we need to privatize Social Security, my friends

In 1935, when Social Security was enacted, only 5.4 percent of the population was over 65.

In 1965, when Medicare was added, 9 percent of the population was over 65.

Today, 15 percent of the population is over 65.

A LARGER AND LARGER percentage of the population is being supported by a SMALLER AND SMALLER percentage.

This is a screamingly obvious unsupportable trend.

Common sense isn't so common, after all.

Common sense says that you have your own account and that's why you have a social security number.

In 1935, when Social Security was enacted, only 5.4 percent of the population was over 65.

A LARGER AND LARGER percentage of the population is being supported by a SMALLER AND SMALLER percentage.

Again...raising the cap makes this entire conversation moot.

And as someone ho made his living doing manual labor for most of my life ...unless you do that kind of work you have no idea of the toll it takes on your body. Bad knees,shoulder,elbow,fingers, a hernia that wants to cut loose AGAIN...and I'm in relatively good shape compared to many of my former co-workers. I was able to move into management at 58 because I simply couldn't take the beating. Not everyone can do that

Not to mention that fact that income,sex,and race determine mortality. That's right...the rich live longer. And the numbers are skewed by those things.

A poor black male would be lucky to even make it to 70. The average life expectancy for black males not accounting for income is only 72.

Yea...let's not punish our kids...especially when it's not necessary

And if you ARE going to raise the age to 70. Do it now, Have the balls to face the wrath directly

Common sense says that you have your own account and that's why you have a social security number.
I do have a social security number, and I plan on working until I am 70, at least.

We are LIVING longer, we should be WORKING longer.

I do have a social security number, and I plan on working until I amat least.

We are LIVING longer, we should be WORKING longer.

I retired at 61

Everything is fine, Social Security being in trouble is the number one myth according to the AARP. To watch out for the lying thieving GOP...
The Myth of the Missing Social Security Trust Fund : FedSmith.com

"These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis. The more people exaggerate these problem..." -- Barney Frank, 2003
Everybody said the same thing as Barney did-that's what you do when a house of cards is about to fall, and Fannie and Freddie was a small part of the problem, 99% was crony GOP crony regulators and their Pals in independent financial institutions like countrywide, super duper. Fannie and Freddie share of the market went from 75% to 25% in 2003, dumbass. Read something you're totally misinformed of course with plenty of company.

Everything is fine, Social Security being in trouble is the number one myth according to the AARP. To watch out for the lying thieving GOP...

"These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis. The more people exaggerate these problem..." -- Barney Frank, 2003
Everybody said the same thing as Barney did-that's what you do when a house of cards is about to fall, and Fannie and Freddie was a small part of the problem, 99% was crony GOP crony regulators and their Pals in independent financial institutions like countrywide, super duper. Fannie and Freddie share of the market went from 75% to 25% in 2003, dumbass. Read something you're totally misinformed of course with plenty of company.
You should write comedy

Barney Frank is a bankster , started w/Clintons, ended w/Obama , and entire career of fiscal manipulation

~S~

Barney Frank is a bankster , started w/Clintons, ended w/Obama , and entire career of fiscal manipulation

~S~
Such as with link? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me as usual

~S~
He didn't become head of the committee until 2007 when it was already all over, dumbass. All those toxic mortgages coming due... Thanks GOP and it's silly dupes...

~S~
He didn't become head of the committee until 2007 when it was already all over, dumbass. All those toxic mortgages coming due... Thanks GOP and it's silly dupes...
Same old Republicans

Blame the gay guy

Forum List

Back