we are not specific enough

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023

from humanities.org​

What is the Difference Between a Moron, Imbecile and Idiot?​

It's true — there's a difference. The three terms didn't start out as social insults either, in fact. In the early 1900s, psychologists used the terms to describe various levels of retardation. Those with an IQ of 0 to 25 (an IQ of 100 is average) were called idiots, 26 to 50 were called imbeciles and 51 to 70 were called morons. Morons could communicate and learn common tasks; imbeciles stalled mentally at about six years old; and idiots couldn't respond to stimulus or communicate with any level of competency.

no matter what i say, i don't think anyone on even this board is an idiot.

the only use of "imbecile" in a sentence might be a quote from moe howard

i guess that leaves "moron ...." barely communicate and complete simple tasks

In my days ( BA Psychology) , Moron was 60 --80 and in fairness I doubt anybody with IQ much under 80 could write well , let alone post meaningfully.

I am closely involved with a 12 year old who has an IQ near 0 and whom we all call Vegetable -- no nastiness .

He can smile , make dissatisfaction noises and yell. Effectively minimal brain function
He weighs 20.5 kgs , is tube fed ( PEG) , blind with some hearing , hip and shoulder displacements .
That's it for life, and for the sake of the family I hope he dies young -- as most do . Parents dearly love him .
Daily seizures, but despite all of that apparently healthy .

Can he truly be said to be human ?
Should he be" allowed "to continue living ? -- the toll on the family is ginormous -- mother, father , one brother(8) and one very young sister, nearly one .
Mother is 38 , lacks for almost nothing but looks around 50 , lives on nervous energy , eats poorly and is close to being anorexic ( stress).
What a mess .
Nice one "God" .

In my days ( BA Psychology) , Moron was 60 --80 and in fairness I doubt anybody with IQ much under 80 could write well , let alone post meaningfully.

I am closely involved with a 12 year old who has an IQ near 0 and whom we all call Vegetable -- no nastiness .

He can smile , make dissatisfaction noises and yell. Effectively minimal brain function
He weighs 20.5 kgs , is tube fed ( PEG) , blind with some hearing , hip and shoulder displacements .
That's it for life, and for the sake of the family I hope he dies young -- as most do . Parents dearly love him .
Daily seizures, but despite all of that apparently healthy .

Can he truly be said to be human ?
Should he be" allowed "to continue living ? -- the toll on the family is ginormous -- mother, father , one brother(8) and one very young sister, nearly one .
Mother is 38 , lacks for almost nothing but looks around 50 , lives on nervous energy , eats poorly and is close to being anorexic ( stress).
What a mess .
Nice one "God" .
you do know this was a humorous post, because many of my jokes flop. that might be why i try them here first.

about the child. what a perfect organ donor. i say

"don't kill him, clone him"

more seriously, that is very sad, and i've known parents with downs syndrome children who are very loving, caring, and protective . makes euthanasia sound awful, but what is a utilitarian to do?

you do know this was a humorous post, because many of my jokes flop. that might be why i try them here first.

about the child. what a perfect organ donor. i say

"don't kill him, clone him"

more seriously, that is very sad, and i've known parents with downs syndrome children who are very loving, caring, and protective . makes euthanasia sound awful, but what is a utilitarian to do?

Had not sussed the Humour ( where was it? ) and in fairness the Topic is headed General Discussion .
OP looked just like a popular intro into a good subject, possibly composed with the Forum Outcasts in mind .

Not sure why I gave you the story about 12 year old Dominic but having him instead as a Downes would be like a transfer to a Rolls Royce in car terms .
At the time of writing I was also on Face time to the Mum who had the camera on him in his special wheelchair where he was having a seizure .
Brings home the perspective of having someone in his grotesque condition full time .

Forum outcast infamous RACIST motivated posting:
'Luiza' - Nazism:

(luiza.86585)

• Pro Jihad child killing.
  • Admitting Jews today are the same ethnicity as Jesus . But often tries to lie about it.
  • Advocates for genocide.
  • Pro Jihad entities use of its children.
  • Promoting Hitler garbage.
  • Spamming the forums with despicable wording.

Gas chambers or Ovens - Nazi Luiza asks?

Exterminating J.

image upload

Against all Jews.

And more...

Today's Jews are as Jesus ethnicity she admits. But racist Luiza still hates via ancient lies canards stereotypes.

the English language is broad and magnificent enough that when you really need to lay into someone, you may do so in a properly considerate manner, and without resorting to potentially offensive and antiquated psychological jargon. Jobbernowl, loblolly, driveler ... these offer just a glimpse of the many non-clinical ways our language has of referring to those chuckleheads in your way.

Forum List

Back