We want our country back!

I don't like either party, they both screw up just about everything they touch. But some of the "issues" that float around are too ridiculous for words. :rolleyes:

Awesome. So did you vote for a 3rd Party candidate for President in 2008?

Nope. Not this time.
I have in the past, but there was nobody worth looking at this time around. I'd love to see a third party run somebody other than an extremist or a one-trick pony. You know, somebody who might have a prayer of doing the job if elected.

No bias. You can continue with the insults until you're blue in the face, but it's not going to help your cause. The problem with most Americans (like yourself) is that you want to choose the 'winning team', even though they don't necessarily represents what you believe. In the end, it comes down to who you think will not screw up the most. Obviously, the Republicans screwed-up as I've said. Now we see the dangers of electing someone who runs on such meaningless mantras as 'hope and change'.

Here's the fact: the country leans slightly right. Those who are in office do not represent the majority. Insult me all you want, deny the truth all you want, but you will not change that fact.

Your part of the country leans slightly right, Xsited. Other parts slightly left. Overall, we tend to stagger right around that yellow line down the center.
I fail to see how "hope" and "change" are an issue. It was a campaign slogan. What did you expect? "We're fucked" and "Just like the other guy"?

We actually 'stagger' a bit to the right, but let's not let that get in the way. Hope and Change were definitely an issue because people actually bought it. You don't have to tell me what to expect. I already knew! I just wish others had known, but Americans seem to be getting dumber all the time.

Says who? I hear a lot of talking heads say this is a center right country, but does that make it true?
Where yoiu live does tend to lean right. Where others on here live it tends to lean right. But don't make the mistake of thinking the entire country is like your backyard.

I don't like either party, they both screw up just about everything they touch. But some of the "issues" that float around are too ridiculous for words. :rolleyes:

Nope. Not this time.
I have in the past, but there was nobody worth looking at this time around. I'd love to see a third party run somebody other than an extremist or a one-trick pony. You know, somebody who might have a prayer of doing the job if elected.

Thankfully, you didn't vote for McCain or Obama. (I hope!) I left the President check boxes blank on the ballot. I usually vote for the Libertarian candidate, but they decided to run a Republican in 2008.

Your part of the country leans slightly right, Xsited. Other parts slightly left. Overall, we tend to stagger right around that yellow line down the center.
I fail to see how "hope" and "change" are an issue. It was a campaign slogan. What did you expect? "We're fucked" and "Just like the other guy"?

We actually 'stagger' a bit to the right, but let's not let that get in the way. Hope and Change were definitely an issue because people actually bought it. You don't have to tell me what to expect. I already knew! I just wish others had known, but Americans seem to be getting dumber all the time.

Says who? I hear a lot of talking heads say this is a center right country, but does that make it true?
Where yoiu live does tend to lean right. Where others on here live it tends to lean right. But don't make the mistake of thinking the entire country is like your backyard.

There have been several polls to suggest the country leans right of center. If you don't believe the polls, then obviously that would not make it true for you. And my backyard votes for Democrats. We have one Republican member of Congress. Even the Governor is a left-leaning Democrat. So if I thought the entire country was like my backyard, I'd think it leans left of center.

Nope. Not this time.

Thankfully, you didn't vote for McCain or Obama. (I hope!) I left the President check boxes blank on the ballot. I usually vote for the Libertarian candidate, but they decided to run a Republican in 2008.

Actually I agree with a lot of the classic libertarian philosophy. These modern Libs though, they;ve been corrupted as much as the others. There are still some classic Libertarians among them, but like the conservatives and the liberals too many are of the "neo" variety. In their case yes, that makes them pretty much Republicans.

There have been several polls to suggest the country leans right of center. If you don't believe the polls, then obviously that would not make it true for you. And my backyard votes for Democrats. We have one Republican member of Congress. Even the Governor is a left-leaning Democrat. So if I thought the entire country was like my backyard, I'd think it leans left of center.

I don't do polls, so I couldn't tell you. They're too easily manipulated, with too many variables, and basically meaningless as far as I'm concerned.
I think it's obvious the country is geographically divided as "left" and "right" with a few mixed areas left. People tend to believe what they see every day is the norm. Sounds like that's an overgeneralization, but with some truth to it. No, I don't believe this is a center-hyphen-anything country, not as a whole and over time. It evens itself out.

I have to admit, Republicans do confuse me.

Republicans confuse me as well. They used to be our last line of defense against Leftist wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid until they let LBJ-style Necons take over the party. We don't need a Democrat and a Democrat-lite party, especially since the country leans slightly to the Right. The majority of Americans want their country back, not just the Republicans.

The MAJORITY of Americans NEVER lose their country - because the majority elects who they choose.
Just because you are in the minority now, you whine.
Typical.
The majority of Americans elected a Democratic House, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic President.
Don't like it? Get enough votes and change it. It's not YOUR country - it is OUR country and the majority gets what the majority wants.

And, unfortunetly, sometimes what they deserve.

The MAJORITY of Americans NEVER lose their country - because the majority elects who they choose.
Just because you are in the minority now, you whine.
Typical.
The majority of Americans elected a Democratic House, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic President.
Don't like it? Get enough votes and change it. It's not YOUR country - it is OUR country and the majority gets what the majority wants.

Uh, no. The last few elections, the majority of the country has elected the lesser of two evils. The only reason Bush was elected for the 2nd terms was because John Kerry was running. And the only reason Obama was elected was because of John McCain and Sarah Palin (and, of course, Bush). Now his approval rating is - drum roll please - less than 50%. The same applies to Congress.

Yeah yeah you can try to spin a rationalization but it's just empty rhetoric. Obama was elected, a Democratic majority was elected in both the House and Senate. And only one hyper-partisan pole has Obama's approval below 50 - every other polling orgainzation has him above 50.

The fact that you discount every other poll EXCEPT the one that mirrors your bias calls your "facts" into serious question. Regardless - we do not elect our government by conducting a poll - we elect our leaders by conducting an election. They won - you lost. Stop whining and pretending your a majority and get off your butt and MAKE YOURSELVES a majority.

Until then - you're just a pathetic whiner.

Do you know how much you sound like nancy pelosi?
Hyper partisan poll...hardly....but you can look at any poll you want and see Obama's numbers sliding, and sliding. By the way, Xsited is right in the way that America has been voting. They have been voting for the lesser of 2 evils, that is a fact.
I find it it funny about stop the whining crap, the democtrats did it for the last 8 years nonstop. The republicans did it for the prior 8 years before that, and the democrats were whining the prior 12 years before that. Under the Carter years, everyone was whining. :lol:

If you believe the radical left is currently irrelevant you best go look at most of Obama's czars again.

Forum List

Back