Welcome RACE RELATIONS and RELIGION to Zone 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have been nice even to you… I think… Well maybe not… Let me check… Hmmm, have I ever been nice down there?

Seriously though we can be civil down there, well more than upstairs…

Why do you think I write my threads in the Rubber Room?

Free open discussion ( some what ) and knowing many can handle it down there.

Funny part is the Mods believed the Dungeon would be the Wild West while the upstairs would be the shining beacon of the board but in my opinion it is reverse…

Great convos get MOVED to the Taunting forum because there's discussion. It's just no longer "on topic". SOme of the best threads are down there. It's like the difference between "cruise ship funny" and "HBO funny". They both can be funny, one involves getting people's attention with toilet jokes and sexual innuendo and "wirty dords" and the other is a captive audience who have already paid and tipped.

Funny part is the Mods believed the Dungeon would be the Wild West while the upstairs would be the shining beacon of the board but in my opinion it is reverse…

There's a long list of folks permanently banned from the Taunting Forums for NOT being able to keep OFF the 3 or 4 simple flames we ban site-wide -- family, beasty, pedo, ect. YOU KNOW many I'm referring to and so does Mindful. We have NO PROBLEM with what goes on there, but it GENERAL -- there's nothing of value down there to CAUSE us any grief. But saying that the discussion is "cleaner" in the Taunting area depends on how much value ribbing, taunting, poking fun at others OVER getting some VALUE out of the time here.. BOTH have a place at USMB.

We have rules that dont allow a definition of "level of effort". So -- what we YEARN for is simple. The upstairs has TOPICS -- the downstairs does not. Because we have 27 or so FORUMS upstairs that are ARRANGED BY topic and we want EVERY THREAD to be somewhat unique.

There exists people who cant stay on a topic. They can have a wonderful life down there. We TRY to keep threads READABLE so that when someone finds an interesting topic -- they dont get the same bantering/baiting/noise that's in every other thread. And there's usually a bunch of USEFUL information on the topic that leaks out in small servings.

Figure out a way to write SIMPLE TRANSPARENT rules to improve on that goal and submit them.

There's a long list of folks permanently banned from the Taunting Forums for NOT being able to keep OFF the 3 or 4 simple flames we ban site-wide -- family, beasty, pedo, ect. YOU KNOW many I'm referring to and so does Mindful. We have NO PROBLEM with what goes on there, but it GENERAL -- there's nothing of value down there to CAUSE us any grief. But saying that the discussion is "cleaner" in the Taunting area depends on how much value ribbing, taunting, poking fun at others OVER getting some VALUE out of the time here.. BOTH have a place at USMB.

We have rules that dont allow a definition of "level of effort". So -- what we YEARN for is simple. The upstairs has TOPICS -- the downstairs does not. Because we have 27 or so FORUMS upstairs that are ARRANGED BY topic and we want EVERY THREAD to be somewhat unique.

There exists people who cant stay on a topic. They can have a wonderful life down there. We TRY to keep threads READABLE so that when someone finds an interesting topic -- they dont get the same bantering/baiting/noise that's in every other thread. And there's usually a bunch of USEFUL information on the topic that leaks out in small servings.

Figure out a way to write SIMPLE TRANSPARENT rules to improve on that goal and submit them.
It looks like your cat is jumping on your computer table and depressing your cap lock key at random intervals again.

Can you sum up? Too many words. I don't understand...

Can I curse in religion vs ethics? Because I made that thread.

Never More. Saieth the Raven. You want to compare religions or "moral systems" -- you're gonna have to have a serious topic and take all the topics seriously. Read the guidelines in the Sticky section of "Clean Debate Zone" -- for the basic outline of Civil Discussion.

There will soon be reminders at the top of listings for Religion and Race Relations forums.

It's NOT a matter of anything you are prohibited from discussing. It just has to framed with EXTRA work to MAKE it a discussion and not just a baiting comment or flight of fancy.

Clarify "putting down other posters".

I understand what it means, but others here may not. And by saying that, I may be putting down other posters... So clarify what that means, because it is ambiguous and will cause a lot of trouble going forward.

What does "putting down other posters" mean to you?

What is that requires any interaction/judgement/flaming/or other "personal engagement" with a member in an actual HONEST SINGLE TOPIC discussion/debate? There is NONE. Ever. You can ask for personal opinions or ask questions -- not ATTRIBUTE opinions to a member who never said anything like that. There's ONE single topic. Discuss it without without goin' at each other.

Why would anyone need to "get personal" to discuss most topics in Race Relations or Religion. Members are free to offer life experiences on topics, and if you feel the need and usefulness to comment on those -- DO IT CIVILLY.

I am not making any rules for these guys and you know why because no one follows them, so why try?

Look, you can get snippy with me but we both know that Religion and Ethics and Race Relations have always had their trolls and let me be clear you rarely ever saw me in any of those unless the thread was race baiting and why because I have no interest debating someone wish to tell me I will roast in hell of that I am a racist bigot…

So I just wish you guys the best because I know for sure this isn’t going to end well for some, but hey why should I care when I truly have no skin in this game…
Great convos get MOVED to the Taunting forum because there's discussion. It's just no longer "on topic". SOme of the best threads are down there. It's like the difference between "cruise ship funny" and "HBO funny". They both can be funny, one involves getting people's attention with toilet jokes and sexual innuendo and "wirty dords" and the other is a captive audience who have already paid and tipped.
Problem is the upstairs crowd never want to converse civilly ( well most ) and just prefer to taunt each other and before you try to use the paddle and mirror on me let me be clear I know what I do wrong, so you don’t need to lecture me but let me add if you me to be civil then the monkey farm need to stop throwing their poop because I hate being splattered…

USMB has rarely been about honest debate

It is about talking Smack regardless of the forum

Must be why some posters content is so unmemorable. NOBODY here JUST to "talk smack" survives very long unless they are in the Flame Zone community. And there's hardly a couple hundred "honest" posters left on all of sosh media..

Civil debate MAKES you honest and working too hard to resort to smack. It's what FBook/Twitter CAN NOT PROVIDE. They contribute to slide in honesty/civility. Be interesting to see how many folks can relearn civility or at least a tad of honesty and self-respect for working harder at communicating.

The folks that are here just to find punching bags and stress relief are gonna love the Taunting Areas all the more.

Problem is the upstairs crowd never want to converse civilly ( well most ) and just prefer to taunt each other and before you try to use the paddle and mirror on me let me be clear I know what I do wrong, so you don’t need to lecture me but let me add if you me to be civil then the monkey farm need to stop throwing their poop because I hate being splattered…

You DO understand that flaming IS allowed upstairs right?

If you're just looking at the FLAMING and not the topical content of every post -- you really dont understand the UNIQUENESS of the USMB rules for Zone2 forums -- which is the majority of the approx 37 forums on this board.

Most warnings we write are for posts that "have no topical content" -- meaning that the post(s) are ALL FLAME -- or the post(s) are OFF topic, Mods largely dont even read for FLAME. They read to find "topical content".

If you're just looking at the FLAMING and not the topical content of every post -- you really dont understand the UNIQUENESS of the USMB rules for Zone2 forums -- which is the majority of the approx 37 forums on this board.

Most warnings we write are for posts that "have no topical content" -- meaning that the post(s) are ALL FLAME -- or the post(s) are OFF topic, Mods largely dont even read for FLAME. They read to find "topical content".
I do understand that Flac but when you have posters writing threads about wanting to Genocide a race or posts by someone calling everyone they disagree with a dic sucker, well you do know that is not flaming at all but just down right nonsense, so don’t lecture me about what should or shouldn’t be allow Flac because I have read enough of the nonsense on here!

Are you telling me that you want civility from the Whites on this board and allow the Blacks on this board write whatever they want and if so then do it and see how well that works because it hasn’t worked so far has it?

What do you want from me?

Want to ban me for not allowing some punk to call me a dic sucker upstairs?

How about being accused of supporting racism and then proving the idiot was lying but can not be civil?

Want this discussion on the damn open board the fine!

Why is it you allow Biff_Poindexter and ThomasSowellsFro to create threads mocking Whites or even calling for their execution while they are not given the same treatment as other trolls that are white?

Do you truly believe we can discuss in a civil manner about how Whites should be Genocide?

Is that what you want then ban me because I sure the fuck do not want any part of it!

So let me start threads like those two have done about Blacks and see how fast your ass tosses my shit downstairs or ban my worthless ass!

So no you don’t want Civil discussion at all and just want to tell those on one side they should just eat the shit race baiting assholes shovel and if you don’t like it then leave…

Give them their safe space and I will just use the Dungeon to mock them until you ban me or change the rules there!

Got it!

Your fantasy writing reminds me of Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Some of the other themes you work to create here do, too.

I do understand that Flac but when you have posters writing threads about wanting to Genocide a race or posts by someone calling everyone they disagree with a dic sucker, well you do know that is not flaming at all but just down right nonsense, so don’t lecture me about what should or shouldn’t be allow Flac because I have read enough of the nonsense on here!

Are you telling me that you want civility from the Whites on this board and allow the Blacks on this board write whatever they want and if so then do it and see how well that works because it hasn’t worked so far has it?

What do you want from me?

How about being accused of supporting racism and then proving the idiot was lying but can not be civil?

Want this discussion on the damn open board the fine!

Why is it you allow Biff_Poindexter and ThomasSowellsFro to create threads mocking Whites or even calling for their execution while they are not given the same treatment as other trolls that are white?

Do you truly believe we can discuss in a civil manner about how Whites should be Genocide?

Is that what you want then ban me because I sure the fuck do not want any part of it!

So let me start threads like those two have done about Blacks and see how fast your ass tosses my shit downstairs or ban my worthless ass!

So no you don’t want Civil discussion at all and just want to tell those on one side they should just eat the shit race baiting assholes shovel and if you don’t like it then leave…

Give them their safe space and I will just use the Dungeon to mock them until you ban me or change the rules there!

Got it!
Flac is afraid of the black posters, so he lets them do whatever they want.

do understand that Flac but when you have posters writing threads about wanting to Genocide a race or posts by someone calling everyone they disagree with a dic sucker, well you do know that is not flaming at all but just down right nonsense, so don’t lecture me about what should or shouldn’t be allow Flac because I have read enough of the nonsense on here!

Can't MAKE specific threats about groups and other politicians/clustering/affiliations. That would be a warning/post deletion/other action. Applies to ALL forums. We're running about 8000 posts a day on USMB. We can't read all of them --- but something THAT significant OUGHT to get reported.

So the flame "dick sucker" is worse than others? Did the post have TOPICAL CONTENT? If it does -- we STOP READING and go on. Unless it's absolutely brutal and FAR overweighs the topical contribution with other flamey stuff included.

That's never been the case. Plenty of white racists that will be hobbled by having to have a civil discussion. We warn/eject MANY who are only there to bait and name-call. It's BEEN an "equal playing field" except for the ABSOLUTE numbers on either side.

And its STILL gonna be a more equal playing field under the new rules -- except that members will have to WORK HARDER at the discussion and completely SHELVE the flaming.

Problem is and always has been -- BOTH SIDES that there for conflict use the SAME dishonest rules/tactics. We're taking away that dishonesty. Discuss the topic, make the effort or find something else to do. Or take it to the Taunting forums.

Again -- flaming is allowed, but there must be topical content. It's hard to carry on a 2 page running personal exchange while you're "discussing the topic" -- it degrades to a pure flame fest and folks get ejected/warned/banned.

If getting that flame revenge on a low-effort, useless troll gets MORE of your attention than the topic does -- you're not really INTO the topic -- are you?

Why is it you allow @Biff_Poindexter and @ThomasSowellsFro to create threads mocking Whites or even calling for their execution while they are not given the same treatment as other trolls that are white?

THIS violates 2 rules and ignores a mod warning a page or so back -- NOT to mention members by name in Zone1 -- so if you wanna continue this -- it's got to be in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back