We count the weight of chickens ...

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
The Americans ...
I give you a unique opportunity to beat Selivan ... :04:

=================================
1. In the American train Amtrak there are 100 000 chickens ...
They weigh 10 tons ...
Consequently, the Amtrak car weighs not less than 100 + 10 tons
---------------------------------------------
2. The fox penetrated the train ... The chickens flew up and cackled ...

How much does the Amtrak car weigh?
:04:

================================
The task for children 7-10 years in the Soviet Union ...

Last edited:
100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)
Regardless of whether a fox enters a railroad car, chickens can't fly. They can hop about, thus the weight remains the same, with the weight of the fox added in.

The Americans ...
I give you a unique opportunity to beat Selivan ... :04:

=================================
1. In the American train Amtrak there are 100 000 chickens ...
They weigh 10 tons ...
Consequently, the Amtrak car weighs not less than 100 + 10 tons
---------------------------------------------
2. The fox penetrated the train ... The chickens flew up and cackled ...

How much does the Amtrak car weigh?
:04:

================================
The task for children 7-10 years in the Soviet Union ...
Who is they? The cars on the train or the chickens? How many cars are on the train?

100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)
Regardless of whether a fox enters a railroad car, chickens can't fly. They can hop about, thus the weight remains the same, with the weight of the fox added in.
Yes chickens can fly. Not for very long but they can fly.

Not exactly.......they flutter up to about 3 to 4 ft.....but do not 'fly' in a forward motion

100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)

Not exactly.......they flutter up to about 3 to 4 ft.....but do not 'fly' in a forward motion

I've had chickens and they fly way more than 3-4 ft. More like 30 ft

the Amtrak car weighs not less than 100 tons -----this is the answer to dimwits question, only the weight of the car

Amtrak is a passenger train, NOT freight or cargo so there would never be any chickens or foxes on board..

100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)

I do have chickens and have had them for 10 years.....they do not go up to 30ft high. Some of the smaller/lighter breed can flutter up higher than the 3-4 ft. but they can not sustain that height in a forward motion for flight. They do run & flap their wings and with a good wind can propel them forward...but I have never seen a chicken of any sort fly thru the air by their own power like a bird

Oh look......is it a bird?...is it a plane?........NO it's CHICKEN MAN!!!:21: nope, sorry never seen that happen

100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)

I do have chickens and have had them for 10 years.....they do not go up to 30ft high. Some of the smaller/lighter breed can flutter up higher than the 3-4 ft. but they can not sustain that height in a forward motion for flight. They do run & flap their wings and with a good wind can propel them forward...but I have never seen a chicken of any sort fly thru the air by their own power like a bird

Oh look......is it a bird?...is it a plane?........NO it's CHICKEN MAN!!!:21: nope, sorry never seen that happen

Never saw one go up 30ft but they would fly over my neighbors 6ft fence at about 10ft and maintain that height for about 30ft.

100 tons (train)
10 tons (chickens)
8-15 lbs. (one fox)

Never saw one go up 30ft but they would fly over my neighbors 6ft fence at about 10ft and maintain that height for about 30ft.

What breed of chicken did you have?

Cant remember. We got them at the flea market. They were white (which I know doesnt help much.)

Cant remember. We got them at the flea market. They were white (which I know doesnt help much.)

Did you eat them?

Did you eat them?
Eventually after the neighbor complained. My grandmother was from Mississippi and she traumatized me when she killed them. :laugh:

If this was in Russia everything will weigh more because of gravity and weather.

Did you eat them?
Eventually after the neighbor complained. My grandmother was from Mississippi and she traumatized me when she killed them. :laugh:

Was there much meat on the carcass? Just trying to determine size/weight....but no matter really. I prefer the dual purpose heavier breeds like Orpingtons just for the purpose that they are too butt heavy to get over our fence. The smaller lighter breeds do flutter higher & farther, just because they are lighter. Turkeys on the other hand, even though larger birds, can easily get higher & farther than any chickens.......and the biggest reason I haven't ventured that far. Atleast until I can get something figured out to keep them grounded

Did you eat them?

Was there much meat on the carcass? Just trying to determine size/weight....but no matter really. I prefer the dual purpose heavier breeds like Orpingtons just for the purpose that they are too butt heavy to get over our fence. The smaller lighter breeds do flutter higher & farther, just because they are lighter. Turkeys on the other hand, even though larger birds, can easily get higher & farther than any chickens.......and the biggest reason I haven't ventured that far. Atleast until I can get something figured out to keep them grounded
They were still pretty young...about 8-9 months old so they werent as big as I have seen some chickens get. I didnt eat any as I was upset.

Forum List

Back