Weird Racism At My Job?

I have to laugh at this. Black unemployment stays double that of whites no matter what and that is not racism, but a single black person gets a job in a business with white employees and it's racism because a white person thinks, with no evidence, that they are trying to force her out for someone black.

It's funny how everybody black is always less qualified. Stop :boo_hoo14:

Agreed. The OP's evidence is circumstantial at best, but this is precisely why I oppose affirmative action policies. Even if a minority is hired based solely on their qualifications there will be people who assume it was because of their race.

Why is it that from 1776 until 1965 whites were overtly given everything based on race and the argument about this comes back to them assuming people of color are only getting hired because of race?

Death Angel said:
The Africans were all chummy and sat around talking and laughing while the two white guys left were always working.
I've Seen This Myself
And When The Mexican Ethnics Leave For Lunch
It Gets Really Thick

And Here's How Easy It Is To Start
There Was Really Heavy Snows One Morning
I Was Giving A Black Co-Worker A Ride
This Morning I Had The Radio On For Traffic Reports
Except The Station Self-Identified As "Talk Radio"
Instantly Ostracized By The Black Workers For A While

Oh -- Obama Was President
Bullshit.

I have to laugh at this. Black unemployment stays double that of whites no matter what and that is not racism, but a single black person gets a job in a business with white employees and it's racism because a white person thinks, with no evidence, that they are trying to force her out for someone black.

Agreed. The OP's evidence is circumstantial at best, but this is precisely why I oppose affirmative action policies. Even if a minority is hired based solely on their qualifications there will be people who assume it was because of their race.

I don't think Nicole got hired because of her race. As I've said twice now, she's quite good at her job. I think Katie got super-chummy with her because of her race, and is favoring her and edging me out because of race. I think whoever Katie hires next will be equally qualified, because small businesses can't afford dead weight. But I also think the person will be black.

I think you know the answers to your questions. Sorry it went that way, good luck to you. For what it's worth, anytime I changed jobs it always led to something better.

Oh, I don't worry about my ability to take care of myself and land on my feet. I'm ungodly good at what I do. I just know that I can be paranoid sometimes, and wanted to know whether or not I was imagining things.

I'm sorry your company has gotten vengefully Woke. You'll be better off in a new place that doesn't discriminate against you.

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a job where they just let you disappear into your cubicle, plow through the work pile, then go home, but it is.

I know. The Progs are very busy trying to transform our culture from "leave people alone to do their own thing" to "force people to participate in whatever the Woke folks decide". I just hope enough woke companies go broke fast enough for this nonsense to flame out.

The let us be racists whenever we want culture you would like to return is not going to.

Cecilie1200 said:
Oh, I don't worry about my ability to take care of myself and land on my feet. I'm ungodly good at what I do. I just know that I can be paranoid sometimes, and wanted to know whether or not I was imagining things.
Everyone Needs A "Plan B"
Never Hurts To Keep Your Ear To The Ground

If It Really Is Discrimination
You Won't Overcome It

Katie decided to totally reorganize everyone's responsibilities, and I suddenly found myself doing the worst and most menial parts of my job and Nicole's job, while Nicole was doing the more administrative aspects of both, including job functions I myself had created, developed, and organized from the ground up
Of course you're not imagining it.

Same thing happened to me.

I always got along with my immediate supervisors until they hired the most UNQUALIFIED black supervisor. The guy bullied, berated and badgered us (he was the only black guy) until everyone, one by one, quit. I was lucky. I found a better job with better people in March. Also got a substantial raise at the new place.

This is white, liberal Ann Arbor, but every new hire was black. Before I left, I was doing too much of their work.

The company that I spent 6 years with I was treated like an outsider. The Africans were all chummy and sat around talking and laughing while the two white guys left were always working.

Glad I left that place.

Hate to break it to you, but it wont end well for you. Hope you're looking. Try to leave on good terms.

Given that she's got herself stuck on the idea of me doing the distasteful stuff for which Nicole was originally hired, and at least two of those things conflict with disabilities I've told the company about, AND she's been told by the controller twice now that I won't be doing those things, I don't think it's going to end particularly well.

At least she's not hiring lazy, unqualified people. It's too small a business and too dependent on everyone working hard. I just get the distinct impression she'd like for the entire physical office to be black.

Oddly enough, Katie herself is not black. Her husband is (and her kids, obviously), and both of her non-work friends I met were.
It is not really odd to be honest as seeing color and making decisions based on it is now seen as something to be prideful of rather than rejected.

I, and I do not think anyone else tbh, can tell if it is a race thing or not without actually experiencing your office first hand but does it really even matter? The simple fact that you feel this is a strong/likely possibility means that your workplace does not have a proper atmosphere and you really should be looking for another one, as you said you were.

Just being expected to do things outside of my disability parameters after having made very strong points of those parameters numerous times would be enough to have me looking elsewhere. If she pushes that too much before I find another job, I may get vindictive and hit her with an EEOC complaint on the way out the door.

I think you should. Maybe email her boss, her, and your representation an email CC:/ one final warning to change before litigation? Make sure you have your doctors evidence on-line in said communication in case they have forgotten?

I find it odd that folks intent on pushing social justice like this want to protect civil rights, but have no problem violating a civil rights act. WTH? :dunno:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990

IM2 said:
Bullshit.
Your Previous Post Sounds The Same As Cornell West
His Parents Being Respected Educators In Sacramento
Having Schools Named In Their Honor
Said If There Was Any Bigotry, They Never Saw It

I Guess You're As Big A Phony As Cornell...

I think you know the answers to your questions. Sorry it went that way, good luck to you. For what it's worth, anytime I changed jobs it always led to something better.

I'm sorry your company has gotten vengefully Woke. You'll be better off in a new place that doesn't discriminate against you.

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a job where they just let you disappear into your cubicle, plow through the work pile, then go home, but it is.

I know. The Progs are very busy trying to transform our culture from "leave people alone to do their own thing" to "force people to participate in whatever the Woke folks decide". I just hope enough woke companies go broke fast enough for this nonsense to flame out.
What “force” are you referring to?

Cecilie1200 said:
Everyone Needs A "Plan B"
Never Hurts To Keep Your Ear To The Ground

If It Really Is Discrimination
You Won't Overcome It

Not even planning to try. I don't stay where I'm not wanted, and if they're dumb enough to leave themselves even more shorthanded over this, they deserve whatever they get.

I love the way you say "a white person thinks". If you ain't white, you don't know shit. I don't know EITHER way about that office, but she should get out if she feels that way. And it sounds like you think blacks are unqualified-"It's funny how everybody black is always less qualified". Your statement.
Even if the blacks are qualified, if they bully, berate, and carry a chip on their shoulder and target white employees, what do their qualifications matter?

I don't think Nicole got hired because of her race. As I've said twice now, she's quite good at her job. I think Katie got super-chummy with her because of her race, and is favoring her and edging me out because of race. I think whoever Katie hires next will be equally qualified, because small businesses can't afford dead weight. But I also think the person will be black.

No business can afford dead weight, but dead weight comes in all colors. You are claiming there is racism on your job when there isn't, then you are assuming the next hire will be black even before the hire. The two in question didn't necessarily have to become friends because of race. See, this is where I have problems with many of you. You're quick to holler about how you face racism and most of the time what you describe isn't even close. But since I am not in that office to see the interplay among staff, I can't give an accurate opinion nor can anyone else here not working in that company.

I love the way you say "a white person thinks". If you ain't white, you don't know shit. I don't know EITHER way about that office, but she should get out if she feels that way. And it sounds like you think blacks are unqualified-"It's funny how everybody black is always less qualified". Your statement.
Even if the blacks are qualified, if they bully, berate, and carry a chip on their shoulder and target white employees, what do their qualifications matter?

They matter just as much as the white that thinks black people who don't like racism are carrying some kind of chip. I'm sure you don't think the same way about whites. In short, that was a stupid question.

The let us be racists whenever we want culture you would like to return is not going to.

You are seriously mistaken. What you promote is Racism.

What “force” are you referring to?

The Progressive Agenda, bub.

Right....it could not POSSIBLY be that there are qualified black people out there, right? :icon_rolleyes:
Did you read what she wrote?
They don’t read facts.. if you are white and you have issue you are automatically a racist.. I’d find another job it’s only going to get worse.. they will be rewarded for being lazy and incompetent

Right....it could not POSSIBLY be that there are qualified black people out there, right? :icon_rolleyes:
Did you read what she wrote?
They don’t read facts.. if you are white and you have issue you are automatically a racist.. I’d find another job it’s only going to get worse.. they will be rewarded for being lazy and incompetent

I actually doubt that, since the company's owner is Israeli, and has very little interest in American politically-correct mental masturbations. Either way, not gonna be my problem soon.

Nah, that's not the case. Intelligent successful whites understand what I'm saying.

Nah, that's not the case. Intelligent successful whites understand what I'm saying.
We know what you are saying, but we don't think you know.

Wrong again, bub.

But you do get 10 Points For Consistency!

Wrong again, bub.

But you do get 10 Points For Consistency!

I find it interesting that the only leftist bigot who showed up to squawk unrelated talking points is someone I've had on ignore for so long, I forgot he even existed.

Forum List

Back