Week with out power

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I live in Jacksonville NC and just spent the last week with out power due to Hurricane. Almost flooded wife drove the SUV in to a flood nearly drowned, she cant swim, We got rescued by National Guard. me and son at house wife at car. Spent 2 nights in a shelter spent several nights in powerless house. Friend came back from evacing to Raleigh his houses roof was ruined lost his kitchen and will probably lose his dinning room and living room, but they had power and let us sleep at their house last couple days.

Did a lot of praying and God answered all my prayers.

So ben gone since Thursday last week, glad to be back.

Glad you and the wife are okay.

Last year the hurricane we had knocked power out and boy does it suck in Florida with no AC and I know NC isn't any better. I lived there in Wendell outside Raleigh for ten years/

Was so glad when the power came back on. Almost fell on my knees. LOL

Glad to hear everyone is OK!!
But God didnt answer your prayers, humans did.

Good to hear you and yours are okay. Life throws curve balls and it's part of our human trials to rise above them and move ever forward. Hopefully your shit was in order, and I do suspect it was, to continue on only inconvenienced. Do go, if possible, to help your neighbors less prepared or fortunate, tis good for the soul and humanity in general :)

Why didn’t you leave when you knew this was coming?
I did not leave because my wife works at the Hospital and had to go to work on Saturday. Further as I suspected the storm died way down before it made land fall. Again for the slow and stupid I did not flood out I simply went with the National Guard because they showed up and it did not look good at the time. Been here since 1988 except 3 years in Okinawa.

I have lived with out power before from other Hurricanes, had one in either late 80's or mid 90's that the power was off 2 weeks. As for leaving people that left got kicked out of shelters in Raleigh before there were even clear roads to return home on.

Glad you're okay and able to be back on the 'net.

Hey......................RGS, if you could, would you keep us posted as to how well the government and all the others help you guys out in rebuilding? I'd like to hear how it works out from someone actually going through it.

You could keep us posted and let us know if FEMA works or not.

I live in Jacksonville NC and just spent the last week with out power due to Hurricane. Almost flooded wife drove the SUV in to a flood nearly drowned, she cant swim, We got rescued by National Guard. me and son at house wife at car. Spent 2 nights in a shelter spent several nights in powerless house. Friend came back from evacing to Raleigh his houses roof was ruined lost his kitchen and will probably lose his dinning room and living room, but they had power and let us sleep at their house last couple days.

Did a lot of praying and God answered all my prayers.

So ben gone since Thursday last week, glad to be back.
glad everyone is alright.

We need better infrastructure;

we could have been capturing a lot of hydro energy.

Forum List

Back