Web add's or promotions on political sites ?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
How about these add's that are directed at patrons on this site or other sites where politics are being discussed, man they seem to be geared towards entrapment or ensnaring someone if or when one clicks on them, so I say all patron's beware is what I say, especially if have something a person might not want public or etc..I am glad I am clean as far as my life goes, but it makes me laugh when read these idiotic add's, as if peoplke are just that stupid really...LOL

Example's are like the adds that say things like "3 people unfriended you" or the ones about about "check your criminal record by clicking here" or these anti-Obama add's and/or etc. You would think that you would see sales add's and such, but no it's all these weird and suspect add's in which is all you end up getting it seems while here or on other political sites visited...:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
You can't be ensnared if you don't click on them.
I'm talking about people who would click on them out of curiosity..... I hope they avoid such idiocy as this is, but does these adds have a more ominous purpose as to there origins or tactics involved ? Just wondering for all who are curious about these adds...I know that adds are a source of income for these sites, but what type of adds are good, and which ones are bad ?

Those people probably click on emails from their bank that they never gave their email to. They get what's coming to them. You can't fix stupid.

I'm talking about people who would click on them out of curiosity..... I hope they avoid such idiocy as this is, but does these adds have a more ominous purpose as to there origins or tactics involved ? Just wondering for all who are curious about these adds...I know that adds are a source of income for these sites, but what type of adds are good, and which ones are bad ?

No ads are good, period. Don't click on any.

Remember that the function of advertising is to sell you something you don't need. When you need something ... you'll look for it.

Those people probably click on emails from their bank that they never gave their email to. They get what's coming to them. You can't fix stupid.
Wow, I thought we were all supposed to be our brothers keeper in accordance with the democrats policy and strategy when making policy today ? B )

Remember that the function of advertising is to sell you something you don't need. When you need something ... you'll look for it.
I think adds could be good, if they were done right and by the right people, for whom want to help people in life by offering them idea's and products in which they may be looking for, but to spy on people or get them into something that is bad, ummmmm I think should be illegal and is just bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I think adds could be good, if they were done right and by the right people, for whom want to help people in life by offering them idea's and products in which they may be looking for, but to spy on people or get them into something that is bad, ummmmm I think should be illegal and is just bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I assure you -- nobody on earth advertises because they want to "help" anybody. Except themselves, to your money. Helping people is what charity is for.

If you actually do need a product, you'll seek it out. But if you're being presented pop-ups of stuff you don't want, then it's not something you need. I would never ever click on an ad that pops up on the internet, even if I did need the product. I keep a strict "don't call me, I'll call you" policy. But even with that approach I'm still seeing pop-up ads for products I sought out or simply inquired about months ago. One was Blue Buffalo dog food -- I don't even have a dog but did some research for a friend, and now every single time I open a YouTube video I get either an ad for Blue Buffalo or a poll asking "should the GOP fight gun control" or something.

I figure, it's an insidious machine -- let's not feed it. If we all declined to ever click these annoying ads, they would have to conclude they're ineffective, and shut them down. Let's not be enablers.

Forum List

Back