Watters On Fox's "The Five" Expresses Glee At Idea Of Violent "October Surprise"?

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
OK, watch from 12:00 to 12:50. Look at the expression of calm and even :muahaha: ? when Watters says...I can't even believe he said this given the conspiracy theories out there about the GOP...just watch it.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess. Wow. He said, and I shit you not:

"And if there's one more terrorist attack..maybe in October? ..it'll make Trump's plan a lot more appealing..."

All I can say is Watters had better hope there isn't a violent "October (or September) surprise". Because if there is, President Hillary might launch an investigation into Fox News and Watters... Is there something he knows he isn't telling us? :uhh:

I"ve always wondered how it is that just before an election there always seems to be very complicit terrorists out there. The common lore is that if folks are nervous or scared, more of them vote republican...the stronger "masculine/protective" party, traditionally anyway.

This was a very unfortunate comment. They're going to need a new plan if the conspiracy folks are right. They're going to bookmark that comment of course. Just when you thought Trump couldn't hurt Congressionals more, Fox lets this gaff out on the air. Watters and others there need to choose their words much more carefully IMHO. And what a venue too. "The Five" is the more edgy show aimed at moderates; and no doubt a bunch of them were tuned in when Watters said this! I like the Five and I think Watters' act is funny. I just can't believe this. My head snapped around when I heard it...I had the tube turned up and was working in the other room.

(Taking bets on how long it will be before the youtube link doesn't work? I say 18 hours or less)

Last edited:
Nah it's about as stupid as everything else Sil posts.
Did you even watch the footage? No? Thought so.
71015328.jpg

You're voting Trump then? Thought a liberal like you would object to what Watters said.

So Watters casually expressing that Trump could be given an assist by a violent October surprise doesn't rattle you at all?
have you ever noticed how often the candidates get compared to hitler, and it's always some raw emotion, thoughtless accusation that somehow the candidate is a monster trying to kill people. but then, what is the real history, how did hitler come to power... any sincere explanation of how there really are people in our government right now who might go full hitler, well suddenly it's time to make ridiculous aspersions about ridiculous conspiracy theorists...

have you ever noticed how often the candidates get compared to hitler, and it's always some raw emotion, thoughtless accusation that somehow the candidate is a monster trying to kill people. but then, what is the real history, how did hitler come to power... any sincere explanation of how there really are people in our government right now who might go full hitler, well suddenly it's time to make ridiculous aspersions about ridiculous conspiracy theorists...
Actually, the conditions prior to the rise of Hitler were nearly identical to the conditions we are experiencing now...massive economic collapse from too much warring in WWI, german poverty, unemployment, racial unrest and despair. Along comes a smooth-talking Messiah and the rest is history as they say..

So making the comparison is perfectly and soberly reasonable, not "a conspiracy theory".

That being said, what Watters said was reckless and irresponsible. And how much I like his bit, I hope he never does this again.

A comment Bill O'Reilly made in his "Talking Points" memo last night: Bill O'Reilly: The O'Reilly Factor - Thursday, August 18, 2016

"While the left-wing media wants to put a stake through the Trump campaign's heart, the truth is he does have a chance to win the presidency. That chance hangs on two issues - the economy and combating Islamic terrorism. If there is another terror attack on U.S. soil, Americans will react and that, of course, could change voting patterns......Americans are engaged emotionally with the terror fight and that will affect the upcoming vote. Both candidates should make ISIS a top priority."

You know, give Watters' comments in the OP and Bill-O's comments last night....it's almost as if there is a "get out the vote" domestic terror attack planned for October Surprise. I'd like to think that wasn't the case. I really would. With what Watters said and what Bill seems to be saying: Fox News, without clarifying their comments further appears to be saying "we know how to get to Americans emotionally to rescue this dog of a campaign Trump is running, so don't be surprised if there's a terror attack on American soil between now and November" :eek-52:

And as I said before, it always amazes me at how complicit these Islamic terrorists are right at the moment their terror would insure a voting boon for a certain political party..It's almost uncanny actually. An example? Benghazi on 9-11 2012. And it STILL DIDN'T WORK...though it might have brought in a few more votes. Romney couldn't pull it off because he himself was a flawed candidate...as is Trump...

Looks like the Cheney playbook is in full application. Trump will lose. But the GOP Congressional hopefuls don't have to.

Last edited:

So Watters casually expressing that Trump could be given an assist by a violent October surprise doesn't rattle you at all?
It is simply a recognition of the Reality we live in.

Democrats are such stupid liars that they think that they can intimidate all the public into meekly accepting their criminal nominees. They dont understand that this actually helps Trump, just like you NEVERTrumpers cant understand that the more you work to undermine Trump and sabotage the Republican party in this election the more certain you are to lose any influence you have in it.

No conservative can put Hillary in office because Trump is only 80% conservative in their opinion.

That is not a conservative, that is a fraud, and if you would rather have Hillary than Trump because Trump is not conservative enough then you are only a poser, not a real conservative.

Forum List

Back