Wealth gap widens

I think we all know how you explain it Rabbi - it's because "blacks can't lead".

Well, the obama is giving legitimacy to that claim.

Yes, because one black leader is not, in your eyes, leading well - it means blacks can't lead.

On the same note, since James Buchanan was a lousy leader it follows naturally that white people can't lead.

Of course, instead of defending his racist views Rabbi just neg-repped me instead.

I don't have racist views, moron. That's why I neg repped you.

Well, the obama is giving legitimacy to that claim.

Yes, because one black leader is not, in your eyes, leading well - it means blacks can't lead.

On the same note, since James Buchanan was a lousy leader it follows naturally that white people can't lead.

Of course, instead of defending his racist views Rabbi just neg-repped me instead.

I don't have racist views, moron. That's why I neg repped you.

You don't have racist views, you just believe that Blacks can't lead.

OK then. Of course that's not racist.

This is all bullshit.

Look at the stats based on education. That is the barometer that actually counts. No education means no wealth. President Bush spent more money on education than any other president and the difference is negligible. If you don't pay attention in school and apply yourself you got no one to blame but yourself for your poverty.

If blacks and hispanics have a wealth problem maybe they should look within to find the problem instead of blaming it on everyone else.

Here is an explanation of the real stats and why:

The Land of Opportunity - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

This is all bullshit.

Look at the stats based on education. That is the barometer that actually counts. No education means no wealth. President Bush spent more money on education than any other president and the difference is negligible. If you don't pay attention in school and apply yourself you got no one to blame but yourself for your poverty.

If blacks and hispanics have a wealth problem maybe they should look within to find the problem instead of blaming it on everyone else.

Here is an explanation of the real stats and why:

The Land of Opportunity - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Indeed, a very good explanation. I dunno why everything always has to be about race or policy. Of course stats right now will be a bit skewed because of the economy but it really does boil down to personal responsibility.

Well I guess the question would be since there is a link between the wealth gap and the education gap. Why aren't minorities receiving the same or equivalent education?

But that question is so complicated that it can't be answered referring to personal behavior of an entire class of people. Sure there are slackers but an entire race doesn't have a slacker gene where others don't.

Well I guess the question would be since there is a link between the wealth gap and the education gap. Why aren't minorities receiving the same or equivalent education?

But that question is so complicated that it can't be answered referring to personal behavior of an entire class of people. Sure there are slackers but an entire race doesn't have a slacker gene where others don't.

Admittedly this is far to complicated for me to understand but I will offer my ideas of what needs to be seriously looked at...

Schools
Location of schools
Teachers in those schools
Lack of parental involvement
Union policies keeping poor performing teachers
Cultural acceptance of failure (drop out rate)
Drugs and everything they offer (women money cars fame)
Lack of determination
Single parent issues with too many children
Trapped in a welfare state of mind

And please don't call me racist. I've worked and lived in the inner cities when I was doing schools and I've seen a lot of this first hand. Bottom line is the govt can't fix these issues unless they have a willing partner (the affected population)

The wealth gap between whites and minorities has risen to a historic high, according to new census data analyzed by the Pew Research Center, as the collapse of housing prices more severely affected the net worth of African American and Hispanic households.

The report, which was to be released Tuesday, shows that the recession wreaked havoc on the wealth of all Americans but that whites lost the least amount as a percentage of their holdings.

Between 2005 and 2009, the median net worth of Hispanic households dropped by 66 percent and that of black households fell by 53 percent, according to the report. In contrast, the median net worth of white households dropped by only 16 percent.

The median net worth of a white family now stands at 20 times that of a black family and 18 times that of a Hispanic family — roughly twice the gap that existed before the recession and the biggest gap since data began being collected in 1984.

Wealth gap widens between whites, minorities, report says - The Washington Post
Maybe being smart with their money has more to do with it than race.

The most disturbing part is that the average American worker is becoming more productive, but hasn't seen a parallel increase in income. Its almost blatant outright theft.

Another disturbing part is Dems continuation of class war. For all their bitching, they are doing a great job at making the poor, poorer, the rich, richer, and almost everyone else is stagnating or struggling.

Unless you are uber rich, then you don't belong in Obama's America. All heil, the corporatists, bankers, and the MIC.
You are right. The dimwits lie to us telling us they are out for the average man and the republicans are out for the rich. The fact is the dimwits are as much out for the rich as the republicans, they just do not want us to know it. They are all elitists.

Let me also add this, just as an observation.

I live in Kansas City and we have an upscale (expensive) large open shopping district called The Plaza. On any given school night there are LARGE groups of black youths that roam around between 9 and 11 pm. Arrests are a regular occurrence and one has to wonder why these kids aren't at home in bed.

Then we have a drinking district called Westport. On weekends it is over run with black under aged youths that shouldn't be there at those crazy hours to begin with.

We are also starting to see crimes committed by "flash mobs" of black youths between the ages of 12 and 25.

I submit to you there is a clear cultural problem. Just because you don't see these things in the bubble within which you live does not mean they don't exist.

The most disturbing part is that the average American worker is becoming more productive, but hasn't seen a parallel increase in income. Its almost blatant outright theft.

Another disturbing part is Dems continuation of class war. For all their bitching, they are doing a great job at making the poor, poorer, the rich, richer, and almost everyone else is stagnating or struggling.

Unless you are uber rich, then you don't belong in Obama's America. All heil, the corporatists, bankers, and the MIC.
You are right. The dimwits lie to us telling us they are out for the average man and the republicans are out for the rich. The fact is the dimwits are as much out for the rich as the republicans, they just do not want us to know it. They are all elitists.

Oh c'mon, the obama is for the poor guy, for 38 grand you can attend his birthday party.

The drop in minority wealth came from the drop in the value of homes.

Home prices dropped more in minority neighborhoods.

Chris, the top 1% DO NOT pay a lower rate than the rest of us. That 1% pays 40% of ALL OF THE TAXES.
Where do you get your BS information?

Chris, the top 1% DO NOT pay a lower rate than the rest of us. That 1% pays 40% of ALL OF THE TAXES.

Forbes.....

WASHINGTON, D.C.--The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com

You know how to stop the wealth gap from widening??

ACTUALLY FUCKING ADVANCE YOURSELF, INVEST, ETC, AND MAKE MORE FUCKING MONEY ALL ON YOUR FUCKING OWN... not just looking at others, all while you are green with envy, and whining bitching and moaning about how unfair it is that someone else has something

It is 1 pm here and I have already been to Macon, Ga. a 2 1/2 hour drive each way to interview a witness and stopped in Woodstock, Ga on the way back and interviewed 2 more.
Getting off of one's ASS is the best way to increase one's wealth.
The wealthy get wealthier by doing the exact same things over and over and over that made them wealthy to begin with.
Ditto for the "poor".
No cry babies.

Your just incapable of facing underlying facts eh?

So anyways now based on your latest post I suppose our recession is racist?

The crash in real estate values has widened the wealth gap between whites and the two largest minority groups in the U.S. - Hispanics and blacks - to record levels, according to an analysis of the latest government data by the Pew Research Center.

A disproportionate share of Hispanics live in California, Florida, Nevada and Arizona, which were in the vanguard of the housing real estate market bubble of the 1990s and early 2000s but that have since been among the states experiencing the steepest declines in housing values," the report explains.

Homeownership rates among whites and blacks were little changed in 2009 compared with 2005, however. White home ownership was stable at 74% while the rate among blacks fell by one percentage point to 46%.
Household wealth reflects the balance of the accumulated sum of a household's assets minus the sum of its debt. The wealth gap is likely even more pronounced today than the data reflects given that a much higher proportion of whites than blacks or Hispanics own stocks, as the stock market has rebounded while house values have hovered around historic lows since 2009.

Housing Crisis Destroys Minority Wealth - TheStreet

I think you should get off you fake moral horse and get real. Otherwise start giving your time and money to black causes.

Blacks own fewer houses than whites so of course it hits them harder. Also maybe it says something about the intellect of an individual who takes on a loan they can't afford in the first place. But hey that's what your REDISTRIBUTION policy gets you fool...

I think you should get off you fake moral horse and get real. Otherwise start giving your time and money to black causes.

Blacks own fewer houses than whites so of course it hits them harder. Also maybe it says something about the intellect of an individual who takes on a loan they can't afford in the first place. But hey that's what your REDISTRIBUTION policy gets you fool...

The crash in real estate values has widened the wealth gap between whites and the two largest minority groups in the U.S. - Hispanics and blacks - to record levels, according to an analysis of the latest government data by the Pew Research Center.

A disproportionate share of Hispanics live in California, Florida, Nevada and Arizona, which were in the vanguard of the housing real estate market bubble of the 1990s and early 2000s but that have since been among the states experiencing the steepest declines in housing values," the report explains.

Homeownership rates among whites and blacks were little changed in 2009 compared with 2005, however. White home ownership was stable at 74% while the rate among blacks fell by one percentage point to 46%.
Household wealth reflects the balance of the accumulated sum of a household's assets minus the sum of its debt. The wealth gap is likely even more pronounced today than the data reflects given that a much higher proportion of whites than blacks or Hispanics own stocks, as the stock market has rebounded while house values have hovered around historic lows since 2009.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1119...-destroys-minority-wealth.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN

Forbes.....

WASHINGTON, D.C.--The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics. The average federal tax bite on the top 400 was 30% in 1995 and 23% in 2002.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com

Do they teach math where you went to school Chris?
400 folks is not 1% of taxpayers.
That equals .0000057 of the taxpayers.
If they taxed 100% in taxes of those 400 it would run the government for 4 days.
Try again with something, anything of substance Chris. Respectfully, you have come to the table with nothing.

What part of fewer minorities own houses because fewer have good educations do you not understand? You can post any article you wish but if it doesn't address the underlying problems causing the issue there is no point.

Your party just doesn't understand the value of hard work and determination I guess. I sold off 3 company vehicles in the past 2 years to stay afloat.

Forum List

Back