails it's constituents.

One needs only to log in, fill out a form, and get a check from a nameless and faceless entity.

Require them to personally show up, to a live person, with their hand out and wait and see how long that continues

To apply, not always. However depending on the benifits once you are accepted you get a case manager and have to go down, talk with them, have meetings etc etc.
I hope she's clean

:eusa_whistle:

Please tell me how half of the taxpayers paying ALL of the income taxes equalls welfare for the wealthy. Explain to me just how a man who makes a million a year and pays 300 grand to the IRS is receiving "welfare"
What exactly IS his "fair share"? What does he get for his 300 G's that you don't?

serious question... Why would democrats want people to be on welfare?

votes

Total.Bullshit.

Seriously. 1st I know you right wingers love to pretend that all poor people are dems but it's just not true. 2nd, poor people have very very low voter turn out, so even if 60% of them are dems, only 25% of those will actually vote.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok then

Why do dems want so many of us on the dole?

just to be clear, I was being kind. Dems don't just want the votes, here's what they really want;

More people demanding hand outs = a need for more money going from workers too non-workers. Less money in workers pockets = more people demanding handouts.

rinse and repeat until the dems have total control of a useless batch of hand out slaves.

Hows that for blunt no bullshit honesty for ya

The real welfare....

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Why the hell can't you get it through your thick head that income is based on performance. Wealthy people are not holding you back, Chris. You are.
I would gladly pay you more if you produced more, or have a skill that I need, but I can't remain in business long paying you more than you are worth

How many times over the years have you had to go in for an interview?

Total.Bullshit.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok then

Why do dems want so many of us on the dole?

just to be clear, I was being kind. Dems don't just want the votes, here's what they really want;

More people demanding hand outs = a need for more money going from workers too non-workers. Less money in workers pockets = more people demanding handouts.

rinse and repeat until the dems have total control of a useless batch of hand out slaves.

Hows that for blunt no bullshit honesty for ya
That, is a whole lot of bullshit. Just because you "feel" thats what dems want, doesn't make it so, just like when dems say all pubs are racist or greedy etc etc, doesn't make that so.

Forum List

Back