We peasants must learn to live with fewer things

JoeNormal

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2012
Billionaire Jeff Greene who made his fortune betting against sub-prime mortgage securities said: 'America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted'. This coming from a guy who owns a 53,000 sq ft Beverly Hills mansion and flew his family and nannies to Davos in his private jet. He sounds like some kind of free market hero - really one of the producers.

Americans need to have less things in life says billionaire Jeff Greene Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...
I wish it were that simple.

Most people are stupid, and want to part with their money ASAP.

Rich just have to lay back and receive it.

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.

Never trust a rich man, he's out to get what you have....he is no better than a thief on the streets...

We could give every citizen $1,000,000, and in 20 years, have the same number of poor.
It sure would be fun till the money ran dry...

This has gone around the world.

I read more than the sound bite which has gone around and it sounds like it was taken out of context. He was addressing Jobs and where the market is going...

Not the greatest thing to say but he is talking from a point of view

To a certain degree I think he's right. Why do we need two income families these days?......

Because everyone feels they need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Why do we need all that crap? Is it really worth it when we trade our health, our relationships and our time to get it?

Mostly b/c the government would raise taxes and the banks and businesses would create all sorts of hidden fees and penalties that would make your head spin.

Billionaire Jeff Greene who made his fortune betting against sub-prime mortgage securities said: 'America's lifestyle expectations are far too high and need to be adjusted'. This coming from a guy who owns a 53,000 sq ft Beverly Hills mansion and flew his family and nannies to Davos in his private jet. He sounds like some kind of free market hero - really one of the producers.

Americans need to have less things in life says billionaire Jeff Greene Daily Mail Online
He is just telling you the truth. Americans are way too susceptible to the effects of marketing.

Mostly b/c the government would raise taxes and the banks and businesses would create all sorts of hidden fees and penalties that would make your head spin.
Not to mention companies will raise prices for their goods. A surplus of money causes inflation.

Another "I got mine" liberal?

Another "I got mine" liberal?
He must be liberal. He is actually telling the truth.

To a certain degree I think he's right. Why do we need two income families these days?......

Because everyone feels they need a 2000 square foot house, two cars, the 72" plasma TV and the big family vacation every year.

Why do we need all that crap? Is it really worth it when we trade our health, our relationships and our time to get it?
Go to minimalist.com

It sure would be fun till the money ran dry...
Imagine what some of today's youngsters would have in 50 years if they invested their tattoo money in a reputable mutual fund and just left it until they were old and needed it.

Would come in handier in old age than ankle tats that have migrated to the soles of the feet, and titty tats that are down around the belly button.

Well good. first off he should lead by Example. Give away his billions, mansions, jets, etc. And go live in a grass shack burning elephant dung for fuel. then I might care what he has to say
Why should he give away his billions? He did the work to earn it. All he has to do is pay taxes with a smile since he lives in a country that allows him to make those billions.

I don't need a lot of what I have.

I'd kill to protect the freedom to have shit I don't need though.

More than anything, I need space.

I don't see how most people live, all cramped up together.

But it is a choice; to each his own.

Took the words right out of my mouth

Forum List

Back