Wealth gap widens

Yeah - all those people losing their homes and 9.2% unemployment - all a myth. :cuckoo:

Yeah, we know white people were hit the hardest with home loss and unemployment thats why they have a higher foreclosure rate and higher unemployment rate, :rolleyes:

It isn't a contest as to who has it worse. The issue that white or black people are suffering economically. And Obama's policies are the prime cause.

True, but in all fairness that's what this thread is about.

And Obama's policies are the prime cause.

This makes no sense – they’re the same as Bush’s policies. Or McCain’s.

Really?
Bush fired the CEO of a corporation? Bush subverted bankruptcy law to reward UAW workers? Bush passed a huge expensive mandate on employers? Bush passed a huge revamping of the entire lending system in this country? Bush vilified the CEO of BP and countless other companies, named and unnamed? Bush passed big tax increases?
You really need to come up for air now and then.

The right will argue that welfare and other government subsidies dampen the incentive to work. However it also dampens the incentive to riot and steal. The seeds of revolution are hunger disease and despair. Societies learned long ago that the best way to keep the poor from burning down their cites and spreading infectious diseases was to see to it that they had the basic necessities of life. Hopefully we won't have to learn this all over again.

If that were the case how do you explain the LA riots, that occurred after decades of expensive gov't programs?
Riots occur largely because people have nothing better to do, and because they have nothing at stake. No one burns down his own business for political purposes.
Welfare subsidies both keep people from working (the marginal tax rates become about 100%) and keep them out of the economic system, giving them nothing to lose.
We need to see that people have access to the basic necessities of life preferable through jobs. But if there are no jobs, subsidies are the only alternative. The lack of jobs or subsidies are the cause of the food riots this year in Algeria and Tunisia. It was not a burning desire for liberty that fueled the French Revolution. It was starvation. There would have never been a Russian revolution, it the people had decent food, housing, and working conditions. The real reasons for government social welfare programs today is not so much a desire to assist the poor but rather a desire to protect the rest of society. There is much written of the benevolent social welfare work in the 17th and 18th century in London. However, the real motivation was fear of disease, fire, and crime that motivated society.
Public assistance should be available ONLY to those who CANNOT work or otherwise unable to earn a living.
Not being able to advance oneself from a low wage job is not an excuse to seek access to the public trough.
The system is being defrauded to the extent that fraud is so pervasive it borders on the ridiculous. Also, the sheer number of federal employees in place to administer social programs is helping to bankrupt the country. Government jobs must be reduced. This would allow more dollars to get to the people that actually need them instead of the entrenched lifetime government worker who's job is to find ways to keep his or her job.
If those on the side of government entitlements want to see these continue, they must find ways to reduce the cost of the programs. If that means eliminating government jobs, so be it. We can no longer afford nor will sit by and watch our tax dollars be thrown down the black hole of deficit spending. It is no longer acceptable.

The Washington DC public school system...Highest per pupil rate of any school district in the US..Over $15k per year.
DC schools have one the highest drop out rates for high schoolers.

Highest of any district in the US? You're kidding me.

The entire state of NY averages $18,126. My district (not in NY) is $16,142.
Opps!!!!
I erred....Read up buttercup.
It's TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND per student.....
The Real Cost Of Public Schools

The point is public school funding has far outpaced any other type of public expenditure yet student performance in some of the most expensive to fund districts has not improved much if at all.
The issue at hand here is to illustrate the fact that problems are not solved by throwing money at them.
Yes, we all agree that funding is necessary. There needs to be a total rework of fiscal restraint. All government should be held accountable for the money it spends.
The prevailing attitude amongst most elected officials seems to be "look, you people just never mind what we are doing. You put us in office to make decisions for you."
That is no longer acceptable.

I thought Obama was the big threat to white American prosperity?
If you're here to fire out the race card as though you were a dealer for a Texas Hold 'Em tournament, you can stop right now. We(conservatives and other logical people) no longer respond to charges of racism.
If you don't like that approach, tough shit.

Yeah - all those people losing their homes and 9.2% unemployment - all a myth. :cuckoo:

Yeah, we know white people were hit the hardest with home loss and unemployment thats why they have a higher foreclosure rate and higher unemployment rate, :rolleyes:

It isn't a contest as to who has it worse. The issue that white or black people are suffering economically. And Obama's policies are the prime cause.
Don;t get into this with Bass. That person is nothing but a race baiting bigot.

In 1950, the inflation-adjusted income of blacks was $9,775
By 2004, it was $23,411. That's a much faster rate of growth than among whites.

What is it you were saying about minorities becoming poorer?

Why do you start with 1950, you lying sack of shit? Why not 1968 when the Great Society began?

Eh, OK my little racist piece of shit. let's start with 1968, shall we?

in 2009 dollars:
1968 median income: about 26,000.
2009: 32,584.

During that same period, whites went from about 48K to about 54K.

You stupid bastard.
It is YOU who are the racist. With every post you must bring race into the discussion.
You had better take care in your tone, sir. Don't open a can of worms.
Dial it down.

Whatever are you talking about? I agree with about 95% of what he wrote (and that's rather odd, because he and I rarely agree.)

And need I remind you who started with the insulting? Oh right, that was you. Quit lying.

Your own posts disagree with what Gadawg wrote. Either you don't understand what he writes or you don't understand what you write. Possibly both.
Blacks still get denied for mortgages more often than whites. That has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with credit scores and income and spending patterns. And that is despite, not because of, government programs.
Yes, but according to the PC Lefties, lending standards are inherently racist.
Who said that?

Why do you start with 1950, you lying sack of shit? Why not 1968 when the Great Society began?

in 2009 dollars:

You stupid bastard.

Thanks, you clueless moron. You have proven that the War on Poverty is a failure.
The growth rate from 1950, 15 years before the Great Society started, was far faster than the period after the great society started.

You're really this dumb, aren't ya? By your reckoning, the period from 1968 to now was also bad for whites because white incomes grew slower than in the 1950's.

The most disturbing part is that the average American worker is becoming more productive, but hasn't seen a parallel increase in income. Its almost blatant outright theft.

Another disturbing part is Dems continuation of class war. For all their bitching, they are doing a great job at making the poor, poorer, the rich, richer, and almost everyone else is stagnating or struggling.

Unless you are uber rich, then you don't belong in Obama's America. All heil, the corporatists, bankers, and the MIC.

I wonder if all these stats referencing "average American worker" includes the average illegal alien?
If we get 12 million illegals to go home, I'll bet that makes all these stats look much better.

The Washington DC public school system...Highest per pupil rate of any school district in the US..Over $15k per year.
DC schools have one the highest drop out rates for high schoolers.

Highest of any district in the US? You're kidding me.

The entire state of NY averages $18,126. My district (not in NY) is $16,142.
Opps!!!!
I erred....Read up buttercup.
It's TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND per student.....
The Real Cost Of Public Schools

Well, using that Metric I'm sure NY would be 30K or so.

The point is public school funding has far outpaced any other type of public expenditure yet student performance in some of the most expensive to fund districts has not improved much if at all.

Public school funding has outpaced public any other type of public expenditure? Where do you come up with this stuff?

in 2009 dollars:

You stupid bastard.
It is YOU who are the racist. With every post you must bring race into the discussion.
Dial it down.

"You had better take care in your tone, sir"? What the fuck are you talking about?

As for who the racist here is, let's be frank: It's Rabbi. He's the one who defends to the teeth his claim that black people aren't capable of leading.

If you'd like to spend your time defending that kind of racist tripe, have at it. just don't expect anyone to respect or accept it.

Your own posts disagree with what Gadawg wrote. Either you don't understand what he writes or you don't understand what you write. Possibly both.
Blacks still get denied for mortgages more often than whites. That has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with credit scores and income and spending patterns. And that is despite, not because of, government programs.
Who said that?
Please do not play the stupid card....Here's an article that is written with an obvious bias. The proces works this way. The reporter has an idea. He/she takes it the editor. Editor approves with the following condition, get the story.
So the reporter seeks out information that fits the type of story approved by the editorial staff.
So in this story, the writer makes the blanket statement that loan apps for blacks even in upper income( for example the one that earned over $70k per year) but never bothered to go into the details. The reporter never went to the lender to investigate as to why the application was denied.
In another part, a 75 year old woman on a fixed income of just $1200 per month was denied a refi that would have cost her $640 per month. Gee I wonder why.
The reporter wanted to run a story that lenders are racist and that's that.
This is precisely what I referred to when I stated that the Left considers loan apps denied to minorities as inherently racist....Well-off blacks denied loans more than low-income whites
Here's another article that starts out labeling denials as racist but does then go on to explain credit worthiness is not just about the individual credit score.
Racism In Lending Mortgage Loans

in 2009 dollars:

You stupid bastard.

Thanks, you clueless moron. You have proven that the War on Poverty is a failure.
The growth rate from 1950, 15 years before the Great Society started, was far faster than the period after the great society started.

You're really this dumb, aren't ya? By your reckoning, the period from 1968 to now was also bad for whites because white incomes grew slower than in the 1950's.

That's true. High taxation and high gov't regulations have retarded growth for everyone.
Glad you finally see that.

in 2009 dollars:

You stupid bastard.
Dial it down.

"You had better take care in your tone, sir"? What the fuck are you talking about?

As for who the racist here is, let's be frank: It's Rabbi. He's the one who defends to the teeth his claim that black people aren't capable of leading.

If you'd like to spend your time defending that kind of racist tripe, have at it. just don't expect anyone to respect or accept it.

You're a liar. And a racist.
And stupid to boot. That's a bad combination, s0n.

Who said that?
Please do not play the stupid card....Here's an article that is written with an obvious bias. The proces works this way. The reporter has an idea. He/she takes it the editor. Editor approves with the following condition, get the story.
So the reporter seeks out information that fits the type of story approved by the editorial staff.
So in this story, the writer makes the blanket statement that loan apps for blacks even in upper income( for example the one that earned over $70k per year) but never bothered to go into the details. The reporter never went to the lender to investigate as to why the application was denied.
In another part, a 75 year old woman on a fixed income of just $1200 per month was denied a refi that would have cost her $640 per month. Gee I wonder why.
The reporter wanted to run a story that lenders are racist and that's that.
This is precisely what I referred to when I stated that the Left considers loan apps denied to minorities as inherently racist....Well-off blacks denied loans more than low-income whites
Here's another article that starts out labeling denials as racist but does then go on to explain credit worthiness is not just about the individual credit score.
Racism In Lending Mortgage Loans

Let me see if I have this right: You can't find anyone claiming that lending standards are inherently racist, so you go to an article that demonstrates that credit worthiness is based on more than just credit scores?

OK then, thanks.

Forum List

Back