We Knew this was coming.

Nobody is saying women should NOT be in the military. What is being said is, if they cannot keep up with the men PHYSICALLY, then they should put their skills (of which there are many) in other venues while in the service.

If I were a man, packing 140 lbs of gear, and myself, into a dangerous situation, I damn sure wouldn't want a woman in the middle of it because if I get hit, how the hell is she going to get me OUT physically? I would want her out of target range of said enemy..with her sharp shooting eye blasting the hell out of someone coming at me. I would want her to get on the radio and give coordinates on where to aim the next rocket. I would want her in the heli, ready to fly my ass out of there or bring in help for my platoon. In short...again...women are a big asset to the military. Just not where they have to drag 250 lbs out of harms way when they can't even do 3 pullups.

Last edited:
Unless, of course, it is a platoon of nothing but women. Then yeah. Let her go into combat. If I can drag a woman hundreds of feet..she better damn well be able to drag my ass the same distance.

And let's not even think about how a female POW might be treated........

Why do you think a male POW will be treated any better?
Approximately 3% of the population are Gay, so, approximately 3% of male enemy soldiers are included in the baseline of those at-risk of raping a male soldier...

Approximately 97% of the population are Straight, so, approximately 97% of male enemy soldiers are included in the baseline of those at-risk of raping a female soldier...

An overwhelming, quantifiable, defensible statistical potential, is it not?

Odds, averages and common sense...

A male POW can be tortured or beheaded which is not any less gruesome than rape of a female POW.

I processed many a troop out of the Military for drug use in my time....
Were you aware at the time, or are you not aware now, that alcohol is by far the most destructively addictive drug of all? And, yes, beverage alcohol is indeed a drug!

One thing I failed to mention about the marijuana use on Okinawa is after getting nicely toasted one wakes up well-rested with absolutely no after-effect (hangover). But some of the booze drinkers often were barely able to make morning formation.

So when you say "drug use" it is grossly inaccurate not to include alcohol. Because while drinking alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of Americans annually, and makes hundreds of thousands more very sick, there is not one example anywhere in the annals of medical science of marijuana killing or harming anyone in any way. So while I can't speak for other recreational substances, if you "processed out" any for pot use you wasted a lot of perfectly useful soldiers -- unless we are talking about otherwise totally degenerate personalities.

A male POW can be tortured or beheaded which is not any less gruesome than rape of a female POW.
Of course it's not less gruesome. But male resistance to women in the military is rooted in a primal instinct.

Recalling the final scene in the movie, Full Metal Jacket, in which the female Viet Cong sniper was shot and lay dying, if that sniper had been a male rather than a female it is likely those Marines would have kicked him to death or let him suffer. But the merciful pause attending the decision to end the female enemy's suffering was an expression of the protective male/female instinct I'm talking about. While there are exceptions, it is generally rooted in the primitive component of the male brain and functions at a pre-conscious level.

Last edited:
We have a problem regardless. our military is half what it used to be. And I'm not talking numbers....

The enemies of the USA are watching and smiling.......

Disagree. Go online, watch the vids, read up on the manuals and the training regs.

These troopers and grunts and swabbies and flyguys are very very good.

Of course it's not less gruesome. But male resistance to women in the military is rooted in a primal instinct.

Recalling the final scene in the movie, Full Metal Jacket, in which the female Viet Cong sniper was shot and lay dying, if that sniper had been a male rather than a female it is likely those Marines would have kicked him to death or let him suffer. But the merciful pause attending the decision to end the female enemy's suffering was an expression of the protective male/female instinct I'm talking about. While there are exceptions, it is generally rooted in the primitive component of the male brain and functions at a pre-conscious level.

777-full.jpg

With all the implications that has for reactions and reaction-times on the battlefield...

I processed many a troop out of the Military for drug use in my time....
Were you aware at the time, or are you not aware now, that alcohol is by far the most destructively addictive drug of all? And, yes, beverage alcohol is indeed a drug!

One thing I failed to mention about the marijuana use on Okinawa is after getting nicely toasted one wakes up well-rested with absolutely no after-effect (hangover). But some of the booze drinkers often were barely able to make morning formation.

So when you say "drug use" it is grossly inaccurate not to include alcohol. Because while drinking alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of Americans annually, and makes hundreds of thousands more very sick, there is not one example anywhere in the annals of medical science of marijuana killing or harming anyone in any way. So while I can't speak for other recreational substances, if you "processed out" any for pot use you wasted a lot of perfectly useful soldiers -- unless we are talking about otherwise totally degenerate personalities.

Illegal drug use.....You knew what I was referring to, though there was one drunk that we ended up putting a bar to re-elistment on... He was a happy drunk and a worthless Sergeant. And pot was and is an illegal drug, yes if they tested positive in a training company they went home, in permanent party they had a chance for rehab. SO no one ever hurt themselves or someone else while under the influence of marijuana? Are you that certain of that? You are smarter than that I know....

We have a problem regardless. our military is half what it used to be. And I'm not talking numbers....

The enemies of the USA are watching and smiling.......

Disagree. Go online, watch the vids, read up on the manuals and the training regs.

These troopers and grunts and swabbies and flyguys are very very good.

How about talking to them up front and personal at the VA or in any of the numerous veteran organization meetings i attend?

Women have already entered combat relative MOS's albeit under pilot programs designed to ascertain capabilities.

In these instances they are required to meet whatever physical standards are currently required of their male counterparts.
It should also be noted that women who want these positions are often required to go above and beyond the minimum in job performance ... Although that may not be the case for physical standards.
The Physical Test for women in these MOS's is identical to those of males with the same job regarding minimum requirements.

I don't have a problem with expecting the job requirement to have basic guidelines that apply to both genders ... But I am against relaxing the standards to be more inclusive towards women.

As far as combat association between the genders in real-time application ... There is no difference in the way women view their responsibility and role as a soldier.
Some men do go beyond the level of due concern with a desire to protect their female counterparts ... But it is no different than female firefighters or police officers.
As females in a combat related role ... There are no special privileges or accommodations made for specific female matters ... You are expected to be a troop no matter what ...
Same as any male.

The whole thing stinks of the general politics that has invaded the military and distracted the Armed Services from their primary mission to serve.
Just more social engineering that will sacrifice superiority in attempts to impose equality through weakness.

Women have already entered combat relative MOS's albeit under pilot programs designed to ascertain capabilities.

In these instances they are required to meet whatever physical standards are currently required of their male counterparts.
It should also be noted that women who want these positions are often required to go above and beyond the minimum in job performance ... Although that may not be the case for physical standards.
The Physical Test for women in these MOS's is identical to those of males with the same job regarding minimum requirements.

I don't have a problem with expecting the job requirement to have basic guidelines that apply to both genders ... But I am against relaxing the standards to be more inclusive towards women.

As far as combat association between the genders in real-time application ... There is no difference in the way women view their responsibility and role as a soldier.
Some men do go beyond the level of due concern with a desire to protect their female counterparts ... But it is no different than female firefighters or police officers.
As females in a combat related role ... There are no special privileges or accommodations made for specific female matters ... You are expected to be a troop no matter what ...
Same as any male.

The whole thing stinks of the general politics that has invaded the military and distracted the Armed Services from their primary mission to serve.
Just more social engineering that will sacrifice superiority in attempts to impose equality through weakness.

Those last two sentences sum it up nicely. The powers that be have politicized the military and the consequences will not be pretty.

If the women cannot do three pullups, why can't they? I was at the gym yesterday and must have seen ten women on three different racks doing pullups in sets of 10.

If housewives and cheerleaders are stronger than our marines we really do have a helluva problem.

I was told they put out that misinformation because they don't want a lot of females in the military. They can do more than 3 pullups.

If the women cannot do three pullups, why can't they? I was at the gym yesterday and must have seen ten women on three different racks doing pullups in sets of 10.

If housewives and cheerleaders are stronger than our marines we really do have a helluva problem.

I was told they put out that misinformation because they don't want a lot of females in the military. They can do more than 3 pullups.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD16NgqUPio]Bar Brutes Women's pull-up competition - Nov - YouTube[/ame]

I just saw a woman do over 10 pullups and these are just women off the street. So the report is just a lot of brain washing. They don't want women in the military.

There have been women in the military for decades.

So how is it the military does not want women?

U.S. Army trainers will soon lead an effort to create gender-neutral physical standards for all soldiers as part of a plan to allow women to serve in infantry, Special Forces and other combat arms jobs.
Army Submits Plan to Open Combat Jobs for Women | Military.com

Translation: We will now lower the standards for everyone so that women can qualify the same as the men, who won't have to work as hard as they used to.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time I can honestly say that's not my military and I'm glad I'm out........

This is just one more step in the downward spiral of this once great country....

It's sad.

I bet you wish they still had a real training program where they could beat and dog a soldier until they died.....

No lower standards for the combat infantry MOS's PERIOD.

If they can't meet the standards then they shouldn't be in the unit. A unit is only as strong as it's weakest link, and putting those in the unit who don't muster up can get the others killed.

In areas where they don't require humping many miles with heavy packs it's not a problem.

Riddle me this...................

Would you want to send an all Female Marine Company into the worst to offer in Afghanistan's mountains....................Pull packs for an extended stay....................

Now to tick off the liberal and those who call us sexist...............

In the Navy, which women can handle, we used to say catch a WAVE and Ride it............It was a simple joke when we were going out looking to get some that night. A WAVE was a female sailor, and both sides of the equation are human and want to get some, and we did get to ride a WAVE from time to time.

In the infantry, and in combat zones, it will be the same. They've been out there for a while and haven't had any for a while...........both parties may want to sneak off in the area to get some as it's still a matter of nature.................

Finally, women get pregnant.............I'm sure that's just a shocker to all, but where are their replacements should women get pregnant and are not able to deploy. I've seen this in the Navy before getting out way back then. TAD'd waiting to get out. In the TAD Barracks it was full of pregnant women, so much so as the Barracks were referred to as the pregnancy ward.

Forum List

Back