Watching Boehner news conference now

Why do you keep following me around, humping my leg?

humdog_thu.gif

Oh, Pardon me.

We should respect your plea to have politicians 'Just work it out' as a viable 'out of the box' solution.

LOL

Thank you!

Next you will be telling us the solution to sucky old wars is 'world peace.'

And you still won't have to take a stand.

Last gasps of a desperate man

Boehner is fucked no matter what he does. He will lose his beloved tax cuts no matter what he does. If we go off the cliff, he gets the blame, if he compromises he loses his Speakership

Couldn't happen to a nicer man

And don't forget to repeat for the 40,000th time that the GOP lost the election. :tongue:

Boehner is fucked no matter what he does. He will lose his beloved tax cuts no matter what he does. If we go off the cliff, he gets the blame, if he compromises he loses his Speakership

And don't forget to repeat for the 40,000th time that the GOP lost the election. :tongue:

Boehner is in a corner

He is screwed no matter what he does. Obama is giving him enough rope right now. Lets see how he handles it

Boehner is in a corner

He is screwed no matter what he does. Obama is giving him enough rope right now. Lets see how he handles it

The talking points may say that but reality says that Boehner should let Obama own it. As I said earlier...the GOP will blamed for the bad and Obama will get credit for any good anyway.

Roll the dice.

Boehner is in a corner

The talking points may say that but reality says that Boehner should let Obama own it. As I said earlier...the GOP will blamed for the bad and Obama will get credit for any good anyway.

Roll the dice.

I see that argument, but don't forget how this would be portrayed in the press, complete capitulation by the GOP. Dangerous. No doubt that's playing into Boehner's thought process.

getting exactly what he wants is tax cuts on the wealthy to rise jsut like 60% of the American people want.

You want to crash the car because the American people dont agree with you and didnt vote for your party

TM you're a partisan idiot. Give Obama exactly what he wants and this nation is still going to have a trillion dollar dificit next year.

Why don't you love your country?

...when it won't raise enough money...

Yep.

In fact, the BEST CASE scenario estimates raising taxes on the rich would increase revenue enough to cover eight days of government spending. Eight days!

I argue the more likely scenario will be LESS revenue. As we've seen in the last month, that's exactly what happen in the UK, France, and the state of California after raising taxes on the wealthy.

So, I have to ask our resident Obamabots, what's the point of raising taxes on the wealthy? What do you hope to accomplish?

I put this up in another thread. The wealthy of France are bailing in droves. Here's the post.

Meanwhile in France where they have decided to tax the wealthy 75%, the French President and Prime Minister are whining their asses off as the rich are bailing in droves.

Now wealthy French citizens have responded predictably by moving out of France and last week famed French actor Gerard Depardieu joined the exodus.

The steady stream of departures has left the Hollande government incensed and this week Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault blasted the rich.

The English have also seen the same decline in wealthy taxpayers after it imposed a 50% tax. They are now going to reduce that tax after the departure of many wealthy Brits and David Cameron controversially pledged to “roll out the red carpet” for any French residents fleeing the massive tax hike.

In the meantime, anger at the wealthy continues to rise in France, where “eat the rich” signs are appearing.

The problems is that you cannot eat the rich if the rich flee before the meal.

:lol:

Liberal fools. It looks good on Hollande. What an idiot.

French Government Denounces Wealthy Leaving Country After Imposition of 75% Tax Rate « JONATHAN TURLEY

...when it won't raise enough money...

Yep.

In fact, the BEST CASE scenario estimates raising taxes on the rich would increase revenue enough to cover eight days of government spending. Eight days!

I argue the more likely scenario will be LESS revenue. As we've seen in the last month, that's exactly what happen in the UK, France, and the state of California after raising taxes on the wealthy.

So, I have to ask our resident Obamabots, what's the point of raising taxes on the wealthy? What do you hope to accomplish?

I put this up in another thread. The wealthy of France are bailing in droves. Here's the post.

Meanwhile in France where they have decided to tax the wealthy 75%, the French President and Prime Minister are whining their asses off as the rich are bailing in droves.

Now wealthy French citizens have responded predictably by moving out of France and last week famed French actor Gerard Depardieu joined the exodus.

The steady stream of departures has left the Hollande government incensed and this week Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault blasted the rich.

The English have also seen the same decline in wealthy taxpayers after it imposed a 50% tax. They are now going to reduce that tax after the departure of many wealthy Brits and David Cameron controversially pledged to “roll out the red carpet” for any French residents fleeing the massive tax hike.

In the meantime, anger at the wealthy continues to rise in France, where “eat the rich” signs are appearing.

French Government Denounces Wealthy Leaving Country After Imposition of 75% Tax Rate « JONATHAN TURLEY

If our wealthy want to bail over a 4% tax increase...I welcome them to do so

That Atlas Shrugged crap is bull shit

Yep.

Afterall it's only 4% and it should be redistributed to some lazy ass slug in his mother's basement who claims he can't find a job. :cool:

Yep.

And the loss of tax revenue, you're okay with that? Really?

Afterall it's only 4% and it should be redistributed to some lazy ass slug in his mother's basement who claims he can't find a job. :cool:

Or else we could reduce the debt

Which shows how you're not paying attention to the real world. "Boehner said the White House is demanding too little in spending savings and too much in fresh spending on programs designed to stimulate the economy."

Obama wants to spend not reduce anything...

Boehner: White House Seems Willing to 'slow-walk' over 'fiscal Cliff'

here the republican party is.

they made a mess of their party and the country and now want more bad things for this country becuase the PARTY has nothing more to lose?

That is how the party sees things.

NOTHING is about country and its all about their party.

Party over country at every turn

You numbskulls want the rich to pay their fair share so the lazy don't have to pay anything, and you have the nerve to say R's are putting party over country. And btw... It's because idiot.

60% of the American people agree the welthy need to pay more.

You hate your country and think democracy means nothing if it doesnt do your bidding

66% of this Country want cuts as well as tax increases. I don't hear you demanding Reid draft spending cut bills.

You numbskulls want the rich to pay their fair share so the lazy don't have to pay anything, and you have the nerve to say R's are putting party over country. And btw... It's because idiot.

You hate your country and think democracy means nothing if it doesnt do your bidding

66% of this Country want cuts as well as tax increases. I don't hear you demanding Reid draft spending cut bills.

And you won't hear that from her either

And you won't hear that from her either

Then by all means, let's get specific, if cuts are what we want. But the thing is, to really cut, we have to eliminate programs, entirely. Anything in the budget, gets funded, and much is beyond control. I.E. cut what we give folks in food aid, but more enter the program. Up goes cost, despite the "cut."

So programs to eliminate?

Medicare Part D? Sure. It's a fucking boondoggle that removes bidding on prescription drugs, and gives Big Pharma a virtual monopoly, protected from free market supply and demand. Fascist-like, not free market Capitalism.

Homeland Security? Hell yes. What's the risk of death-by-terrorist? 0.0001% as great as heart disease? Way less than death-while-walking? (car-pedestrian) And only a smidge more likely than death by midget in clown suit beating you with a didgeridoo? Yeah. That. So get rid of it, since it's a fucking monster, building a new HQ that will dwarf the fucking Pentagon, to protect us from, what?

And why must government assitance have Visa cards? Who the fuck put them in the middle of poor folks buying food and Walmart selling it? Why, just so the financial sector could jump in and grab a couple percent in merchant discount fees that Walmart adds to the cost of the food we buy? Stooooooopid. Get rid of it.

Okay; there's three for a start. Anyone else have ideas and why?

Last edited:

Or else we could reduce the debt

Which shows how you're not paying attention to the real world. "Boehner said the White House is demanding too little in spending savings and too much in fresh spending on programs designed to stimulate the economy."

Obama wants to spend not reduce anything...

Boehner: White House Seems Willing to 'slow-walk' over 'fiscal Cliff'

Nonsense

Obama has targeted $2 trillion in savings through tax increases and spending cuts

Forum List

Back