We have a serious spending problem - and it can't be disputed

No the war that was inevitable did. manufacturing did. Where the manufacturing today? Oh it's crushed by the Obama admin.. Play again?

Uh, guy, "Manufacturing" was manufacturing war materials, not consumer goods. We put 16 million men in the armed forces and spent millions on weapons and warships and war materials. And the rich paid for it with a 94% top marginal rate.

what World War II did was get the Country to go along with the kind of central planning and Keynesian spending that FDR would have loved to have had in the 1930's but got nothing but resistance.

And it gave us 40 years of prosperity that followed.

You guys can kiss universal healthcare good by after this Obamacare fiasco. Only the far far left is for it. Hilary can't even run on it with public perception the way it is now. It's political suicide.

wishful thinking. Even Kasich is saying ObamaCare is here to stay.

Yes, as long as Obama is in the WH.

Obamacare isn't universal healthcare. Obamacare can easily be wiped out. It will be costly, but so worth it. The dems had their chance to pass it now it's long gone.

Again, all of us don't share your character flaws either, cupcake. But thanks for confirming that you are indeed a never-was...and feel threatened by people who have actually done things you have only jacked-off about.

I've neer heard of you, so you must not have accomplished anything that important.

Keep flailing, cupcake. If you stroke your lil walter mitty pecker enough it might actually get hard and grow to over an inch!

Obamacare isn't universal healthcare. Obamacare can easily be wiped out. It will be costly, but so worth it. The dems had their chance to pass it now it's long gone.

By the time Obama leaves, ObamaCare will have millions of people who benefit from it. A lot of corporations like WalMart will dump their employees off into it.

So it'll become like Social Security and Medicare, where you clowns will go from oppossing it to claiming you are the ones protecting it.

No the war that was inevitable did. manufacturing did. Where the manufacturing today? Oh it's crushed by the Obama admin.. Play again?

Uh, guy, "Manufacturing" was manufacturing war materials, not consumer goods. We put 16 million men in the armed forces and spent millions on weapons and warships and war materials. And the rich paid for it with a 94% top marginal rate.

what World War II did was get the Country to go along with the kind of central planning and Keynesian spending that FDR would have loved to have had in the 1930's but got nothing but resistance.

Yes, manufacturing did.

Keep flailing, cupcake. If you stroke your lil walter mitty pecker enough it might actually get hard and grow to over an inch!

Guy, you keep fantasizing about my dick, but I dont' swing that way.

See you all later, some of us have jobs.

And some of us have actually done things that allowed us to retire relatively young. Have a nice day dreaming of actually having a dick that works as you do your job as one of Rahm's contract meter maids. :lol:

By the time Obama leaves, ObamaCare will have millions of people who benefit from it. A lot of corporations like WalMart will dump their employees off into it.

So it'll become like Social Security and Medicare, where you clowns will go from oppossing it to claiming you are the ones protecting it.

You mean with those 6000 deductibles? or a premium after the subsidy of over 600 a month for a 6000 deductible? LOL!!!! Keep dreaming. and you wonder why you guys will lose the senate and WH? Actually what is happening here is quite astonishing. You are the ONLY liberal still running on Obamacare!!! :) Not only did you dig your own hole, and I filled it, but everybody will be pissing on it now. I mean most of the country.

You mean the left wingers have jobs. The right wingers have a seat on the couch so they can make more asinine comments on a message board.

I gotta go to work also. You ever see a right winger on here make that statement? Nope? Me neither.

And some of us have actually done things that allowed us to retire young. Have a nice day dreaming of actually having a dick that works as you do your job as one of Rahm's contract meter maids. :lol:

man I hope I didn't hire this idiot and he Isn't one of my employees.... Scary.

For the first time in U.S. history, revenues to the federal government hit $3 trillion in a single year (2014). And yet our failed liberal government still ran up half a trillion in deficit spending. We do not have a revenue problem - we have a spending problem. And it cannot be disputed.

Furthermore, it is not even remotely possible to burn through $3 trillion unless you're actively trying to collapse a nation/economy. It's an astronomical amount of money that cannot be spent unless you throw it away intentionally - like spending over $300k to give bunnies Swedish massages 4x's a day (you can't make this stuff up folks - just click here).

Federal Tax Revenue Surpasses 3 Trillion for First Time Ever

Nothing like ignoring the fact that as a percentage of GDP, revenues are still significantly lower than they have been for the vast majority of the past 60 years.
Nothing like ignoring facts for propaganda. $3 trillion. It's absolutely unfathomable and completely outrageous. I could easily run the federal government off of $1 trillion while paying down the national debt at the same time.

OK, Bubba, then run for office, and explain in your campaign exactly how you are going to do that. No weasel words, exactly what are you going to cut, what you are going to increase, ect.

You mean the left wingers have jobs. The right wingers have a seat on the couch so they can make more asinine comments on a message board.

I gotta go to work also. You ever see a right winger on here make that statement? Nope? Me neither.
Speaking of which. bye

So much bullshit, so little time

"
The Myth of War Prosperity

"What actually happened was no mystery. In 1940, before the mobilization [for war], the unemployment rate … was 9.5 percent. During the war, the government pulled the equivalent of 22 percent of the prewar labor force into the armed forces. Voil — the unemployment rate dropped to a very low level.

And Higgs reminds the reader that

the welfare significance of the decline is hardly the usual one. Of the 16 million persons who served in the armed forces at some time during the war, 10 million were conscripted, and many of those who volunteered did so only to avoid the draft and the consequent likelihood of assignment to the infantry.

For all these people, being employed did not exactly mean an improvement in their standard of living. As for the common contention that “real personal consumption increased during the war,” Higgs notes that it

fails to take sufficiently into account the understatement of actual wartime inflation by the official price indexes, the deterioration of quality and disappearance from the market of many consumer goods, the full effect of the nonprice rationing of many widely consumed items, and the additional transaction costs borne and other sacrifices made by consumers to get the goods that were available. When one corrects the data to provide a more defensible measure of what happened to real consumer well-being during the war, one finds that it declined."

Forum List

Back