We Don't Need You Guys Anymore!

America is what it is because of liberty and a wide range of thought. The suggestion forwarded here is contrary to what makes America. Much the same as terrorists killed part of America in 9/11, which begot the Patriot Act.

America is what it is because of liberty and a wide range of thought. The suggestion forwarded here is contrary to what makes America. Much the same as terrorists killed part of America in 9/11, which begot the Patriot Act.

I wasn't saying that people couldn't believe what they believe. I was saying that politically the far left are being more and more isolated and becoming politically irrelavent*. Its like Libertarains. I happen to agree with a lot of libertarians but are the politicians bending to their thinking? No because 90% of the population don't agree with them so they are non-existent politically. This is what I am saying.

It is becoming more and more possible for the non-liberals in this society to move on without involving the far left in this nation's politics.

the far right will get the same fate iffffffff, what goes around, comes around....which appears to be the case...the conservatives will be demonized by the left, and being a conservative will mean being an abortion doctor murderer or a timothy mcveigh part 2.....

and THAT is just the way it is....

:( this whole world is for shit, lately imo.

No wonder vengeance was suppose to be God's....

Last edited:
i can't believe with your powers of persuasion you can't convince all americans to think just like you do.

That's what's wrong with america nowadays, we don't all goosestep to the same march!

off with their heads!

let them eat cake....

toon_air_pork_one.jpg

I've wondered why any of us thinks we need people who identify themselves as liberals in this country when a majority of Americans identify themselves as conservative. I'm tired of convincing the last of the Liberal like they are some important political force in our country that we must convince to vote with us. Its no longer important and all other parties outside the democrats should just move on with their agenda without them because they are not needed anymore.

A majority of Americans don't identify themselves as conservatives. About a third do.

~30% conservative
~30% liberal
~40% independant/moderate

~ = Approximately for those who dont know (i know you know toro :))

I've wondered why any of us thinks we need people who identify themselves as liberals in this country when a majority of Americans identify themselves as conservative. I'm tired of convincing the last of the Liberal like they are some important political force in our country that we must convince to vote with us.

And yet somehow a majority nationwide voted for the Dems the last two national elections...

Its no longer important and all other parties outside the democrats should just move on with their agenda without them because they are not needed anymore.

They can go right ahead. They just have to be mindful of that pesky controlling-Congress-and-the White-House thing.

I think the OP is sort of funny, given that the GOP are trailing the Dems by about 400 seats in Congress.

Of course, the Democrats being Democrats will lose that and more in 2010, but hey...

I've wondered why any of us thinks we need people who identify themselves as liberals in this country when a majority of Americans identify themselves as conservative. I'm tired of convincing the last of the Liberal like they are some important political force in our country that we must convince to vote with us.

And yet somehow a majority nationwide voted for the Dems the last two national elections...

Its no longer important and all other parties outside the democrats should just move on with their agenda without them because they are not needed anymore.

They can go right ahead. They just have to be mindful of that pesky controlling-Congress-and-the White-House thing.

Yes 53% of people voted for the democrat president in 2008 and 60% of people voted for the democrat congress in 2006.

I've wondered why any of us thinks we need people who identify themselves as liberals in this country when a majority of Americans identify themselves as conservative. I'm tired of convincing the last of the Liberal like they are some important political force in our country that we must convince to vote with us. Its no longer important and all other parties outside the democrats should just move on with their agenda without them because they are not needed anymore.
It's amusing that demographics will soon prove that America doesn't need conservatives anymore.

Doug

It's amusing that demographics will soon prove that America doesn't need conservatives anymore.

Doug

You two should get a room, you sound exactly alike.

Doug

What does that mean Doug?

Yes 53% of people voted for the democrat president in 2008 and 60% of people voted for the democrat congress in 2006.

Yup, and just like in 2004, those things mean a majority, which means having control over the major parts of the government, which means that it's a little hard for other parties to just carry on with their own agendas as if the Dems are irrelevant, like the OP seems to be suggesting.

Whassup BGG?

It means that the GOP did not win one single demographic group whose numbers are climbing. As America becomes less white, the GOP will likely become more of a regional party.

The only reason the GOP stands to gain seats in 2010 is because their main demographics (whites and older people) tend to vote in greater numbers in off year elections.

It was amusing that the OP seemed to think it was liberals who weren't "needed".

That being said, I'm still getting used to this forum, and I guess I'm posting some things that I wish I could have posted in that unnamed forum I used to post in. I always thought that forum made me sound much more partisan than I actually am. I'm not really anti conservative, I'm more anti bigmouthed blowhard... anyone care for some... Spinach?

Doug

Last edited:
Whassup BGG?

It means that the GOP did not win one single demographic group whose numbers are climbing. As America becomes less white, the GOP will likely become more of a regional party.

The only reason the GOP stands to gain seats in 2010 is because their main demographics (whites and older people) tend to vote in greater numbers in off year elections.

It was amusing that the OP seemed to think it was liberals who weren't "needed".

That being said, I'm still getting used to this forum, and I guess I'm posting some things that I wish I could have posted in that unnamed forum I used to post in. I always thought that the forum made me sound much more partisan than I actually am.

Doug

Not much happening here my friend. Watching "Mutiny on the Bounty" with Clark Gable.

I think your post (as well meaning as it is) plays right to desires of the OP. I think ihopehefails has failed with his OP and has failed to focus on what is really important. The GOP vs Democrat mantra is the kind of partisan rhetoric that is tearing the Republic asunder, in my opinion.

Not much happening here my friend. Watching "Mutiny on the Bounty" with Clark Gable.

I think your post (as well meaning as it is) plays right to desires of the OP. I think ihopehefails has failed with his OP and has failed to focus on what is really important. The GOP vs Democrat mantra is the kind of partisan rhetoric that is tearing the Republic asunder, in my opinion.
Well, I don't take the game that seriously, I doubt that the American people will allow runaway populism to actually win national office.

To me, the big difference is that I think that Democrats are every bit as full of shit as Republicans.

Doug

P.S. Hopefully I'll be less partisan on this forum. In the the other place I used to post when I'd get angry reading that bullshit. I've noticed that people are quite a bit more witty here, and tend to take care of asshole posters with humor, which I like.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back