We are living in the Confederacy.

no1tovote4 said:
Who is David Allen Coe? I have never heard a song by him on the radio! Believe me there are groups in Punk and Heavy Metal that sing entirely racist music. Tonight there is a show on ABC I believe about two twin girls that sing this crap R&B style I believe, they are touting it as the "new face of hate", I guess that means that some people listen to R&B for racist reasons.

Some people paint for racist reasons, some people write novels and read them for racist reasons. It gets ridiculous, some people do almost everything for racist reasons, why is it important?

Twin girls singing racist r&b? :link:

no1tovote4 said:
Who is David Allen Coe? I have never heard a song by him on the radio! Believe me there are groups in Punk and Heavy Metal that sing entirely racist music. Tonight there is a show on ABC I believe about two twin girls that sing this crap R&B style I believe, they are touting it as the "new face of hate", I guess that means that some people listen to R&B for racist reasons.

Some people paint for racist reasons, some people write novels and read them for racist reasons. It gets ridiculous, some people do almost everything for racist reasons, why is it important?

David Allen Coe

http://www.davidallancoe.com/

Hit sound files, top left. Then scroll down the page to the blinking "Listen to Music on Line" title - "You Never Called Me By My Name" and "Long Haired Redneck" are probably his most famous....and my favorites.

Said1 said:
David Allen Coe

http://www.davidallancoe.com/

Hit sound files, top left. Then scroll down the page to the blinking "Listen to Music on Line" title - "You Never Called Me By My Name" and "Long Haired Redneck" are probably his most famous....and my favorites.
f43241p4g2p.jpg

Now there is an album cover...

rtwngAvngr said:
He's the white Mr. T!

Long Haired Redneck - written for my ex-husband.

Country dj's knows that I'm an outlaw.
They'd never come to see me in this dive.
Where bikers stare at cowboys,
Who are laughin' at the hippies,
Who are prayin they'll get out of here alive.

The loudmouth in the corners gettin' to me
Talkin 'bout my earrings and my hair.
I guess he ain't read the signs that say I've been to prison,
But someone ought to warn him
Before I knock him off his chair.

'Cause my long hair just can't cover up my redneck.
I've won every fight I've ever fought.
And I don't need some turkey telling me that I ain't country.
Sayin' I ain't worth the damned 'ol ticket that he bought.
'Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas
And I still do all the sad ones that I know.
They tell me I look like Merle Haggard
And sound a lot like David Allan Coe.

And the barmaid in the last town that we played in
Knew the words to every song I'd wrote.
She said Jimmy Rabbit turned her on to my last album
Just about the time the jukebox broke.
Yeah, Johnny Cash helped me get out of prison,
Long before Rodriga stole that goat.
I've been a rhinestone cowboy for so long I can't remember.
And I can do ya every song Hank Williams ever wrote.

And I can sing all them song about Texas
And I still do all the sad ones that I know.
I can't help it I look like Merle Haggard
And I sound a lot like David Allan Coe

But these country dj's all think I'm an outlaw.
They'd never come to see me in this dive
Wher bikers stare at cowboys
who are laughin' at the hippies
Who are prayin' they'll get out of here alive.
The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me,
Talkin 'bout my earri
more David Allan Coe Lyrics

The ClayTaurus said:
Twin girls singing racist r&b? :link:

I saw the ad on TV last night. I don't know if it is R&B, I haven't seen the show. I just think it is. Probably POP or R&B, that was the clothing appearance.

:dunno:

What an ass anyway! Your whole point is they will use any medium, then you won't believe that they would use this one?! You really don't think that the skinheads would use that as a medium to spread their hate?

no1tovote4 said:
I saw the ad on TV last night. I don't know if it is R&B, I haven't seen the show. I just think it is. Probably POP or R&B, that was the clothing appearance.

:dunno:

What an ass anyway! Your whole point is they will use any medium, then you won't believe that they would use this one?! You really don't think that the skinheads would use that as a medium to spread their hate?

No no, it wasn't that I don't believe, just that I couldn't find it! I wanna see racist r&b singing twins. It sounds too gimmicky to be true, not trying to be an ass :)

The ClayTaurus said:
No no, it wasn't that I don't believe, just that I couldn't find it! I wanna see racist r&b singing twins. It sounds too gimmicky to be true, not trying to be an ass :)

It's either going to be on, or has already aired on one of those 20/20 style shows. They had ads on one of the shows I watched last night, could have been one on the DVR. I just remember the ads. The girls are cute little blondes. The ad said, "The lyrics will shock you." So it is one of those shock value shows. They also said they were the "new face of hate". I don't even know what channel they will be on or were on.

no1tovote4 said:
It's either going to be on, or has already aired on one of those 20/20 style shows. They had ads on one of the shows I watched last night, could have been one on the DVR. I just remember the ads. The girls are cute little blondes. The ad said, "The lyrics will shock you." So it is one of those shock value shows. They also said they were the "new face of hate". I don't even know what channel they will be on or were on.
dateline?

Nuc said:
Threadjacked!

Do we live in the Confederacy or not? Please refrain from the "R" word. :whip: :arabia: :coffee3:

No, we dont' live in the Confederacy, but it is definitely a strong force on the country.

Nuc said:
Threadjacked!

Do we live in the Confederacy or not? Please refrain from the "R" word. :whip: :arabia: :coffee3:

I don't know but ya got me thinking since it is sort of a culture. And I've been wondering what the hell white peoples culture is really. The issues surrounding the reasons for and nature of the Confederacy may make it a "white people" thing. Sounds more like you are just sick and tired of the whole country thing, actually.

dilloduck said:
I don't know but ya got me thinking since it is sort of a culture. And I've been wondering what the hell white peoples culture is really. The issues surrounding the reasons for and nature of the Confederacy may make it a "white people" thing. Sounds more like you are just sick and tired of the whole country thing, actually.

I was just thinking about "the South will rise again" and so on and realizing that politically the south is probably stronger in many ways than the North. Do you think if a Northern Prez and VP candidate went against two Southerners they could win, regardless of party? I doubt it.

As far as country music goes, I like it, but I like the real stuff, Hank Sr., Johnny Cash, Porter Wagoner, Willie Nelson, Carter Family, Bill Monroe. I find it ridiculous when people like Shania Twain from Canada play disco/metal music with pedal steel guitar and people identify it as country. Merle Haggard's last record didn't get any airplay on country stations because they said that's not country anymore.

Nuc said:
I was just thinking about "the South will rise again" and so on and realizing that politically the south is probably stronger in many ways than the North. Do you think if a Northern Prez and VP candidate went against two Southerners they could win, regardless of party? I doubt it.

I think Clinton (D-AR) and Gore (D-TN) proved you right in 1992 and 1996.

gop_jeff said:
I think Clinton (D-AR) and Gore (D-TN) proved you right in 1992 and 1996.

If it weren't for the little general with the big ears with the Admiral for a running mate they would not have won even once. Their odd mixture of Libertarian social ideas mixed with the balance the budget at all cost attitude took votes from the Republicans thus making a 42% vote actually get those two into the office.

Forum List

Back