We really need to understand there are differences

But you didn't give me the solution.

Nyoo. Natty C Said: By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism.

So. The solution is simple. Stop doing that.

I gave you the solution.

No. You perpetuated the problem. You're still encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality. Therefore, your obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

If blacks think slavery was so terrible then they should quit voting for the party of slavery.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - "Republicans and the Black vote"​
That's no excuse to vote for the party of slavery.

The last time the Democrats imposed slavery on the American people was during the Vietnam war. Although people of all races were enslaved and sent overseas as cannon fodder, blacks were more likely to be drafted and once enslaved, more likely to be assigned to combat units and thus more likely than others to be injured, captured or killed.

Yet, stupidly, they still vote for the party of slavery.

But you didn't give me the solution.

Nyoo. Natty C Said: By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism.

So. The solution is simple. Stop doing that.

I gave you the solution.

No. You perpetuated the problem. You're still encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality. Therefore, your obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

The nation was founded on and has maintained a group mentality since at east July 4th , 1776. All you are doing here is trying to tell others to stop doing what you are going to continue to do. I am not obsessed with anything nor is my saying I am black racist. Whites seem to think thy can make y up what racism is at anytime they want. You can't.

If blacks think slavery was so terrible then they should quit voting for the party of slavery.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

The last time the Democrats imposed slavery on the American people was during the Vietnam war. Although people of all races were enslaved and sent overseas as cannon fodder, blacks were more likely to be drafted and once enslaved, more likely to be assigned to combat units and thus more likely than others to be injured, captured or killed.

You can stop trying to tell that lie. It's not working for you republicans.

It's not a lie. Look up the stats.

For too many times here I have argued with mods about the content here in this section. Far too many times I get responses back with false equivalences of equal racism between blacks and whites. I think we need to understand that there is a difference here and an important distinction needs to be made relative to this matter.

What we call racism by standard has been a general belief by whites not based on anything but a shared ideal that certain people are inferior to whites, What is referred to as black racism is the angry response to people who tell us we are inferior.

There is a major difference and intelligent adults should be able to recognize that difference and try understanding how you would feel if you were the group told how you were all stupid, that your race has never done anything, and that if not for the white man you'd be nothing. I don't think you'd appreciate being called a racist for saying your race is superior after reading pages of how inferior you are to whites in every way. Only a human with no personal pride would accept this kind if constant denigration without fighting back. Yet here blacks doing this are called racists.

Blacks did not choose to come here on the Mayflower with a belief they were superior and more civilized than everyone else. We were bought here on ships like the Amistad then sold into lifetime bondage because of that belief. Then after slavery was made illegal whites created another system on inequality that continued to enforce that same belief for an additional 100 plus years. Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .

Here is a woman professional who has spent years proving what you just said is spot on!

JANE ELLIOTT ON RACISM

By Jenny Chhea, LDIR Intern

"Watching Oprah Winfrey’s show from 1992 that had a segment of Jane Elliot talking about race in America made me look at race at a whole new perspective again.

In this video, Jane Elliott – a white women – claims that she herself is racist because she was born and raised in a racial society. Explaining her experiment as a teacher to her students, she explains how in her blue-eye/brown-eye experiment to teach diversity training, brown eyed people are separated from blue eyed people and are treated as people of color. But treated in this perspective – unable to speak to the blue-eyed folks, unable to question any authority, and not allowed to play on the playground – her students become angry, feeling shocked and oppressed by the experiment.

Jane Elliott further goes on to reveal to the audience other forms of how racism is institutionalized in our society. It is institutionalized in our education. “Brown eyed” people contribute to our society, but only in the education system are we taught about white contributions. Racism exists in the form of cartography – where in social science maps, the United States is in the center and Greenland is shown as a large island even bigger than South America. Band-Aid colors are based on the color of white flesh – not people of color. Peach color pantyhoes are sold as “nude” to represent the nude color of whites, not people of color. When in elementary school we try to color our skin in our drawings – we use a peach color to color our faces – not yellow, brown, or black.

By the fact that this is from 1992 shows that our struggles are still continuing. It is now 2013 and today we still face these problems of racism – even when people claim that our society is post racial." MORE:

For those interested in contacting Ms. Elliot, this link addresses the details of her workshop. It could be an eye opening experience for many of the people here who apparently are too eager to dismiss their social conditioning As a figment of your imagination.
Jane Elliott's Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes Exercise - Workshops

While professor Ellis's workshop is a compelling dramatization of casual factors contributing to racism in this country, it still falls short.
How so? Easy...! it hasn't dawned upon her that using the term "white" to describe fair skinned humans carries the inference of superiority over those humans with skin tones darker than a paper bag. Even after using examples of "nude" colored pantyhose and "peach" colored crayons to drive her point home... the apparition of whiteness lurks in the background and it seems destined to stay there for a long time... At least until 2050 or so.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
T
For too many times here I have argued with mods about the content here in this section. Far too many times I get responses back with false equivalences of equal racism between blacks and whites. I think we need to understand that there is a difference here and an important distinction needs to be made relative to this matter.

What we call racism by standard has been a general belief by whites not based on anything but a shared ideal that certain people are inferior to whites, What is referred to as black racism is the angry response to people who tell us we are inferior.

There is a major difference and intelligent adults should be able to recognize that difference and try understanding how you would feel if you were the group told how you were all stupid, that your race has never done anything, and that if not for the white man you'd be nothing. I don't think you'd appreciate being called a racist for saying your race is superior after reading pages of how inferior you are to whites in every way. Only a human with no personal pride would accept this kind if constant denigration without fighting back. Yet here blacks doing this are called racists.

Blacks did not choose to come here on the Mayflower with a belief they were superior and more civilized than everyone else. We were bought here on ships like the Amistad then sold into lifetime bondage because of that belief. Then after slavery was made illegal whites created another system on inequality that continued to enforce that same belief for an additional 100 plus years. Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .

Not one of us did what you named. Yes, there is racism, but it is on all sides.
So. What do you want? Do you want all the whites here to slit their wrists?

Do you want whites to feel guilt for something they have no control over? None of us chose what we were born.
So how does anyone blame another for that?

It's time to us all to get over the race thing. That seems to be all there is on this forum now days, and it's getting boring because it is nothing but repetition. Day in and day out, and it accomplishes nothing.

Do you ever try and discuss anything else?

These excuses are invalid and we are posting in the race and racism section.

It's a lie. That's why no blacks are joining the republican party.

Whites seem to think thy can make y up what racism is at anytime they want.

Well. I've tried to be respectful in my communication with you. I believe my points were valid. But at this point my efforts appear to have been unfruitful and lent upon deaf or unaccepting ears. My only other sentiment would be to take your arbitrary victim status card and shove it up your ass.

Enjoy your morning.

Well. I've tried to be respectful in my communication with you. I believe my points were valid. But at this point my efforts appear to have been unfruitful and lent upon deaf or unaccepting ears. My only other sentiment would be to take your arbitrary victim status card and shove it up your ass.

Enjoy your morning.

Your points were not valid, that's the problem. The only people here in this section with victim cards are you whining ass whites.

No one ask any blacks to take a ride on the Mayflower..

Let's not get stupid.

Then why create a stupid thread?

You are under the illusion that Blacks from Africa were the only mistreated people in the history of the world while those like me live in reality and understand racism and bigotry has happen to every culture around the world.

If course you do not care about the genocide of the Native Americans or the actual fact African Tribes sold Africans into slavery, but instead want to write that WHITES are the only racist population in the world.

What Amazes me is the White Population is the smallest population of the ethnic groups and yet have so much control of the world and that is what bothers you.

Now soon enough China will rise and the White Society will be gone and those like you will realize Whites were the least of your damn worries when it come to racism...

Oh and Blacks owned Slaves here in America so learn that and Native Americans were also slaves and not just blacks...

Enjoy your morning.

Your points were not valid, that's the problem. The only people here in this section with victim cards are you whining ass whites.
They can't help themselves...that's what the social conditioning professor Ellis talks about does. And that social conditioning also affects people of color. You, and I can be counted among the few notable exceptions...except... you still refer to Euro-Americans as white....That's part of the conditioning that still haunts even YOU!

We need the same number of years whites have got to be free and able to do whatever they wanted.
I was alive when apartheid was legal in the US. So it's within my lifetime that legal racial discrimination was practised there. The legacy of that is going to take a while to disperse, as seen by the attempts on this thread to pretend it never happened.

If course you do not care about the genocide of the Native Americans or the actual fact African Tribes sold Africans into slavery, but instead want to write that WHITES are the only racist population in the world.
Oh, and white conservative victimhood, of course. How could I forget that?

It's a lie. That's why no blacks are joining the republican party.
Look up the facts and you'll see that what I said is 100% correct.

Then why create a stupid thread?

Opening a debate on social issues is never stupid... More people should do it.

You are under the illusion that Blacks from Africa were the only mistreated people in the history of the world while those like me live in reality and understand racism and bigotry has happen to every culture around the world.

I haven't seen Im2 suggest that at all. This thread isn't suggesting that so why do you eagerly interject it as a deflection.This op is addressing the racist climate here on USMB and you want to bring the whole continent of Africa into it. Shame on you...

That was a long time ago and fodder for a different thread. Try focusing on this one and stop jumping all over the place. But as long as people think they are 'white" racism will persist. After all the concept of race began with Europeans and whiteness emanates form those not so humble beginnings.

What Amazes me is the White Population is the smallest population of the ethnic groups and yet have so much control of the world and that is what bothers you.

Now soon enough China will rise and the White Society will be gone and those like you will realize Whites were the least of your damn worries when it come to racism...
Your population would have been much larger if you hadn't killed each other in such large numbers back in the 20th Century. Your homicide rate, on a world and historical scale, makes the Black Homey-cide rate look pale by comparison. :lol:

Oh and Blacks owned Slaves here in America so learn that and Native Americans were also slaves and not just blacks...

Well...gee.. those black slave holders were probably two old codgers that died a long time ago. But two was enough for you and the Euro gang to document it and use it for moments like this.

Last edited:
Only in the last 52 years have blacks been at least free from overt racist beliefs from whites. 52 YEARS! Therefore to try making our experiences here the same and our responses to race and racism the same as whites is erroneous and this error is what needs to stop .
I was actually just thinking about this today - that it really hasn't been that long ago that men were fighting for their rights, marching and wearing signs that said, I AM A MAN. It's a shame that some folks had to be convinced that other folks share their humanity. It's also a shame that the sense of superiority in some remains pretty much unchanged even today - regardless of changes made to laws written on paper.

40 years? 50? More?
Thats less than the 400 year head start whites gave themselves while holding back Blacks and other people of color. If the favor was returned whites would fall into the dark ages again.

Forum List

Back