We Desperately Need the Death Penalty

Racism drives the uncivilized push for the death penalty.

Modern civilized nations understand that the monetary means to employ legal representation that is unbeatable, is denied to all Americans except the wealthy.

Hence, the wealthy escape justice while the poor black man will face death by the system.

How could a Canadian support that?
No need to execute blacks, they're doing a pretty good job of it themselves.

The State should kill more people more expeditiously to reinforce our social principles that killing is wrong and that States shouldn't have so much power.

:rolleyes:

Those who oppose the death penalty should pay the keep of those murderers. There are many such issues that should go this way. Paying for things you justifiably don't support flies in the face of representative governance.

We have the death penalty...the same state (Texas) almost always leads all other states in carrying it out.

Doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent since the state that executes the most people is always leading all other states in it's use.

Now of course, the simple minded response will be something along the lines of cutting down on repeat offenders.... As if the victims of capital crimes care about what happens to their murderer.

Any intelligent person can tell immediately that it doesn't work. But that isn't what the death penalty is about...it's about vengeance. Vengeance disguised as justice. Nothing more; nothing less.

And I can get next to that but lets call it what it is..shall we?

If we're going to have the death penalty, we really need to change the way we employ it. I recommend a fast-track court system just for capital cases. Six months after you're convicted; your sentence is either carried out, commuted to life in prison; you get a new trial, or you're set free in extreme cases. We get there by doing the following:

Every death sentence gets automatic review by a panel on the State Supreme Court. T

he review covers everything from the arrest to the conviction and everything in between.

The panel has full subpoena power. The can look at every document germane to the case, interview the convicted person, the DA, the PD, the jury, the judge, the clerks who worked in the office of the DA, PD, Judge, etc... Any suspicious with-holding of evidence vacates the sentence automatically to life in prison.

If DNA evidence is germane to the case and can contribute to a finding of guilt or innocence, the State sends the specimens out to three different states and asks them to run it through their state labs for comparison. If anything breathes not-guilty; the sentence becomes life in prison.

Finally, after 180 days, the review is finished and the entire State Supreme Court views the evidence and issues an order for the death sentence to be carried out.

I'm not against the death penalty in 100% of cases, but I probably disagree with its use more than 95% of the time. It should be reserved for the most despicable of people/crimes.

It's called LAW.

Should the state "forgive" this man and "turn the other cheek"???

What if the victim were your wife or daughter (I assume you "identify" as a man)? Don't prosecute?

Who said anything about turning the other cheek? You sure are an extremist.

It is quite interesting to see all the non-sentient here showing their love and support for a torturer.

Their masters have trained them to support anything s black person does, and they would never dare question their masters.

Heck, I imagine they are even working behind the scene to erect a statue to honor him.

It is quite interesting to see all the non-sentient here showing their love and support for a torturer.

Their masters have trained them to support anything s black person does, and they would never dare question their masters.

Heck, I imagine they are even working behind the scene to erect a statue to honor him.
Oh bullshit. Some aren't fans of the death penalty. I guess that gets past you so you lie.

Oh bullshit. Some aren't fans of the death penalty. I guess that gets past you so you lie.
How is the statue coming along little prole?

I can't find any reference to the victim, so she is probably white. That will elevate his hero status with you immensely, if so.

Racism drives the uncivilized push for the death penalty.

Modern civilized nations understand that the monetary means to employ legal representation that is unbeatable, is denied to all Americans except the wealthy.

Hence, the wealthy escape justice while the poor black man will face death by the system.

How could a Canadian support that?
You are a Pakistani.

You invoke false claims of racism as a political ruse.

There are hundreds of thousands of people in this country I'd probably be just fine with the extermination of. Perhaps even in the millions, but I still have serious setbacks with how our judicial system functions.

If we as a society accept the responsibility of passing laws where the punishment is DEATH, the outcome of the trial better damned well be accurate. If we want people executed for murder, but we are complicit with the wrongful execution of an innocent fellow citizen then we are all murderers and deserve to die.

If you've ever been falsely accused of anything, and dragged into court then only get out of it by the Grace of God Himself? Imagine sitting on death row..... My shit wasn't even enough to put me in jail for any real length of time but still the anxiety of facing further setbacks if the outcome was shitty? The legal fees being what they were put me living on a friend's sofa for months, but I finally rebounded. I was lucky though, that was a county that threw an innocent husband into prison after hiding evidence and it took 25 years to exonerate him.

How does he get that back? His own son grew up believing his dad killed his mom when he was 3 only to be 28 and find out "OOPS!!! We Focked up!!! Sorry... Here's a few million bucks and a bus ticket for your dad".

So I temper my bloodlust when it comes to giving that power to government, especially when democrook sociopaths are anywhere near it.

Forum List

Back