"We Control America." Sharon...

Roudy -

I won by proving that the Shah wasn't oppressive to minorities, which is a fact

You mean except for the Kurds, the Lor and the Baluch - all of whom he slaughtered wholesale - and the systematic persecution of the Bahai.

Again, you are wrong, you know that you are wrong, and your only response is just to lie and lie and lie.

I have never understood what posters get out of simply refusing to ever post honestly under any circumstances, but hopefully you know why you do it. I have also never come across a poster quite so uniquely unable to admit they are wrong - and christ knows you've had enough experience of being proven wrong.

Do get back to me if you feel like actually stepping up to the plate, but I think it's fairly clear even to you that just don't have the brains or the balls to most much except homophobic abuse and lies.

Last edited:
Roudy -

You mean except for the Kurds, the Lor and the Baluch - all of whom he slaughtered wholesale - and the systematic persecution of the Bahai.

Again, you are wrong, you know that you are wrong, and your only response is just to lie and lie and lie.

I have never understood what posters get out of simply refusing to ever post honestly under any circumstances, but hopefully you know why you do it. I have also never come across a poster quite so uniquely unable to admit they are wrong - and christ knows you've had enough experience of being proven wrong.

Do get back to me if you feel like actually stepping up to the plate, but I think it's fairly clear even to you that just don't have the brains or the balls to most much except homophobic abuse and lies.
I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. Perhaps the traits apply best to you. It's pretty obvious that you intentionally lie and misrepresent.

Roudy -

You are so full of shit I don't even know where to begin. Everything you say is factually incorrect and a total misrepresentation. And you call yourself a journalist? All you have is lies. It's not even CLOSE to the truth. One thing that all Iranian minorities agree on, is that during the Shah There was no oppression of women and minorities.

The Case of the Bahá'í Minority in Iran

The Pahlavi Period, 1925-1979

With the rise of the Pahlavi Shahs in 1925, a number of important developments occurred in Iran which were to have major repercussions on the welfare of the country's Bahá'í community. Central to these developments was the policy which Reza Shah and later his son, Muhammad Reza Shah, adopted toward the Muslim clergy. Their objective was to transform their country, then known in the West by its historic name Persia, into a modern secular state. In pursuing this goal Iran's new rulers sought to exclude the clergy from all major areas of social and cultural influence, while continuing to pay lip-service to Shi`ih Islam as the country's state religion and to provide funding for religious institutions. The tensions which this policy engendered were managed by the regime's alternating suppression and appeasement of Islamic interests.

Since the Bahá'í minority represented a major pool of educated people, they had, of necessity, been employed in the many branches of the civil service, while continuing to be denied formal constitutional rights. The intensity of clerical opposition to the "Bahá'í heresy", however, made of the issue an irresistible means of placating the mullahs. Repeatedly, during the rule of both of the Pahlavi Shahs, eminent mullahs were allowed to incite mob attacks on Bahá'í holy places and other properties. The ensuing loss of life, however, inevitably attracted foreign protest. In 1955, a particularly flagrant involvement of the government in one of the pogroms resulted in interventions at the United Nations.11 The Shah was embarrassed when international pressure forced him to curtail the worst of the excesses.

The Islamic Revolution

The collapse of the Pahlavi regime in February 1979 appeared to free the Shi`ih clergy from the restraints which international considerations had forced the Shahs to place on their political and social influence. After ecclesiastical pressure had led also to the overthrow of two interim revolutionary administrations,12 the mullahs assumed the civil power they today exercise as cabinet ministers, justices of the Supreme Court, members of Parliament, heads of government departments, revolutionary judges, military commissars, and block wardens whose control extends to the details of daily life. Even the offices of President and Prime Minister were eventually filled by clergy. The media became organs of religious propaganda. Ration cards and other crucial permits were distributed at mosques. New legislation imposed rigid rules from the Islamic Sharia, the code of laws based on Islamic tradition, on day-to-day life, and used the courts and police to enforce these ordinances.

Read the entire article using the link-Meister

Roudy -

You are so full of shit I don't even know where to begin. Everything you say is factually incorrect and a total misrepresentation. And you call yourself a journalist? All you have is lies. It's not even CLOSE to the truth. One thing that all Iranian minorities agree on, is that during the Shah There was no oppression of women and minorities.

With the rise of the Pahlavi Shahs in 1925, a number of important developments occurred in Iran which were to have major repercussions on the welfare of the country's Bahá'í community. Central to these developments was the policy which Reza Shah and later his son, Muhammad Reza Shah, adopted toward the Muslim clergy. Their objective was to transform their country, then known in the West by its historic name Persia, into a modern secular state. In pursuing this goal Iran's new rulers sought to exclude the clergy from all major areas of social and cultural influence, while continuing to pay lip-service to Shi`ih Islam as the country's state religion and to provide funding for religious institutions. The tensions which this policy engendered were managed by the regime's alternating suppression and appeasement of Islamic interests.

Since the Bahá'í minority represented a major pool of educated people, they had, of necessity, been employed in the many branches of the civil service, while continuing to be denied formal constitutional rights. The intensity of clerical opposition to the "Bahá'í heresy", however, made of the issue an irresistible means of placating the mullahs. Repeatedly, during the rule of both of the Pahlavi Shahs, eminent mullahs were allowed to incite mob attacks on Bahá'í holy places and other properties. The ensuing loss of life, however, inevitably attracted foreign protest. In 1955, a particularly flagrant involvement of the government in one of the pogroms resulted in interventions at the United Nations.11 The Shah was embarrassed when international pressure forced him to curtail the worst of the excesses.

The Islamic Revolution

The collapse of the Pahlavi regime in February 1979 appeared to free the Shi`ih clergy from the restraints which international considerations had forced the Shahs to place on their political and social influence. After ecclesiastical pressure had led also to the overthrow of two interim revolutionary administrations,12 the mullahs assumed the civil power they today exercise as cabinet ministers, justices of the Supreme Court, members of Parliament, heads of government departments, revolutionary judges, military commissars, and block wardens whose control extends to the details of daily life. Even the offices of President and Prime Minister were eventually filled by clergy. The media became organs of religious propaganda. Ration cards and other crucial permits were distributed at mosques. New legislation imposed rigid rules from the Islamic Sharia, the code of laws based on Islamic tradition, on day-to-day life, and used the courts and police to enforce these ordinances.

XXXXXX.
Gee doesn't sound like someone who oppressed Bahaiis, does it? While today the religion is banned by the Islamist animals, and Bahaiis are hung because of their faith. Fatima the "journalist" Saigoon. Ha ha ha.

http://info.bahai.org/article-1-8-3-7.html

B. The connection between Bahá’is and the deceased Shah

The major part of the organizations of the Shah's, was managed by Bahá’is. As an example, suffice it to look at the following list of names, all of whom were Bahá’is:

Hoveyda, the Shah's 13-year Prime Minister as well as Minister of the Imperial Court and Minister of Finance;
Mehri Rasekh, Farah's boon companion;
Gen. Abdol-Karim Ayadi, the Shah's special physician, who held 23 high-ranking government jobs;
Gen. Ali Mohammad Khademi;
Gen. Sani'ee, Minister of War;
Habib Sabet and Hojabr Yazdani, two major economic supports and two financial arms of the shah.
Mansoor Rohani, the Shah's minister for 13 years;
Mrs Farokhrou Parsa, Minister of Education and holder of tens of other jobs;
Shapour Rasekh, the Shah's sincere advisor;
Hossein Amanat, the famous capitalist, designer and executor of the Shahyad Monu*ment;
Parviz Sabeti, Director of Internal Security of the Shah's security police;
Lili Amir-Arjomand, trainer of the Shah's children.

Last edited:
Roudy -

The Islamic Revolution

XXXXXX.
Gee doesn't sound like someone who oppressed Bahaiis, does it? While today the religion is banned by the Islamist animals, and Bahaiis are hung because of their faith. Fatima the "journalist" Saigoon. Ha ha ha.

B. The connection between Bahá’is and the deceased Shah

The major part of the organizations of the Shah's, was managed by Bahá’is. As an example, suffice it to look at the following list of names, all of whom were Bahá’is:

Hoveyda, the Shah's 13-year Prime Minister as well as Minister of the Imperial Court and Minister of Finance;
Mehri Rasekh, Farah's boon companion;
Gen. Abdol-Karim Ayadi, the Shah's special physician, who held 23 high-ranking government jobs;
Gen. Ali Mohammad Khademi;
Gen. Sani'ee, Minister of War;
Habib Sabet and Hojabr Yazdani, two major economic supports and two financial arms of the shah.
Mansoor Rohani, the Shah's minister for 13 years;
Mrs Farokhrou Parsa, Minister of Education and holder of tens of other jobs;
Shapour Rasekh, the Shah's sincere advisor;
Hossein Amanat, the famous capitalist, designer and executor of the Shahyad Monu*ment;
Parviz Sabeti, Director of Internal Security of the Shah's security police;
Lili Amir-Arjomand, trainer of the Shah's children.
On second thought never mind sending me your articles, just send me your jounalist license and I'll wipe my ass with THAT. That's the best it deserves. Oh Gawd this is too much! This idiot actually thinks of itself as an informed person when it comes to the Middle East, not to mention A JOURNALIST! Doesn't even know the first thing about anything.

Roudy -

Once again, you display an aversion to fact that can only be indicative of a lifelong condition...

The Shah operated amongst the most brutal police states the world has ever seen, every bit as oppressive as that in Libya, and arguably worse.

SAVAK has been described as Iran's "most hated and feared institution" prior to the revolution of 1979 because of its practice of torturing and executing opponents of the Pahlavi regime.[2][3] At its peak, the organization had as many as 60,000 agents serving in its ranks according to one source

During the height of its power, SAVAK had virtually unlimited powers. It operated its own detention centers, like Evin Prison. In addition to domestic security the service's tasks extended to the surveillance of Iranians abroad, notably in the United States, France, and the United Kingdom, and especially students on government stipends. T

A turning point in SAVAK's reputation for ruthless brutality was reportedly an attack on a gendarmerie post in the Caspian village of Siahkal by a small band of armed Marxists in February 1971, although it is also reported to have tortured to death a Shia cleric, Ayatollah Muhammad Reza Sa'idi, in 1970.[17] According to Iranian political historian Ervand Abrahamian, after this attack SAVAK interrogators were sent abroad for "scientific training to prevent unwanted deaths from 'brute force.' Brute force was supplemented with the bastinado; sleep deprivation; extensive solitary confinement; glaring searchlights; standing in one place for hours on end; nail extractions; snakes (favored for use with women); electrical shocks with cattle prods, often into the rectum; cigarette burns; sitting on hot grills; acid dripped into nostrils; near-drownings; mock executions; and an electric chair with a large metal mask to muffle screams while amplifying them for the victim. This latter contraption was dubbed the Apollo—an allusion to the American space capsules. Prisoners were also humiliated by being raped, urinated on, and forced to stand naked.[18] Despite the new 'scientific' methods, the torture of choice remained the traditional bastinado used to beat soles of the feet. The "primary goal" of those using the bastinados "was to locate arms caches, safe houses and accomplices ..." [19]

SAVAK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some wonderful books on this, but I somewhow doubt you have the stomach for them.

It's just a shame that the Mullahs who replaced the Shah turned out to be no better, and possibly worse.

Let us not forget that our "Black Ops"/CIA ousted the democratically-elected prime minister, M. Mossadegh, to replace him with a more "oil friendly" dictator.

Eman:
Let us not forget that our "Black Ops"/CIA ousted the democratically-elected prime minister, M. Mossadegh, to replace him with a more "oil friendly" dictator.
Actually Dr. Mossadegh believed that the shah was needed, but not to govern. He wanted a British style monarchy.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

Can you provide a link where you have admitted that you were wrong?

Because I can find a good 20 major errors of fact from you -- and there is not one where you admit to being wrong.

Remember when you said that 25,000 Palestinians were killed by Jordanians in 3 days in 1971?

(The actualy figure was between 3,500 - 5,000, it was in 1970, and it lasted 11 days.)

Don't worry. Syria doesn't have enough oil for Republicans to throw away more American lives.

Queen Mary -

You might also want to practice that whole "I can admit when I'm wrong' doctrine on this little winner!!

Bhuddists worship a statue but are by far one of the most peaceful and wise people I have met.

Don't worry. Syria doesn't have enough oil for Republicans to throw away more American lives.

Republicans could't even find anyone better than a MORMON!!!! to lead them. 'Nuff said. :lmao:

Forum List

Back