We should unite with libs and take to the streets on Port issue!

OCA said:
Lol my "valid" and "extremely legitimate" reasons are all over the place in every publication in America and abroad, substantiated in a thousand different ways. Please don't claim that you have not seen anything factual that makes this an extremely bad deal for America, that would be disingenous, a lie perhaps.

Please show me where Dildo has demonstrated the benefits to America if this deal goes through.
What would you like to see happen? Government assuming control of the ports?

OCA said:
Your position on this topic in and of itself endangers every single American. Care to explain why you take such a reckless stance on national security?

I haven't---I am am merely trying to dispel some lies that reduce rational debate into silly putty, posting links to articles that also speak to the irrational treatment this issue is getting and trying to get some clear idea of why people oppose this deal so vehemently.

The ClayTaurus said:
What would you like to see happen? Government assuming control of the ports?

Heck are you paying attention? This company taking over is a Dubai government run company, no difference. Now to answer your question, no, I would not like a government takeover of port operations foriegn or domestic, I would like to see a private American company takeover but if it had to be a government entity running i'd surely rather it be American.

Its like this, you don't invite a suspected child offender over to babysit your kids, the case is the same here. As far as i'm concerned we cannot possibly know who is our friends in the M.E. given the current situation, cannot possibly know who is and is not infiltrated by Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups, the risks FAR outweight any cloudy benefits there might be to this.

Err excuse me, my bad, its a U.A.E run company, Dubai being the big city there.

OCA said:
Heck are you paying attention? This company taking over is a Dubai government run company, no difference. Now to answer your question, no, I would not like a government takeover of port operations foriegn or domestic, I would like to see a private American company takeover but if it had to be a government entity running i'd surely rather it be American.

Its like this, you don't invite a suspected child offender over to babysit your kids, the case is the same here. As far as i'm concerned we cannot possibly know who is our friends in the M.E. given the current situation, cannot possibly know who is and is not infiltrated by Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups, the risks FAR outweight any cloudy benefits there might be to this.

:clap1:

dilloduck said:
I haven't---I am am merely trying to dispel some lies that reduce rational debate into silly putty, posting links to articles that also speak to the irrational treatment this issue is getting and trying to get some clear idea of why people oppose this deal so vehemently.

How do you know so positively they are lies, got any proof?

OCA said:

I understand what you're saying, but if there isn't a US company willing (or able) to do it, then what? That's not a justification for UAE, but a just a plain old question. What alternatives exist? Does anyone have anything besides hypotheticals?

The ClayTaurus said:
I understand what you're saying, but if there isn't a US company willing (or able) to do it, then what? That's not a justification for UAE, but a just a plain old question. What alternatives exist? Does anyone have anything besides hypotheticals?

What do you think clay? The only reasonable thing is to Let the government of a possible terrorsit nation run our ports?

The ClayTaurus said:

Well here is what I would propose if I had any say in this deal: I say scrap the current deal, start the process over and open it up for bids again. I'm willing to bet everyting I have in this world that now that this is out in the open and not being done in a dark hallway somewhere in Washington that we would see a substantial number of bids come in from American companies.

rtwngAvngr said:
What do you think clay? The only reasonable thing is to Let the government of a possible terrorsit nation run our ports?

This thing is fucking psycho. I cannot believe that in this day and age our leaders would even fucking consider this, makes me sick to think about it. Seriously, I think people who support this have a screw loose.

rtwngAvngr said:
I want some sort of idea from all of you representatives of the idea party. It's nothing but criticism, which makes you no better than a Dem. We can manage the war better! :banana2:

The ClayTaurus said:
I want some sort of idea from all of you representatives of the idea party. It's nothing but criticism, which makes you no better than a Dem. We can manage the war better! :banana2:

No. we've given several suggestions. From OTHER foreign countries NOT terrorist, to nationalization of our own port.

WHy can't you be a human being for once and contribute.

dilloduck said:
Interesting---you didn't even mention which truth you were talking about.

Funny, you sidestep every direct question posed to you but that has always been a pattern with you, but I digress.......the truth is is we are in a war, a war without borders, without nationalities and the only 1 true thing about our enemy is is that 99% of em reside in the M.E., the same M.E. of which this country sits right smack dab in the middle of. Now if you can vouch for every single citizen of that country being a standup person then thats cool, but if there is 1, just one that you can't vouch for then I say its not worth the risk.

The ClayTaurus said:

I gave you my idea a few posts back, read and give me your thoughts.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. we've given several suggestions. From OTHER foreign countries NOT terrorist, to nationalization of our own port.

WHy can't you be a human being for once and contribute.
Those are all hypotheticals with no amount of critical thinking involved. Of course we'd all like an American company to run the ports. No one knows if it's feasible. Including me.

The ClayTaurus said:
Those are all hypotheticals with no amount of critical thinking involved. Of course we'd all like an American company to run the ports. No one knows if it's feasible. Including me.

No critical thinking involved? Are you the critical thinking cop? Get a grip.

OCA said:
I gave you my idea a few posts back, read and give me your thoughts.
I think your point about rebidding it is a good one, as it would be good pub for companies, however, I fear that cost will ultimately make it very difficult for any company to actually put together any kind of a reasonable package at an acceptable price that will ultimately get accepted. Ideally we could just throw whatever it financially takes at the problem; but the fact is, we can't.

OCA said:
No critical thinking involved? Are you the critical thinking cop? Get a grip.
Cop or not, it's true. I don't want UAE to do it. I'd rather have a staunch ally do it! Well, no shit.

The ClayTaurus said:
Cop or not, it's true. I don't want UAE to do it. I'd rather have a staunch ally do it! Well, no shit.

Yeah sometimes the OBVIOUS has to be stated as the current truth is being clouded up by the administration, such as that beautiful little diddy by GW that you are a racist and not a patriot if you are against this deal....ol' GW is taking play 101 right out of the Dems playbook, kind of like with Katrina when he was being told he wasn't handling it right....his response? " i'll show y'all, here I can write out a big fat check for hundreds of billions, how y'all like that?"

This shit makes me lose hope for this country.

OCA said:
Well here is what I would propose if I had any say in this deal: I say scrap the current deal, start the process over and open it up for bids again. I'm willing to bet everyting I have in this world that now that this is out in the open and not being done in a dark hallway somewhere in Washington that we would see a substantial number of bids come in from American companies.

I hear what you're saying about openness. That was my biggest complaint about this whole thing from the beginning. But bids on government contracts - to include the identities of the bidding companies - are not public knowledge during the bidding process. So even if it was rebid, we'd never know if an American company bid on it until the award, unless they handed out a press release.

Forum List

Back