Welcome to more control from Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ProudFossil, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ProudFossil

ProudFossil Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    From KOB.com, a Albuquerque, New Mexico, tv station:

"A federal mandate says driver’s licenses won’t be accepted as identification to fly in 2010 if the license doesn’t meet federal standards. New Mexico is among 36 states that don’t meet requirements because it allows driver’s licenses to be issued to foreign nationals."

So what are we to do if we want to fly to Grandma's house on January 2, 2010? Just one more way to control the sheepie in this country. Oh yeah, this is CHANGE so it is wonderful.

2. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    This is very old news. I hate to say it, but Obama didn't have anything to do with this as president.
    Google 'real id' and see how long this has been in the works.

Real Nightmare

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762
    That is what government is paid to do. Control. If there was less control there would be less services for all of us. Government do not want all this control, which means more work. If not for you and this country humongous growth, government would not have to grow and get bigger. Bigger government is not by choice but by necessity.
    We have always had government so stop your belly aching. It's here to stay and thank GOD. GOD set the first government in actions when he said Ceasar's things to Ceasar" and "obey Superior Authorities". I know you are a Christian and you should know this.

But Christians only want to accept those parts of the bible that fits their deeds.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. ProudFossil

ProudFossil Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Since I saw the news posting on KOB I have found out that the federal law was passed several years ago. So you are right, I was mistaken to blame President Obama.

However what really gets my goat is our slimy governor, Bill Richardson, pushed the state legislature to pass the law allowing illegals to get a driver license. Even after knowing it would invalidate the right of New Mexico citizens to fly unless they bought a passport. So my beef is really with the idiots in Santa Fe. Thanks to those DEMOCRATS 90% of New Mexico is grounded. What is even funnier is I wonder how this will impact upon our tourism industry which accounts for about 25% of the states income?

5. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    It isn't just NM, I live in AZ and it is the same situation here. I have lived in Nm within the last 2 years. The facts as presented by the assemblies of 36 states is that this is about state's rights and unfunded mandates by the federal government. There is also some concern about the real id system creating more opportunities for id theft.
    I'm not impressed by Pres. Obama or Gov Richardson, however to be fair, this really isn't about them. The issue is bigger than both of them and goes back before their time.
    try visiting this page;
    Real Nightmare

6. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    I don't want anything from our government except less control. We do not need bigger government, we need more people to take personal responsibility and stop relying on the government to take care of them. All of us would be better off.
    Until the federal government can provide for our common defense and control the minting of currency, they should not be allowed to do anything else.
    So far they can't get that right, so......

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,525
    Stop whining and get your state to fix its licensing procedures.
    Or get a passport or other acceptable form of ID

Thank Bush for the CHANGE

8. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Seems Nj legislaters have introduced anti-real id legislation as well.
    hint: it's about state sovereignty and unfunded mandates from the federal government as well as concerns over increased id theft.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,525
    Quit whining or quit flying

10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I would like to see Real I'd implemented (when the feds can afford it) in the mean time people should pay close attention to the drivers license issue. Unintended consequences of "feel good" legislation.