Wearing unearned military medals is free speech

The Stolen Valor Act is still enforceable if the person wearing such medals so much as gets a discount on a cup of coffee. Mostly the Stolen Valor game is played to receive more significant benefits such as travel upgrades and discounts at retail outlets. The travel upgrades are particularly disturbing because genuine active duty personnel and veterans are prevented from getting the benefit because it is being used by a fake, i.e., a fake may be taking an upgraded 1rst class seat instead of an active service member returning home from deployment.

Only problem here I see is how many discounts on his coffee & underwear, or given front row seats before he gets caught?
Fucking BULLSHIT!!!!!!
There are thousands of human scum who claim to be former Navy Seals on job applications!!!!!!!
THAT is lying! to get an advantage over other applicants.
God help me if I ever come across the fucking stolen valor asshole. GOD HELP THEM!!!!!!
I called you a lying POS because of the claim you made about Kerry. Don't try backpeddle or play innocent liar.

The Stolen Valor Act is still enforceable if the person wearing such medals so much as gets a discount on a cup of coffee. Mostly the Stolen Valor game is played to receive more significant benefits such as travel upgrades and discounts at retail outlets. The travel upgrades are particularly disturbing because genuine active duty personnel and veterans are prevented from getting the benefit because it is being used by a fake, i.e., a fake may be taking an upgraded 1rst class seat instead of an active service member returning home from deployment.

Only problem here I see is how many discounts on his coffee & underwear, or given front row seats before he gets caught?
The first class travel is the one that pisses me off. A guy coming home from a deployment misses a chance for a special appreciation from the airline that includes a super comfortable seat, an above average meal, perhaps champagne or a fine wine, etc. Instead, it goes to a fake.
Every airline I know so far asks for ID
Good, they have caught on.

The court made the correct ruling.

What you can go after is their use of the false medals to somehow make money. If they get a material benefit from the fake medals, that's fraud.

You ever watch any of the Stolen Valor videos? A bunch of losers pretending to be someone, it's sad and pathetic. Best one out there is the one where a fraud ran into an Airborne Ranger, the Ranger literally bitch slapped the fraud.

The most pathetic case of stolen valor ever...

Every time this issue comes up the first person that comes to mind is the fucking traitor phony poser John Kerry. He was in VN for about 90 days and awarded himself the Silver Star.
The man is a walking piece of shit AND the man Obama sent to Iran to give Iran whatever they wanted if they'd only stop building nuclear bombs. The Ayatollah based laughed in Kerry's face and used the bullshit agreement as ass wipe before Kerry even got to the fucking plane to fly home to the fucking mental case drug addled "Pickle Lady'.
You are a liar, lying about a decorated Vietnam veteran. Kerry was serving on the USS Gridley in the Gulf of Tonkin searching for and rescuing downed pilots. He requested, volunteered, transfer to service with Swift Boats and the request was granted. He was awarded three Purple Hearts. Sailors do not give themselves Purple Hearts and Silver Stars you idiot. SOP was that three such awards were accompanied by a reward of transfer out of the combat zone and country. Prove otherwise or STFU you POS.

How many duty days did Kerry miss due to those injuries that warranted a Purple Heart?

You know...what's almost as annoying as Stolen Valor was those dependents that acted like they served. Wanted salutes, acted like they knew everything about the military, blah, blah, blah.

Every time this issue comes up the first person that comes to mind is the fucking traitor phony poser John Kerry. He was in VN for about 90 days and awarded himself the Silver Star.
The man is a walking piece of shit AND the man Obama sent to Iran to give Iran whatever they wanted if they'd only stop building nuclear bombs. The Ayatollah based laughed in Kerry's face and used the bullshit agreement as ass wipe before Kerry even got to the fucking plane to fly home to the fucking mental case drug addled "Pickle Lady'.
You are a liar, lying about a decorated Vietnam veteran. Kerry was serving on the USS Gridley in the Gulf of Tonkin searching for and rescuing downed pilots. He requested, volunteered, transfer to service with Swift Boats and the request was granted. He was awarded three Purple Hearts. Sailors do not give themselves Purple Hearts and Silver Stars you idiot. SOP was that three such awards were accompanied by a reward of transfer out of the combat zone and country. Prove otherwise or STFU you POS.

How many duty days did Kerry miss due to those injuries that warranted a Purple Heart?
I have no idea. Do you? What is the significance of the number of duty days missed?

I have no idea. Do you? What is the significance of the number of duty days missed?

His Purple Hearts were for injuries that could be covered with a Band-aid.

It reminds me of when Frank Burns awarded himself a Purple Heart on M*A*S*H for shell fragments when he got nervous while eating a boiled egg.

It reminds me of when Frank Burns awarded himself a Purple Heart on M*A*S*H for shell fragments when he got nervous while eating a boiled egg.
The worst thing he did was come home and lie about our great soldiers over seas. Putting their lives in even more danger.

Are you using a TV show as a source? You know Frank Burns was just a character in a show don't you? Are you suggesting the protocol and rules for being awarded the Purple Heart need to be changed?

After his three month stint in Vietnam, John Kerry participated in anti-war rallies where he threw his medals over the fence of the White House....only the medals weren't really his, he borrowed them from someone else.

That right there explains all you need to know about Kerry. He tries to make a point, but he's too much of a pussy to really go through with it.

Are you using a TV show as a source? You know Frank Burns was just a character in a show don't you? Are you suggesting the protocol and rules for being awarded the Purple Heart need to be changed?

I can see that you really are as stupid as you come across!

If it can be covered with a Band-aid, it is not deserving of as Purple Heart. I guess they should be awarded for cutting yourself while shaving because a Taliban was located in your area code and you were hurrying to get to the chow line.

Why would someone want to wear an honor that they weren't given? To me there isn't a lower act of dishonesty than that.

God bless you and our troops and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. Now if you put it on in memory of whoever it belong to first because they are not here anymore, I can understand that, but any other reason in my opinion couldn't be anymore disrespectful towards those who were brave enough to come forward and "get their hands dirty".

Forum List

Back