"We will be welcomed as liberators..."

Why do leftists demonize Halliburton? What proof exists of their claims of corruption? What exactly has Halliburton done to profit from American military casualties? Indeed, have they profited from military casualties? Is there a special relationship between the Bush administration and Halliburton so that the company receives contracts without observing the normal bidding process?

It is certainly true that during a two year period Halliburton’s revenue from Defense Department contracts doubled. However, that increase in revenue occurred from 1998 to 2000 - during the Clinton administration.

In 1998, Halliburton's total revenue was $14.5 billion, which included $284 million of Pentagon contracts. Two years later, Halliburton’s DoD contracts more than doubled.

Regarding the Iraq contracts, Halliburton was accused by Democrats of receiving special "no-bid" contracts because of Cheney’s influence. One advertisement by the Democrats charged, "Bush gave contracts to Halliburton instead of fighting corporate corruption."

FactCheck.org an organization which ascertains the validity of political campaign advertisements researched this accusation. According to FactCheck, "The Bush administration is doing a fair amount to fight corporate corruption, convicting or indicting executives of Enron, Arthur Andersen, Tyco International, Worldcom, Adelphia Communications Corporation, Credit Suisse First Boston, HealthSouth Corporation and others, including Martha Stewart. The Department of Justice says it has brought charges against 20 executives of Enron alone, and its Corporate Fraud Task Force says it has won convictions of more than 250 persons to date. Bush also signed the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in 2002, imposing stringent new accounting rules in the wake of the Arthur Andersen scandal."

When Factcheck.org checked the facts about allegations by Democrats that there was a scandal because of the "no-bid" contracts awarded to Halliburton they stated, "It is false to imply that Bush personally awarded a contract to Halliburton. The ‘no-bid contract’ in question is actually an extension of an earlier contract to support U.S. troops overseas that Halliburton won under open bidding. In fact, the notion that Halliburton benefited from any cronyism has been poo-poohed by a Harvard University professor, Steven Kelman, who was administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy in the Clinton administration. ‘One would be hard-pressed to discover anyone with a working knowledge of how federal contracts are awarded...who doesn't regard these allegations as being somewhere between highly improbable and utterly absurd,’ Kelman wrote in the Washington Post last November."

http://www.factcheck.org/

An L.A. Times op-ed of April 22 said, "Halliburton Received No-Bid Contracts During Clinton Administration For Work In Bosnia And Kosovo." An October 2003 article in the (Raleigh, NC) News & Observer quoted Bill Clinton's Undersecretary Of Commerce William Reinsch as saying "'Halliburton has a distinguished track record,' he said. 'They do business in some 120 countries. This is a group of people who know what they're doing in a difficult business. It's a particularly difficult business when people are shooting at you.'"

If Democrats want to investigate a scandal involving Iraq they should devote their efforts to the UN "Oil-for-Food" program instead of Halliburton. However, they will not because Saddam Hussein is not a candidate in this presidential election.

Kerry Attacks Cheney Through His Business Ties to Halliburton - Page 2 - Los Angeles Times

-----------------------------

Every time some sack of shit liberal pulls the cliche of "Halliburton" out, just save this and shove it in their stupid ignorant faces. Factcheck.org plus LA Times article shows their lies. They have nothing but their little bag of cliches, almost all of which are flat out lies.

Obama administration approves No-Bid Halliburton Contract...

LiveLeak.com - Obama administration approves No-Bid Halliburton Contract...

Obama administration approves No-Bid Halliburton Contract

you have got to be kidding

Liberals way of saying Saddam Hussein was really actually a good guy. No other way to put it really.

Liberals, continue to reveal their double talk, hypocrisy and their ignorance on a daily basis.

However, since their view is so "popular" they believe they are right.

What are they right about? I am not sure. That they were right that Iraq was a great place with Saddam Hussein.

Ahhh, you would think that a cocksucking cocksucker like rightwinger would hold it against Hillary for voting for the war, and propagating the existence of wmds before Bush took office, but he does not.

Almost as though they have no clue that the UN concluded that Saddam was guilty of violating 17 resolutions of the UN. Well, that does not matter since an ignorant ass like rightwinger has no clue why the League of Nations was dissolved and why the Treaty of Versailles became irrelevant.

Oh never mind. Let the left hoot and holler while being hypocrites. That is all they do afterall. I mean other than relying on their never ending list of cliches since they have no ability to think for themselves while they glorify tyrants and ignore the world falling to pieces under this pussy in chief they voted for.

Last edited:
Cheney was not "enriched" by the war in Iraq. Get some new bumper-stickers.

I wonder, champ, did you EVER speak to any Iraqi citizens BEFORE the war? EVER?

No, Halliburton made billions, as did KBR; not Cheney, the fact that he left office worth ten times more than when he entered office, just a lucky accident. Spending every penny he made & then some on a lavish life made him money.

His Haliburton stock was placed into a trust when he became VP. When he left office and cashed out that stock he donated all the profit that had accrued to charity. He has donated more to charity any any liberal on this site ever will - combined, and a hell of a lot more than obama ever thought of donating.

To a hospital named after himself; still a generous donation. He did get a tax write off, as for "every liberal" etc., that would take to long to go into. The Trust was in his children's name I believe. As for Obama, yes, he should ramp up his charitable giving, no doubt.

Time for Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz to be rounded up and prosecuted for lying and spending our treasures both human and currency.

The military generals they supposedly consulted told them that sectarian violence and war would begin again after we left. But nope, too much money to make for Halliburton, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, KBR, on and on.

It is terrible to realize that there are tens of thousands of vets realizing that they were maimed for abso-fucking-lutely nothing except to enrich the Cheneys of this country.

the opinions of no shit please are ITS view only

Yes I did.

No, you didn't. Here it is.

You don't like the answer. The ISIS are grand liberators according to my Iraqi contacts(who I have been in close contact with with instant messaging and snapchat; having a live feed to the events and all the major players).

The sunni do like ISIS. The Shi'ites are going to kill them if the two come into battle in front of Baghdad.

Iran will tolerate no major sunni influence in Iraq because of what they learned from Saddam.

Oh, Steinie, STFU: you have no Iraqi contacts.

Almost as though they have no clue that the UN concluded that Saddam was guilty of violating 17 resolutions of the UN.r.

Be that as it may, the POTUS is ONLY authorized to execute US LAW , not UN resolutions. Let the UN attempt to enforce its resolutions. Nothing prevented you from grabbing your firearm and duffel bag and helping the UN folks out.

Stop bullshitting.

No, Halliburton made billions, as did KBR; not Cheney, the fact that he left office worth ten times more than when he entered office, just a lucky accident. Spending every penny he made & then some on a lavish life made him money.

His Haliburton stock was placed into a trust when he became VP. When he left office and cashed out that stock he donated all the profit that had accrued to charity. He has donated more to charity any any liberal on this site ever will - combined, and a hell of a lot more than obama ever thought of donating.

To a hospital named after himself; still a generous donation.

And part of it went to a charity serving inner city children. Oh, but he's just a cartoon villain to the hysterical, uninformed left (examples abound here - just mention his name and watch the show).

U.S. forces in Iraq were indeed welcomed as liberators. Their reception as occupiers was considerably less enthusiastic. Infidel colonialism isn't welcome in the Arab world, whether the infidels are Christians, Jews, or Marxists. We still haven't figured that out I guess.

Get off the website disgusting troll.

Let me guess, if I ask two more times you will suddenly remember that you gave $7m to charity last year, right? :rolleyes:

7.5 million actually.But go on.

You didn't provide one. Here is the question AGAIN:

"did you EVER speak to any Iraqi citizens BEFORE the war? EVER?"

I have had contacts in the country since before the first war in the 1990. Previous members of the Baath Party. Just did an instagram chat with a former rear admiral in the Iraqi Navy. Getting non-stop updates to my IPhone, I might as well sync it to my central nervous system at this point.

How interesting that you didn't think up...I mean mention...that the first time I asked... :eusa_whistle:
Who are your contacts?

Just got off Twitter with an ISIS buck private for my most recent update.

'We Will, In Fact, Be Greeted As Liberators' - Cheney

Mr. Russert: If your analysis is not correct, and we're not treated as liberators, but as conquerors, and the Iraqis begin to resist, particularly in Baghdad, do you think the American people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties?

Vice President Cheney: Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators. I've talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House. The president and I have met with them, various groups and individuals, people who have devoted their lives from the outside to trying to change things inside Iraq. And like Kanan Makiya who's a professor at Brandeis, but an Iraqi, he's written great books about the subject, knows the country intimately, and is a part of the democratic opposition and resistance. The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to the get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that.

Forum List

Back