We Been Gettin That Jewish Money

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Just read an article where Lebron James made this statement on social media. Some people were upset and I couldnt figure out why.

"We been getting that Jewish money, Everything is Kosher,"

Can any Jewish people tell me why this is offensive?

Just read an article where Lebron James made this statement on social media. Some people were upset and I couldnt figure out why.

People will find it offensive because it plays off of a stereotype that has been used as part and parcel of the most vile anti-semitic rhetoric. For instance, if i referred to you as a watermelon slurping porch monkey, you probably wouldn't like it. Of course, accusing someone of eating watermelon or hanging out on a porch are not really deep-cutting, insulting accusations. Yet they touch on a body of stereotypes used to degrade black people and rally racists against them.

People will find it offensive because it plays off of a stereotype that has been used as part and parcel of the most vile anti-semitic rhetoric. For instance, if i referred to you as a watermelon slurping porch monkey, you probably wouldn't like it. Of course, accusing someone of eating watermelon or hanging out on a porch are not really deep-cutting, insulting accusations. Yet they touch on a body of stereotypes used to degrade black people and rally racists against them.

Thats interesting.. The intent of that quote is to praise the Jewish ability to make money.

"Apologies, for sure, if I offended anyone," James told ESPN. "That's not why I chose to share that lyric. I always (post lyrics). That's what I do. I ride in my car, I listen to great music, and that was the byproduct of it. So I actually thought it was a compliment, and obviously it wasn't through the lens of a lot of people. My apologies. It definitely was not the intent, obviously, to hurt anybody."
-Lebron James

Last edited:

Because if a jew had said

"We been getting that Black money, Everything is deep fried,"

Maxine Waters would be running around yelling RACIST!

The intent of that quote is to praise the Jewish ability to make money.

It's not a compliment to Jewish business acumen.

The sentiment behind the stereotype that Jews are good at making money is that they are accused of doing so at by cheating non-Jews and controlling the economy.

It's why millions of non-Jews had not problem putting Jews into box cars and shipping them off to the camps.

The sentiment behind the stereotype that Jews are good at making money is that they are accused of doing so at by cheating non-Jews and controlling the economy.

It's why millions of non-Jews had not problem putting Jews into box cars and shipping them off to the camps.
I spoke to a Jewish businessman before and he taught me a few things about money acquisition and attributed it to Jewish financial philosophy. He didnt use the word "cheating" but he did point to controlling their economy via collective cooperation between other Jewish people. I didnt see anything wrong with it.

If you need someone to explain it to you, you are even more of a lost cause than I had previously believed.

If you need someone to explain it to you, you are even more of a lost cause than I had previously believed.
A lost cause would be an idiot like you that would prefer to remain ignorant. :rolleyes:

A lost cause would be an idiot like you that would prefer to remain ignorant. :rolleyes:

I am rubber
You are glue
Every mean thing you say
Bounces off me
And stick to you

I am rubber
You are glue
Every mean thing you say
Bounces off me
And stick to you
Says the clown that prefers blissful ignorance to being educated. :rolleyes:

I am rubber
You are glue
Every mean thing you say
Bounces off me
And stick to you
Says the clown that prefers blissful ignorance to being educated. :rolleyes:

As your form of education doesn't grok that racism is a form of bigotry, I'll pass on your re-education syllabus of War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength and Freedom is Slavery.

I spoke to a Jewish businessman before and he taught me a few things about money acquisition and attributed it to Jewish financial philosophy. He didnt use the word "cheating" but he did point to controlling their economy via collective cooperation between other Jewish people.

I seriously doubt that he told you that Jews are a collective. We are the last people on Earth people would describe as collective. The old joke "Ten Jews, Twenty opinions" isn't far from the truth.

There is no Jewish "financial philosophy" any more than there is a xtian financial philosophy. Jews have historically been in mercantile and financial businesses because they were forbidden to do other kinds of work.

In the past, Jews were forbidden to join occupational guilds, own land outside of a Jewish enclave, or even live outside of strictly controlled ghettos. The word "Ghetto" didn't originate in America. It was the name of the area of Venice, Italy where for hundreds of years, Jews were required to live and work, and an area in which they were locked in after sundown.

I spoke to a Jewish businessman before and he taught me a few things about money acquisition and attributed it to Jewish financial philosophy. He didnt use the word "cheating" but he did point to controlling their economy via collective cooperation between other Jewish people.

I seriously doubt that he told you that Jews are a collective. We are the last people on Earth people would describe as collective. The old joke "Ten Jews, Twenty opinions" isn't far from the truth.

There is no Jewish "financial philosophy" any more than there is a xtian financial philosophy. Jews have historically been in mercantile and financial businesses because they were forbidden to do other kinds of work.

In the past, Jews were forbidden to join occupational guilds, own land outside of a Jewish enclave, or even live outside of strictly controlled ghettos. The word "Ghetto" didn't originate in America. It was the name of the area of Venice, Italy where for hundreds of years, Jews were required to live and work, and an area in which they were locked in after sundown.

Not exactly sure why you doubt it....

The Importance of the Community (Kehilla) in Judaism | My Jewish Learning

"The collective is an integral part of the Jewish experience."

by RABBI JILL JACOBS

The Collective is Alive | Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley

I always heard the term "ghetto" came from Poland to describe where the Jews were confined to.

by RABBI JILL JACOBS

Non-Jews mean something wholly other when they speak of a Jewish collective.

One of the longest lasting anti-Semitic tropes is something called "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion".

In that book, written by agents of the Czarist state in 19th Century Russia, it describes how all Jews around the world are part of a global conspiracy to work together to control the world. They claim this 'Jewish Cabal' is led by secretive Jewish leaders, but all Jews, from Warsaw to Wichita are in on the plot to take over the world.

That is what Anti-Semities mean when they attribute Jewish success to the Jewish collective.

Cooperation between Jews in business, politics, or socially, is no different than between members of any ethnic community. But, as most small ethnic communities learn very quickly, you can't just sell each other things. A successful business must include people from outside the community as well.

I always heard the term "ghetto" came from Poland to describe where the Jews were confined to.

It's older than that. Dating back to the 16th century. There were Jewish enclaves all over Europe and Russia. Most European towns had one. 'Ghetto' was just the nickname for a specific one in Venice that originated in the 1500's.

by RABBI JILL JACOBS

One of the longest lasting anti-Semitic tropes is something called "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion".

In that book, written by agents of the Czarist state in 19th Century Russia, it describes how all Jews around the world are part of a global conspiracy to work together to control the world. They claim this 'Jewish Cabal' is led by secretive Jewish leaders, but all Jews, from Warsaw to Wichita are in on the plot to take over the world.

That is what Anti-Semities mean when they attribute Jewish success to the Jewish collective.

Cooperation between Jews in business, politics, or socially, is no different than between members of any ethnic community. But, as most small ethnic communities learn very quickly, you can't just sell each other things. A successful business must include people from outside the community as well.
Ah. Now I get it. Any mention of controlling money and Jewish people can bring on more attacks.

Maybe watch Schindler’s List, if anyone needs an education about how Jews were regarded. The way the world is these days, if you are black you get a pass and can say anything you want. If anyone says anything remotely close against the black culture, they are destroyed. That’s an observation, not a criticism. With that being said, successful Jews that are proficient with money would not be offended by his statement. They would laugh, because it’s true. The media, and/or some douchey actors will always run with it, to stir up some [emoji90]. For them, any exposure is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by RABBI JILL JACOBS

Ah. Now I get it. Any mention of controlling money and Jewish people can bring on more attacks.

I don't believe for one second that Mr. James was intending to invoke an anti-Semitic trope. From what I've heard of Mr. James, he's a superb athlete and has managed to do quite well for himself in a business where players are often quite exploited.

I think some overly sensitive people (not naming names) are wrong for accusing him of invoking anti-Semitic stereotypes when he made a joke that he clearly didn't mean to be offensive.

I'm willing to explain the reasons why people could take offense to the statement, but I don't take offense at it and refuse to participate in their outrage.

Maybe watch Schindler’s List, if anyone needs an education about how Jews were regarded. The way the world is these days, if you are black you get a pass and can say anything you want. If anyone says anything remotely close against the black culture, they are destroyed. That’s an observation, not a criticism. With that being said, successful Jews that are proficient with money would not be offended by his statement. They would laugh, because it’s true. The media, and/or some douchey actors will always run with it, to stir up some [emoji90]. For them, any exposure is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will do that. Always meant to watch Schindlers List. Lebron James didnt get a pass. People are upset about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back